markie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
markie
Committee
markie

I nearly got into a fight yesterday Empty
PostSubject: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 am

Was supposed to tee off 7am yesterday at Horizon Hills.
Due to the heavy downpour, we were a bit late.
So I ask my wife to go and ask the caddie to load up the golf bags while I go register.

When I came down, my wife say "next time u do yourself lah, hai me kenna scolding from someone". So I ask her what happen. She told me she approach a Indian and ask him to help load the golf bags to the buggy. The Indian reply her "why, indians cannot play golf meh"...then she say oops...sorry sorry

I go and confront the indian and ask him why u scold my wife......if she identify you wrongly as a caddies, u can just say u are not a staff here, is there a need to say such sacarstic remark....like why? Indian cannot play golf meh?.....I think it is u who has a inferiority complex....

Then his ah beng friend came over and say why, cannot meh.....who is wrong at the beginning? I say even if my wife is wrong, she has already apologise. Furthermore u as a gentleman can't even help a lady meh. Then the ah meng ask what lady? i say why, u mean my wife is not lady. He then say men and ladies are equal.....i say men should respect lady.....i then say ai forget it, wate my breath talking to this kind of ppl....wah kor, to think golf is a gentleman's game......I dun think this bunch of ppl deserve to play this game

Ok I admit I am wrong here. I ended the conversation by telling them be careful of golf balls dropping on your head....better listen out for "fore"....wah this really piss the ah beng off and he came, why need to wait, come and fight it out now lah....

If I'm 10 years younger and my wife is not with me, I will gladly do it.
But call me coward if u want, I just drove my buggy off.......
Sigh what a way to start a round
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 am

Bro, let it go la. It could have come out of worst. It could be a miscom and we let our emotion overwhelm us.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 am

Dun worry bro. The better gentleman won by not stooping down to scums.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:08 pm

yup yup... live n let live bro....
btw did u manage to get in a few fores on them? haha
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Wahlau.....you should call me ....i call my people in Pelangi area to your aids !!!! Mad

Please move on as this type of people really NO CLASS as golfer !!! Relax bro and play another day !!!

cheers

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Wahlau.....you should call me ....i call my people in Pelangi area to your aids !!!! Mad

I nearly got into a fight yesterday 16911
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Bro cool lar. just to enjoy yr game.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
bomby

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 am

cool bro... these kind of things will set the tone for the game. Just let it be..
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 am

Markie, cool man. Anyone being asked to do a caddy's job will get angry.

Imagine someone see me and ask me to load golf bag into the buggy....?? I will be angry too. I may ask " Do I look like a caddy to you?"... What a Face

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 am

A few years back, i read in the news whereby a young man was beaten up by 10 fellers. He challenged them to a fight when they disturb and whistle at the GF.

The young man ended up dead. Is it worth it? Life for ego? Not really. Markie, you did the right thing to walk away. So, you won a battle to live and enjoy life more.
Back to top Go down
kenturik
kenturik

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 am

Markie, I dun think you are much of a gentlemen too. Why do you need to approach them to dress them down, You felt superior against them or you felt a need to protect your honour. Your wife made a mistake and she is being corrected, I see no issue for you to press on.

And please do not even mention about class, cos you are just no different from them. Any game require sportsmanship, if you can think that they do not deserve to play golf, then I would say you dun either.

Your friends, members and Kakis would suggest you lay it down and forget about it. I think you should always remember this incident. If you think less of others, you are not much better yourself. I hope you do learn.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 am

Wow lau...just got back, my Mark Ko already want to flight...cool it down... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 am

kenturik wrote:
Markie, I dun think you are much of a gentlemen too. Why do you need to approach them to dress them down, You felt superior against them or you felt a need to protect your honour. Your wife made a mistake and she is being corrected, I see no issue for you to press on.

And please do not even mention about class, cos you are just no different from them. Any game require sportsmanship, if you can think that they do not deserve to play golf, then I would say you dun either.

Your friends, members and Kakis would suggest you lay it down and forget about it. I think you should always remember this incident. If you think less of others, you are not much better yourself. I hope you do learn.

