moi
BGLeeJohn
Uncle Lau
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    Empty
PostSubject: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:47 am

Even as many Singaporeans and businesses come to grips with the aftermath of Saturday morning’s flash floods, another story is raising eyebrows online.

Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao reports that one of its photographers was arrested and detained by police for one hour for taking photos of Saturday morning’s flood.

In its Saturday evening edition, the local newspaper put a photo of its photographer, with visible handcuff marks still on his wrist, and that of a policeman side by side on its front page, under a headline that said, “Photographer arrested because of taking photos”.

In a Page 5 report, the newspaper detailed how its photographer, Mr Wu Qing Shun, was detained by police for one hour before being allowed to leave.

His detention at about 7am on Saturday took place after a policeman saw him taking photos of snarling traffic and stranded vehicles along Upper Bukit Timah Road, one of the areas badly hit by Saturday morning’s floods.

After being spotted by an unidentified on-duty policeman who was mobilised to deal with the traffic situation, Mr Wu was asked to leave the scene.

However, he pleaded with the policeman to be allowed to take one more photograph.

Before he could finish talking, the policeman took out his handcuffs and placed them on his right hand. He was also told he would be brought down to a police station.

The photographer then asked, “I am not a criminal. Why are you handcuffing me?”

The policeman then brought him to the roadside and told him to wait for an investigator.

Mr Wu was only released after an hour.

Wanbao also included a police statement which said the photographer was detained for safety reasons because the policeman in question thought Mr Wu was in danger and would hurt himself while taking photos.

It was only after flood waters had subsided did he let the photographer go.

The news has sparked outrage online as many questioned why the police detained the photographer for essentially doing what was his job.

Twitter user and renowned blogger @mrbrown asked, “Was the flood in a sex scandal?”

Another @scarletscandals added, “I shall be in fear everytime I twitpic.” Twitpic refers to the process of taking a photo and posting it on Twitter.

*** RDG marshal will report anyone of taking UL peeing behind the tree ! Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    472247
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
BGLeeJohn

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:11 am

This is a "catchy" Statement ...

the policeman in question thought Mr Wu was in danger and would hurt himself while taking photos

By Handcuffing him is "SAFE" ?

What if the flood water push this reporter into the drain. Will the police be charge for murder ?
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 am

WTF is the uniform man doing....*&^%$#@
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 am

Since when did sg become a police state. to arrest someone without a proper cause in not right. i surprised at how insensible action ny police. to me,
its an abuse of power & authority.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:46 am

Calling Siko to answer our questions.....seiko korkor..... Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    472247
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 am

Like tat next time i don't dare take pictures liao...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 am

moi™ wrote:

If you dress like a girl and take photos at the ladies washroom.....than don't ! If you take RDG photos....we all LOVED you !

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    16911
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
moi™ wrote:

If you take RDG photos....we all LOVED you !

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    16911

Love me? Hancuffed me and rape me? Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    444205
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 am

You wish are !!!! Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    293276
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:58 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
You wish are !!!! Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    293276

I don't mind if it is young ladies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 am

Abuse of power!! How can anyhow handcuff people....!@$###@%$#^!!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am

Wah!!!!! Absolute rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!! ABuse of authority man!!!
Back to top Go down
LazySwinger
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
LazySwinger

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 am

Good thing the MIB didn't take out HIS GUN to shoot him. Man... that was close. Crazy craps. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 am

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    Iphone-photos-0021
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 am

Aiya,, we are living in a land with no human right... so LL lor..
Back to top Go down
redbull
redbull

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:37 am

I thought last time PUB said flood under control?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't see the need to handcuff the reporter! Handcuff is only used when confirm arresting subject.

Mr Wong should come out n apologize for this incident! but wait a moment...according to our culture here, u won't see any of them appear in front of any public events for the next two week until everyone forgets (hopefully)...
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

redbull wrote:
I thought last time PUB said flood under control?

ha ha.. this is understatement. If you pay attention to the radio, whenever there is rain, there will be a side announcement from PUB about caution on flash flood in areas. PUB is smarter now.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 pm

moi™ wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
moi™ wrote:

If you take RDG photos....we all LOVED you !

Love me? Hancuffed me and rape me? Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    444205

moi, be careful what u wish for! someone might be waiting for this opportunity... Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    16911
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:24 pm

MOI, dont need to announce yr fetish so loudly in forum la. Aiyo............
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Khorkar wrote:

ok ok...i send by pm next time.
KK, when our next game? I prefer Singapore. Kukup too far for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Btw, i can't find this news in CNA.
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 pm

moi™ wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

ok ok...i send by pm next time.
KK, when our next game? I prefer Singapore. Kukup too far for me. Very Happy

Bro,
Sure, pick a place and time... I will be there Smile. Btw, I let you know that yr Kukup partner salty, now use 7i for 160 meter shots. He drives is looooooooooooooooooooong. He is like 20-30mtrs in front of me...

Anyways, I saw the article in Yahoo...
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
pngstream

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 am

Was there something to hide?.. Question If not let ppl take photos lah...
To be handcuffed for taking pictures??
some asses need to be lubed...& confirmed it is sure not moi's... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos    Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos                                    Empty

Back to top Go down

Newspaper photographer held for taking flood photos
Page 1 of 1