16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

Golfman - How to break 90? Empty
PostSubject: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 pm

I want to stop playing mickey mouse golf and play to break 90? Strictly 90 and not 80. Golfman is my idol. After playing with him once, I got my motivation to play better. The man is a golfman-iac. Serious dedication and focused. Anyway, back to this thread, the purpose is to ask all the sifu here on what do i need to learn and do in the greens to consistently break 90 and below?

Last edited by Khorkar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Golfman motto - Play 5 times a week for 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Golfman latest motto : Quit your job and turn full time golfer, HC will drop pass 90 to 9 in 3 years !

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I want to break 90... Tell me how to do it not just once but consistently..
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Break 90 = practice driver, practice short game and practice putting

Mostly is short game, pitching(try to ON if ball is less than 100m), chipping(try to go near pin) and putting(try to just 1 if not 2 putts max).

lol!
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Khorkar wrote:

Play only 15holes.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Get a good coach to train you, watch what you eat, play golf and only golf ! No other activitie BUT golf. Think and talk like a golfer ! Changed your name from Khorkor to Tigers in the Woods !

Swee bo ?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm

total score card - 20 x 2 / 3 + 10 = your score
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Cannot leh, i got to keep day job to play golf... sigh.. thats the dilemma of a weekend golfer...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:05 pm

So envy weekend golfer..... Sad
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 pm

At least u weekend golfer.. I bi-yearly golfer leh....
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 pm

jazz_samz wrote:

Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm

seriously.... This malacca trip hor.. would be my second game in 2010.... then I will disappear and see you all next year..

moi wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:

Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid Golfman - How to break 90? Affraid
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm

jazz_samz wrote:
seriously.... This malacca trip hor.. would be my second game in 2010.... then I will disappear and see you all next year..

moi wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:

As long you in this forum... you are playing golf ~ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
gezt_ho

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 pm

jazz_samz wrote:

moi wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:

Disappear to where? Question
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Pebble Beach ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
gezt_ho

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:28 pm

located Question
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bro KK, I normally break 90 when play white, but I seldom break 90 when play blue (hopefully will change soon) Smile

Alright back to the topic......to break 90 from white is fairly easy. You only need 17 bogeys and a par Smile With this in mind, you must aim not to shoot more than bogey for every hole. If u play from white, all par 4s for a normal male are reachable in 3. Then u just aim for 2 putt. U see, for a par 4....if u reach in 3, that means your 3rd shot is most definitely a chip or pitch. This is where short game comes in.......practice on short game such that u can chip near the hole to allow urself a chance for 1 putt or worse 2

Secondly do not 3 putt. Most 3 putt occur because the 1st putt cock up, either too hard until it run too far or too soft until u still have a long way to go. So practice your lag putting

Thirdly, par 3 are the easiest to score par. You do not have to be on the green. But u need to be able to chip very near the hole for 2nd shot to have a par. Chipping is not diff. its only a small motion or rather a slightly bigger putting action.....so no excuse to duff. hold lightly and keep ur head still

fourthly, distance is not impt but keep the ball in play is.....a drive 160m on fairway is much better than a 200m drive in the bunker or thich rough. so aim to keep the ball relatively in play even if it means shorter distance.....for this sometimes u have to swallow some pride and tee off with iron especially if the fairway is tight

I once saw a player hit 5 irons 3 times to on a 470m par 5 and get a birdie......well for most of us, we will take a driver and then prob a wood and a wedge, but because the driver slice a bit, the wood hook a bit, end up we take a mid iron before we use a wedge........

alright i have talk a lot of cock, hopefully it helps.
remember golf is not a game of perfect, if u screw up 1 hole, forget it....tell urself alright i have gotten rid of all my bad shots, all my good shots are going to come

u will be surprise how powerful the mental side of the game is
good night, I have a 757am tee off in the morning
i will let u know whether i break 90 or not Smile
Back to top Go down
Golfiekid
Golfiekid

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

Markie kor kor,

U teach me to break 90 also can.. from white.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:55 am

Markie,

Thanks for the valuable tips will practice what you written. Its true that I fail to understand the need for course management instead went on to cheong and cock up the hole. To top it up, shortgame and putting fail to live up to expectation. Looks like i have a lot of work in front of me...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 am

Bro Markie i am trying to break 120 from white...can give advices ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 am

Aiyo...pei say...
I miss this thread....sorry hor...hehhee.........
Bro KK, I am not what you think that I am so good la....
For me, usually hving problem to break 90 la....
Will do my best to break 90 lor....swee bo....

Markie kor kor is the real player lor....
good and sharpe....swee ar.....
Tiley kor kor drive well in his driver...swee lor....
S2S played very seriously in most of his game now...Very mean lor...
Always said "ready go" even if he can go, but choose not to go, cos, want to see the putting line very clearly lor...He is the man to watch, very serious in his game...
Bro, Moi will be fun...always hving alot of fun and joke...not forgetting he is the man that got to watch out too....cos, he has been playing well in his game recently.....(Only at Kranji...... Golfman - How to break 90? 472247 )......

Well........to Break 90 as like you said....practice more at range and to understand why this and why that? do come changes in your swing if you dont mind trying something new...
But, at the course...the swing will be different.....cos, at range at field is always the different......Trust me bro KK.....

Have fun in golfing...Me end here......catch up again bro....
Swee ar..........
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Bro Markie i am trying to break 120 from white...can give advices ? Shocked

That day you shot 96 at Ponderosa not counted?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 am

Ok. I need to work harder so that I can be mentioned in your list.... Razz

GolfMan wrote:
Aiyo...pei say...
I miss this thread....sorry hor...hehhee.........
Bro KK, I am not what you think that I am so good la....
For me, usually hving problem to break 90 la....
Will do my best to break 90 lor....swee bo....

Markie kor kor is the real player lor....
good and sharpe....swee ar.....
Tiley kor kor drive well in his driver...swee lor....
S2S played very seriously in most of his game now...Very mean lor...
Always said "ready go" even if he can go, but choose not to go, cos, want to see the putting line very clearly lor...He is the man to watch, very serious in his game...
Bro, Moi will be fun...always hving alot of fun and joke...not forgetting he is the man that got to watch out too....cos, he has been playing well in his game recently.....(Only at Kranji...... Golfman - How to break 90? 472247 )......

Well........to Break 90 as like you said....practice more at range and to understand why this and why that? do come changes in your swing if you dont mind trying something new...
But, at the course...the swing will be different.....cos, at range at field is always the different......Trust me bro KK.....

Have fun in golfing...Me end here......catch up again bro....
Swee ar..........
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 am

I always face problems with putting. Cannot feel the strength needed although I try to use visualisation to aid my putting as advices by magazines. My putts in the first 9 always terok. In 18 holes.my putts are usually 3 strokes which if I can cut down to 2 for more than 9 holes. It would be an achievement. Any adice from bros n sis here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfman - How to break 90?   Golfman - How to break 90? Empty

Back to top Go down

Golfman - How to break 90?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next