Before I reply you, as a gentleman, must welcome you first to our friendly forum. Very Happy

It comes as a big surprise that Markie wanted to challenge someone for a flight...he must be boiling hot...when his wife was insulted due to a simple identity misunderstanding.

Kenturik, since this is your first post, I presumed you've not met him and his wife. If you do know them, you'll know that his wife is very demure and humble. And Markie is definitely not one who will challenge one's for a flight with no apparent reason.

I don't think 'class' is the issue here, it may be the tone, gesture & words used by that 'gentleman' that ignited the whole 'going to flight' episode.

Anyway, I believe Markie is just trying to vent his frustration by posting it up, and his intention is definitely not to belittle anyone.

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:27 am

I nearly got into a fight yesterday 358550
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:46 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I nearly got into a fight yesterday 358550

Your clap is for markie standing up for this wife... Question Question lol! I nearly got into a fight yesterday 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:49 am

I actually whacked someone on the Ballroom for banging into my Mrs and cost her to fall and bleed....he just walked off, i gather my gang and had a slowdown.....Singaporean versus Chinese !

I Love my Mrs, friends and MY NATION !!! I nearly got into a fight yesterday 970598
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I actually whacked someone on the Ballroom for banging into my Mrs and cost her to fall and bleed....he just walked off, i gather my gang and had a slowdown.....Singaporean versus Chinese !

I Love my Mrs, friends and MY NATION !!! I nearly got into a fight yesterday 970598

affraid affraid I very scare...next time see you must stand far far away.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 am

UL, the Ballroom Gangster... You don't happen to be in Pasir Ris over Halloween weekend, did you?
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:02 am

Khorkar wrote:
UL, the Ballroom Gangster... You don't happen to be in Pasir Ris over Halloween weekend, did you?

He was not there personally. But don't forget there is always mobile phone mobilisation... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Neutralgolfer wrote:

Imagine someone see me and ask me to load golf bag into the buggy....?? I will be angry too. I may ask " Do I look like a caddy to you?"... What a Face

Leon, I know my wife is wrong in the first place.
But is it neccessary to reply in such a way to a lady 'Why, Indian cannot play golf ah'
Can't he just simple reply saying sorry mamm, I'm not a staff here....
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

kenturik wrote:

Kenturik, its not I feel I am superior to them. But you are right. I feel there's a need to protect my wife. As long as someone is being disrespectful to her, I will go and fight it out with him.....its as simple as that.

To you, I may not be a gentlemen. But if I cannot even protect or stand up for my loved ones, then it will be a shame to call myself even a man. You may see no issue to press on but for me its otherwise.

Respect is earned and not demanded. Yes I think less (lowly) of these ppl cos they have no basic respect for ladies.

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Bro Kenturik, Leon,

I guess what Markie is trying to relate to us was the way that chap responded to Mrs Markie irked him

If I'm the guy approached by Mrs Markie to help load the bags, being the gentleman I am Smile I can respond," sure ma'am, happy to assist even though I'm like you, a fellow golfer as I don't work here"

or I can also say, " I don't work here, ask that staff to help u"

that will certainly get the point across to Mrs Markie, but yet maintain a level of respectability for both parties. Reading that incident, I feel the choice of words from that chap probably caused Markie to react

all Mrs Markie wants is some help to load the bags. and she thought that chap works there and can help her. there is no intention to discriminate or demonstrate superiority. Don't read too much into it

those of us who know Markie will agree with me that Markie is a nice bloke. Those who know Mrs Markie will know that she has no mean bone in her and she is a really good person. It's an unfortunate incident and should not have happened.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:57 am

markie wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

But is it neccessary to reply in such a way to a lady 'Why, Indian cannot play golf ah'

Precisely bro, there are millions of people out there, you don't expect all to respond the same way as you do, especially talking nicely when someone is being insulted. Will your wife mistake a Chinese(like you and me) or Ang Mo as caddy?? I don't think so. If your wife has the pre-conception that the Indian chap could be a caddy... is wrong. The thought of it, is already offending.

