Uncle Lau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 am

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 Pic
Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) is an 18-hole golf course designed as an environmentally responsible course that blends with its natural surroundings. Located strategically some 15 minutes away from Kulai, OGCR plays to a par 72. The course is designed to allow players to play through a landscape of swaying coconut trees and local fruit trees over a gentle rolling terrain and around strategically placed fresh-water ponds and sand bunkers.
Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 Img%20banner
Unlike many of the newer course designs, OGCR is not a mere test of strength and distance, but a measure of accuracy and shot making. Designed to accommodate and reward golfers of all abilities, length and power off the tee are not the most critical elements to play well. For example the opening hole is a challenging par 5 inviting long hitters to cut the dogleg left fairway and go for the green in two. The challenge, however, will always be determined by the amount of risk a golfer wishes to take.

However, it offers players of all levels of skill an enjoyable day out on the course and in an area where the air is crisp and clean. To live up to its name, during the fruits season, golfers will be feasted with an array of local fruits to their hearts contents. No matter what your score card reads, as you stroll from the final green you will take with you a sense of pride, satisfaction and accomplishment, eagerly looking forward to your next chance to play at OGCR.

OGCR and its staff are dedicated to providing you with the ultimate in customer service. From the golf director to the cart attendant's, OGCR staffs will go out of their way to make your round of golf a pleasant and memorable experience. Come and play at OGCR. It's worth the trip and guaranteed, you'll be coming back for more.

Come everyone only rm68/S$28 !!!!

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 358550
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 am

Enjoy.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
BGLeeJohn

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:34 am

Didn't know the two flights of RDGolfers were there until the last hole.

I was about to attack the pin when i see someone familiar from afar - UL.

Great Weather - till the last hole when GOD started to play... so we got to "pack-up and head to shower room.

Nice meeting the two flights of RDGolfers whom I know some.
Great to meet SaltyDog and Benny.
Short conversation though as we need to Balik Kampong.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Thank God for another beautiful day for golf ! cheers

We started the day at 6am, driving to ORGC was very relaxing with thick plantation and quiet kampong lifestyle thruout the journey. The game kick off with well planned golf management as the course was narrow and very demanding ! The whole course was empty except one surprised flight behind us (BGLeeJohn and simon.) ! Basketball

The fairway was well kept and the green very tricky. All par 3 have to cross ponds or river, each par 3 average 150 to 190m. My partner Saltydog played 90 and i only manage to close up to him with my score of 91.

The shower was basic but that what everyone need, clean and decent. And most impressive the green fees with buggy (on Course), breakfast and lunch at Bitterguard soup restn and shared petrol. Each person only need to forked out rm100/S$43 for this trip. santa

The Old Boys Clubs Vice Chairman Uncle Soo have declared today that Orchard Golf and Country Club to be their home and training ground for 2011 ( Kukup you can continue to jio the Korean players !! WE WON"T PLAY THERE ANY MORE !! )

Myself and my own goofy team will hit ORGC very often given the course is quiet, nice drive and overall rates with my bugget !!! rm100/S$43 max per pax ! Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 358550

EVERYONE !! i STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TO PLAY IN ORGCC, IT ANOTHER GOLF PARADISE FOUND !!!

God Bless !

UL

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 701265

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
VR

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Yeah lor... My recommendation always spot on !!
UL ...Did you managed to pluck any cocconuts??..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:14 am

Found alot of coconuts but the course worker drank it dry ! Mad
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 am

So, when is ORGY game going to be held?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 am

All extreme golf i suggest to be held year end as its cooler, now it festive season so alot of kakis are busy. If you want to play in Orchard, i can arrange i bring you there. Swee bo ??

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 am

Let do some ORGY game...

I will bring some clubs...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:28 am

28 January to Orchard ??? drunken
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:30 am

Will call you to confirm.

These days, I am cutting down number of game to play, only allowing 1 game every fortnight.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:34 am

Daffu wrote:
Will call you to confirm.

These days, I am cutting down number of game to play, only allowing 1 game every fortnight.
how come cut down Question
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:38 am

Golf games are starting to be expensive, less 1 or 2 games, means more money for the pocket. Plus, I have started playing badminton and now thinking of tennis as well.

Too much of a good thing is bad...

Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
VR

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Found alot of coconuts but the course worker drank it dry ! Mad

UL...coconuts are not like golf balls...you can't
pick them.. u gonna pluck them..those on the
ground are already &$@/-"!?.... Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:20 am

Daffu wrote:
Golf games are starting to be expensive, less 1 or 2 games, means more money for the pocket. Plus, I have started playing badminton and now thinking of tennis as well.

Too much of a good thing is bad...

Hey i like Badminton, shall i form RDG Badminton Sub Club ? Hehehehehe Tiley you play Badminton or Bedminton ??? Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 300861
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 am

I prefer bed than bad. Bed is nice, bad is evil,just like u
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 am

Tiley i be send Badminton Duel Invitation to you soon.... Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 16911
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Fyi, UL said that he used to train with Hamid Khan as a doubles partner while training for national squad.

I told him my missing middle name is "Sidek". You know who I am remotely associated to.
Laughing

You know who to invite if you want to challenge badminton session, it gotto be UL. Btw, Golfchow also big fan...he also a force to be reckon with.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:15 am

Daffu please start a Sub sport club here, RDG Badminton Club. !!! Btw now i think you are in a better shape than Misbun....hmmmmm now you two look alike ....

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 G_misbun

Shocked
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Daffu please start a Sub sport club here, RDG Badminton Club. !!! Btw now i think you are in a better shape than Misbun....hmmmmm now you two look alike ....

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 G_misbun

Shocked

I think Daffu look better... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:06 am

I used to frequent OGCC long time ago.

There is a nice Bak Kut Teh shop in Kulai not to far from the club. I think the owners were some ballroom dance champions in Malaysia. There are some newspaper cuttings of them on the wall.

There is also suppose to be a very nice roast duck place in Kulai but I have not found the place yet.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 840721
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Anyone planning to Orchard GC in the coming weeks ??? Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 987518
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

No one ???? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 am

u mean next yr jan 14 right???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January    Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Orchard Golf & Country Club (OGCR) on 14 January
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next