RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?

Go down 
+13
golfchowmk
rogoch
nutty88
kp
salty dog
BGLeeJohn
Tomcat
LazySwinger
Neutralgolfer
jazz_samz
swing2sky
pocketace
Uncle Lau
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? Empty
PostSubject: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I loved to repair pitch mark on the green. 1st, it calm me down and 2nd i could see the slope and speed as i walk around looking for pitch mark. Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? 288898

If we repair pitch marks, the green will grow back faster.

UL

afro
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I will repair if I happen to see one on the green that I am standing... but will not purposely walk around the green to look for pitch mark lah...
I think if everyone plays their part and repairs the pitch mark around their ball... then that is a good start.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 pm

If I see one on the green, chances are I'll repair it unless I'm being chased to hurry up. If it is my own pitch mark, I'll definitely repair it. I remember what my first coach told me, a pitch mark indicated one's ability to reach the green with a nice high approach shot. A testament of a player playing ability, and that ability included playing ethics. And that ethics included repairing one's own pitch mark.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Last game at Kranji....on the green alot of pitch marks left unrepair ! I have to go around and repaired them !

Haizzz.... scratch
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Last game at Kranji....on the green alot of pitch marks left unrepair ! I have to go around and repaired them !

Haizzz.... scratch

I make it a effort to repair pitch marks for every green to maintain the playability of our 'playground'.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 am

Hell yes!!!!
But I do have a group of golfer's who I rarely play with. I LL play with them if I cannot Siam bcos one of them is not like that and is a long time good friend. It his other two friends boh standard
They simply boh chup, dun rake bunkers, dun repair fairways etc. Buay tahan!!!!
They are like ah Beng golfers and they damn yaya..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 am

swing2sky wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Haizzz.... scratch

I make it a effort to repair pitch marks for every green to maintain the playability of our 'playground'.. Very Happy

Swee Ah ! Yes must set a good example ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 am

jazz_samz wrote:
Hell yes!!!!
But I do have a group of golfer's who I rarely play with. I LL play with them if I cannot Siam bcos one of them is not like that and is a long time good friend. It his other two friends boh standard

No worry bro ! please get them to join Reddot ! We will guide or torture them till they repair pitch and divots marks ! Rank sand bunker and take off polo and place them on the wet ground for RDG ladies to walk on.....swee ah ! I love you
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:
Hell yes!!!!

No worry bro ! please get them to join Reddot ! We will guide or torture them till they repair pitch and divots marks ! Rank sand bunker and take off polo and place them on the wet ground for RDG ladies to walk on.....swee ah ! I love you

Ya, shame them once, they will learn... lol!
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Haizzz.... scratch

Swee Ah ! Yes must set a good example ! Very Happy

Not only me...I think everyone should do their part. So what you can play low 70's, but if one can't even bother to repair one's own pitch marks, this player has no basic golf etiquette. Shy to say..Embarassed
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:
Hell yes!!!!

Ya, shame them once, they will learn... lol!

Fully agreed, shame them once, still don't learn, then how?.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LazySwinger
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
LazySwinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I loved to repair pitch mark on the green. 1st, it calm me down and 2nd i could see the slope and speed as i walk around looking for pitch mark. Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? 288898

UL

afro

A simple rule I always use. Repair your own PLUS at least three more of others if you have the time. Make that a point. Our playground will be so much more fun to play in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 am

LazySwinger wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

UL

afro

A simple rule I always use. Repair your own PLUS at least three more of others if you have the time. Make that a point. Our playground will be so much more fun to play in. Very Happy

Swee...And I hope to repair my own pitch mark for every hole as that will means that my skill has improve. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tomcat
Tomcat

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 am

I hope that I do not need to repair any divot at all!!! That means, I am hitting it VERY clean.

Pitch mark... definitely must repair... especially when it comes to putting.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:52 am

swing2sky wrote:

Fully agreed, shame them once, still don't learn, then how?.. Laughing

Don't play with them liao...haha.. Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? 358550 Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? 16911
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:
Hell yes!!!!

nah. Told them before. They looked at me as if I am being rude. So I try to avoid playing with them loh. Now all the more can avoid Liao. I have so many good hia di and sisters to okay golf with.

RDG 万岁!!!
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:58 pm

RDG 万岁..万万岁... cheers
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
BGLeeJohn

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:09 am

It is the responsibility of every "Certified" Golfer to repair pitch mark, Divot and Rake the bunker.
Not only the above. We also have to look after each other safety.

Sadly to say not many will repair the divot when Buggy is on track. They simply forget to bring the sand bottle with them.
Worst is there is no sand in the bottle ....
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:53 am

BGLeeJohn wrote:
It is the responsibility of every "Certified" Golfer to repair pitch mark, Divot and Rake the bunker.

Sadly to say not many will repair the divot when Buggy is on track. They simply forget to bring the sand bottle with them.

That usually occurs in JB course, want to repair ball divot but no sand bottle. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:05 am

swing2sky wrote:
BGLeeJohn wrote:

That usually occurs in JB course, want to repair ball divot but no sand bottle. Crying or Very sad

OHHHHhhhhhhh............JB course must repair pitch mark and repair divots ? 8) Some JB course the green so hard that your golf ball actually bounch away from the green, JB course where got provide sand to repair divots.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:40 pm

After one years and i see many many unrepair pitch match on the green, especially in kranji and even at SICC Old Course ! Mad

Why golfers don't repair pitch marks on the green ? i always repaired them even it not my own. I repaired pitch marks until my pitch marker is bend !!!

Hope we at RDG will always remember to repair our and others pitch mark. We still be playing a long long time on this earth !

I love you Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? Pitch-mark-repair
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:28 pm

One observation. I see most of the low hcp or scratch are the ones who carry a ball mark repair tool and use it religiously.

I believe there are several reasons for this:

(1) As they become better player, they realize how important it is to have a good even green to putt.

(2) As they become better player, they have a lot more time to spend on the green while waiting for the rest of the flight mate to struggle from the bunker or rough to get on the green.

So moral of the story is, UL is a good player. Smile
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:58 pm

I read an article some years back, which was about a Good Player and a Good Golfer, and it went something like this.........

A Good Player drives his ball long and straight, hits his approach shots with pin-point accuracy, and he can do wonders to his ball, draw, fade, back-spin and what have you. But that's about where it stops.

A Good Golfer may or may not possess the playing ability of a Good Player, but he will show consideration for other players, not cause any distractions, play at a good pace, rake bunkers after him, repair divots/ball marks and prevent unnecessary damage to the golf course.

We should always leave the golf course in the condition in which we expect to find it.

Let's all strive to become Good Players AND Good Golfers.

Happy Golfing !
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:06 am

kp wrote:
I read an article some years back, which was about a Good Player and a Good Golfer, and it went something like this.........

A Good Player drives his ball long and straight, hits his approach shots with pin-point accuracy, and he can do wonders to his ball, draw, fade, back-spin and what have you. But that's about where it stops.

A Good Golfer may or may not possess the playing ability of a Good Player, but he will show consideration for other players, not cause any distractions, play at a good pace, rake bunkers after him, repair divots/ball marks and prevent unnecessary damage to the golf course.

We should always leave the golf course in the condition in which we expect to find it.

Let's all strive to become Good Players AND Good Golfers.

Happy Golfing !

Well said !!!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:27 pm

I will repair my own pitch marks if I see one. I will also try to repair 1 or 2 more if possible without disturbing my flight mates and also won't hold up the flight behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?   Do you repair pitch marks on the green ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you repair pitch marks on the green ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next