Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation Empty
PostSubject: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 am

SINGAPORE : A widow plans to seek compensation for the death of her husband in a freak accident last Friday.

He was killed when the crane boom of a lorry smashed into the upper deck of the bus he was in.

Singaporeans have again opened their hearts - and wallets - to a family in need.

The late Ahmad Lispa and family were featured in MediaCorp Channel 5's "Renovaid" last year. Their flat was spruced up as part of the helping hand extended to underprivileged families.

Mr Ahmad earned less than S$800 a month as a cleaner. Two of his four children suffer from kidney problems. One of them undergoes dialysis at home for 10 hours everyday.

Madam Rokiah Atnen recalls her last conversation with him. She said: "I called him at home at about 4pm. He asked me to wait for him. My heart did not feel good. I didn't expect the accident to be so serious."

The couple had planned to meet and visit their eldest son at the Institute of Mental Health. It is understood that he still does not know that his father had died.

Police have arrested a foreign worker from a landscape management company for causing death by negligence.

Replying to media queries, SBS Transit said it visited the family a day after the accident to offer its condolences. And as a gesture of goodwill, it has extended some financial aid to the family to help them defray the funeral and living expenses.

Nearly 100 people have offered help. Some even wanted to help with medical and education expenses. Among those who cared are sisters Hazel Tan and Cheryl Tan.

Cheryl said: "I have got kids of this age, so I can imagine how she feels. So I thought whatever I can help, to ... allay her fears, her livelihood, and livelihood of her children, I will do my part. I just might come and visit her every month, see how it goes."

Hazel said: "I hope they can accept that their dad is no longer around. I believe it is very sudden for them and I hope they can cope."

Donations are also streaming in through a Facebook group. Over 3,000 have joined, with about S$7,000 collected so far. The money will be handed to the family at the end of this week.
========================================================================================

For those who want to help out this poor family, you can find the ways of contribution from this FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113528545363616#!/group.php?gid=113528545363616

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 am

ur avatar and this post cant match lah...
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 am

tiley wrote:
ur avatar and this post cant match lah...

what got to do with my avatar?
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 am

mixture feeling when reading and looking at ur avatar... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 am

tiley wrote:
mixture feeling when reading and looking at ur avatar... Embarassed

Tiley felt sad when read the post but also excited when he look right.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 am

A sad and true story indeed Sad

It also teaches us to treasure our loved one and golf kakis alike ! Thank God for all the Blessing and gifts we have everyday of our short and number life ! Neutral

SO....Slinger, ext game please give me 3-2-1 boleh ???

cheers
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm

My sympathy and heart felt sorrow to what she goes thru. Sigh.... Treasure yr love ones now!!!!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Hoowaaaahhh Seiko yr drain very the deep ah!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation   Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation Empty

Back to top Go down

Widow of man killed in freak accident plans to seek compensation
Page 1 of 1