If you want people to talk nicely, first we must reflect ourselves if we have done our part by respecting the other party by asking nicely.. like "Do you work here?"..."Can you help me to load the golf bags, please?". Jumping into assumption and asking someone to carry your golf bags into the golf cart is really uncalled for. The thought has been taken as an insult, which is why the chap is responding with a sarcastic remark.

To you, it is a disrespect to your wife.... but to them... it is an insult to his race. Matters could get worst.

We have to be sensitive to race discrimination.

Markie, there are times when we must stand on right or wrong and not just becoz she is your wife and to protect her blindly. It made you a great husband but a lousy person.

You can always agree with her and say those people are bla..bla.. bla...(infront of her) but no need to confront them. This way it will show your support for her and not aggravating the matter worst. Let bygone be bygone...

No offense, just sharing my thoughts on this. Wink
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 am

pocketace wrote:
Bro Kenturik, Leon,

I guess what Markie is trying to relate to us was the way that chap responded to Mrs Markie irked him

If I'm the guy approached by Mrs Markie to help load the bags, being the gentleman I am Smile I can respond," sure ma'am, happy to assist even though I'm like you, a fellow golfer as I don't work here"

or I can also say, " I don't work here, ask that staff to help u"

that will certainly get the point across to Mrs Markie, but yet maintain a level of respectability for both parties. Reading that incident, I feel the choice of words from that chap probably caused Markie to react

all Mrs Markie wants is some help to load the bags. and she thought that chap works there and can help her. there is no intention to discriminate or demonstrate superiority. Don't read too much into it

those of us who know Markie will agree with me that Markie is a nice bloke. Those who know Mrs Markie will know that she has no mean bone in her and she is a really good person. It's an unfortunate incident and should not have happened.

Bro, I can understand your point of view as you are reading the mind of Markie.
If you read the mind of the chap, I believe you may respond differently.

I fully agree that both Mr. and Mrs. Markie are nice people. But that doesn't mean nice people don't make mistakes. When we make mistakes, we must learn to accept the fact and accept the consequences of mistake... i.e. in this case, just a sarcastic remarks... which in my opinion is nothing... just let it go... let the ego go...

Just trying to be neutral....don't kill me hor... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
markie wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

Precisely bro, there are millions of people out there, you don't expect all to respond the same way as you do, especially talking nicely when someone is being insulted. Will your wife mistake a Chinese(like you and me) or Ang Mo as caddy?? I don't think so. If your wife has the pre-conception that the Indian chap could be a caddy... is wrong. The thought of it, is already offending.

If you want people to talk nicely, first we must reflect ourselves if we have done our part by respecting the other party by asking nicely.. like "Do you work here?"..."Can you help me to load the golf bags, please?". Jumping into assumption and asking someone to carry your golf bags into the golf cart is really uncalled for. The thought has been taken as an insult, which is why the chap is responding with a sarcastic remark.

To you, it is a disrespect to your wife.... but to them... it is an insult to his race. Matters could get worst.

We have to be sensitive to race discrimination.

Markie, there are times when we must stand on right or wrong and not just becoz she is your wife and to protect her blindly. It made you a great husband but a lousy person.

You can always agree with her and say those people are bla..bla.. bla...(infront of her) but no need to confront them. This way it will show your support for her and not aggravating the matter worst. Let bygone be bygone...

No offense, just sharing my thoughts on this. Wink

Sorry for me to jump into this topic too. I do agreed with the though of Neutralgolfer. It started all with a slight miss communication and people felt hurt over the comments.

However, I also understand how Mr. Markie felt as an husband and I might also to do the same in that emotion stages.

I always believe when you been nice to other, other tend to be nice to you too (of course, I am sure there were still many a** holes out there ). If Mrs. Markie would have use words like " Excuse me, is there someone here that can help me with my bag ? " With this, perhaps, the Indian guy might not feel offended at all. If he is a gentleman, he will properly say " I do not work here but am happy to help you " .. If not, he might say " You can ask those guy over there "

However, when the Indian say " Why ? Indian guy cannot play golf ? " I guess he have been offended. Mrs. Markie did apologized for the mistake and I think it should end there.

Just my 2 cents .. I hope I did not offered anyone here ..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I nearly got into a fight yesterday   I nearly got into a fight yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

I nearly got into a fight yesterday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next