RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?

Go down 
+5
prettygolf
moi
swing2sky
RedPhoenix
AT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? Empty
PostSubject: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 pm

was wondering how it is like Question Question
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 pm

AT wrote:

It's COLD! Played in England on a public course in Esher, that day the temp was down to -2..bloody cold. Lots of people on the golf course wearing mittens, woolen caps and clothings...I was wearing light moleskin trousers, regular gloves and my friend lend me her fleece top....it was still cold! The ball will not fly well in too cold a weather and it's definitely difficult standing over the ball trying to address and swing when you're shivering .....it was really funny though! Good laugh and good experience alien alien alien
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 am

RedPhoenix wrote:
AT wrote:

It's COLD! Played in England on a public course in Esher, that day the temp was down to -2..bloody cold. Lots of people on the golf course wearing mittens, woolen caps and clothings...I was wearing light moleskin trousers, regular gloves and my friend lend me her fleece top....it was still cold! The ball will not fly well in too cold a weather and it's definitely difficult standing over the ball trying to address and swing when you're shivering .....it was really funny though! Good laugh and good experience alien alien alien

thanks, RP. it good share and i appreciated it. i like you wore like marshallow woman.. Razz
I tot of planning one in future. Shocked
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 am

RedPhoenix wrote:
AT wrote:

I heard the ball will roll from Jurong to Changi due to the icy surface:?: And the ball hardly sit on the green Question is it true Question Sista RP, thanks for sharing your experience. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 am

I always practice swing during shower without the heater on. Counted?
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 am

moi wrote:
thought u shower without the heater on after doing some special exercises in the show room. lol! rabbit
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:04 am

prettygolf wrote:
moi wrote:
thought u shower without the heater on after doing some special exercises in the show room. lol! rabbit

Sista Prettygolf, how you know...Moi secret Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Embarassed
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:04 am

prettygolf wrote:
moi wrote:

and u offer your help, rite...
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 am

tried a couple times when i stationed in beijing in the past.

didnt like it... kinda tough for me as i m more sensitive to temperature. put on skins (for cold weather) also no use...

balls fly shorter due to cooler + less humid air but if the fairway/green is flat & hardened then they can travel really far

sometimes too cold that we had to use hammer to knock down the tees - or use sand like in the olden days haha
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:20 am

swing2sky wrote:
RedPhoenix wrote:
AT wrote:

I heard the ball will roll from Jurong to Changi due to the icy surface:?: And the ball hardly sit on the green Question is it true Question Sista RP, thanks for sharing your experience. Very Happy

Well, at minus 2 degree Celsius the ground is frosted, the ball will go up and won't fly for long and then drop Sad I thought then something's wrong with my swing... pale pale Anyway, it's good experience and when I think about it, I always get a good laugh out of it!
have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? 267277 have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? 267277 have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? 267277
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:12 am

i got problems playing in cold weather countries... i can't feel my fingers...
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

AT, perhaps you can define 'cold' as anything below 18 degrees can be considered cold....all the way down to -0 and below, freezing cold Smile

For me the ideal 'cold' temp is between 15 to 25 degrees Celsius bounce
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:58 am

RedPhoenix wrote:
AT, perhaps you can define 'cold' as anything below 18 degrees can be considered cold....all the way down to -0 and below, freezing cold Smile

Below 20 degree. Very Happy

it would be interesting to find out more by myself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 am

AT wrote:
RedPhoenix wrote:

Playing in temps below 20C is really nice and comfy, if you wear the right clothes, you can play in Chiangmai during CNY and it's really nice and cool cheers cheers cheers The coolness keeps you calm and not sweaty and grumpy...always wan to hit the shot and be done with it Smile
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:10 pm

RedPhoenix wrote:
AT wrote:
RedPhoenix wrote:

Playing in temps below 20C is really nice and comfy, if you wear the right clothes, you can play in Chiangmai during CNY and it's really nice and cool cheers cheers cheers The coolness keeps you calm and not sweaty and grumpy...always wan to hit the shot and be done with it Smile

thanks RP, Smile for your valuable suggestion. will plan one next year.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:37 pm

My pleasure AT cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Played once in Awana at Genting. Does that count? At least you won't have that burning sensation of the sun hitting you in the face.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:10 am

rocky wrote:
Played once in Awana at Genting. Does that count? At least you won't have that burning sensation of the sun hitting you in the face.

Hi rocky, yes that should count as the temp there is much much cooler than Sing cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

Yeah!

But the problem about playing in Genting is the soggy ground. I was on a par 3 135m and I hit a 5 iron. Usually my 5 iron goes 145m but I reckon that the ground was soft so I clubbed up.

The ball landed dead on the green with no bounce at all! Made a huge depression on the green which had to be repaired. My drives had little roll too.

In short, the weather is much cooler up on the mountain (or 1/2 mountain, if you want to be specific), but you might get soggy grounds if it has been raining.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

moi wrote:
Moi, I do that too but while waiting for the heater to make the water hot Smile
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Tried twice
1st time is Christmas period Dec 07, play in Chiangmai highlands, I would say its cooling but not cold, prob around 20 degree

2nd time is also Christmas period Dec 09, play in Shenzhen Wind Valley, wah this is cold man, 8 degrees with wind blowing. I was only wearing normal golf attie + aSKIN......but surprising after the 1st hole, I dun feel cold anymore. I think maybe its because buggy on track and I walk more

Overall very nice exp....did not really feel much diff in distance cos I dun have much anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?   have anyone tried golfing in cold weather? Empty

Back to top Go down

have anyone tried golfing in cold weather?
Page 1 of 1