Silver
glespaul
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
glespaul
glespaul

beware of long practice at te range Empty
PostSubject: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 pm

dear friend i'm anew golfer that fall in love with this sport, as a beginner * real beginner * take up lesson and also to the range practice 3-4 time a week each time 200-300 ball. lately i feel numbness in my thumb and hand so went to the doctor and been told that i have this problem call carpal tunnel syndrome. so now have to stop this great sport for the time being till recover Sad

the reason for me to post this i know everyone here r great fan of golf so dont wish anyone will get the same problem.

keep enjoy golf and all the friendship....

if u like to know more about carpal tunnel syndrome this is a link.
http://www.therapygloves.com/carpaltunnelsyndrome.html?gclid=CK-GhI6dxqYCFYYa6wodGkONHQ

goodday.
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

it is not due the "long" practice nor the number of balls hit

it is due to the technique which you had used to hit the balls
Back to top Go down
glespaul
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

thnk, well said thats y as a beginner should be more careful. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jaketang

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 pm

try to vary the practice i must say....

if noob like us, using wrong methods and pound 2-300 balls for so many times a week, it bound to cause injury....

why not try to hit like 75-100 balls with iron n drivers tht's all, u can do others like chipping, pitching, putting for the rest...

proper warm up n rest are impt too....

and learn from pro too... Smile
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 pm

go buy secret weapon - CnG only S$2 each at Daiso - improve strength in grips so that there is firmess in your grip when you strike the ball
Back to top Go down
glespaul
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Noted thanks bro, i must say is my problem of being kiasu coz at BB range have this $4 for 1 hour of ball so everytime try to hit as many i can no problem Smile . anyway thanks for all the advise.
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 pm

just hit 200 this afternoon at BB Range - about 70 shots using driver n 4-wood, 70 shots chipping and 60 shots using short and mid-irons - good work-out - CnG for S$4.30
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Silver wrote:
just hit 200 this afternoon at BB Range - about 70 shots using driver n 4-wood, 70 shots chipping and 60 shots using short and mid-irons - good work-out - CnG for S$4.30

Bro silver,
can help to post the picture of the CnG from daiso... I am curious..and at the same time very keen. I am having a little bit of numbness on my fingers. This is due to work hazards...i.e. computer for long hours.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Please rest well glespaul, we suppose to have a game after you can your HCP from BGA. Take care and God Bless !

Very Happy

PS ..I just hit 200 balls for the whole of 2010.... rabbit
Back to top Go down
glespaul
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Daffu wrote:
Silver wrote:

Bro silver,
can help to post the picture of the CnG from daiso... I am curious..and at the same time very keen. I am having a little bit of numbness on my fingers. This is due to work hazards...i.e. computer for long hours.

yes this will happen to anyone also not only golf, as i also play alot of guitar so please if u can post so i can go get one thanks.
Back to top Go down
glespaul
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Please rest well glespaul, we suppose to have a game after you can your HCP from BGA. Take care and God Bless !

Very Happy

thanks UL, will have to postpone our game Sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:42 am

Hey you play the guitar....next time must join us for gathering like BBQ 2011, we can have singing by the fire......lets practice the song ..." May The Lord Find Us Faithful " hymn ! Okay bro !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Terence29

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

Very Happy

U hitted 200 balls for the whole of 2010 but you picked 2000 balls for the whole of 2010. lol!
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 pm

no need photo - it is just a simple grip trainer - S$2 - CnG = Cheap n Good

glespaul - don't work out your grip with this yet as you would need rest and get the wrist tendons etc healed before engaging in wrist strenghtening

Daffu - which of your wrists is getting numb? left or right? is it more on the one which you drag the mouse?

for both of you - I can meet you at the range? and show you a very good exercise to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome from occuring or if you already have this condition, this exercise will alleviate the condition and if the exercise is done diligently enough, the condition will be eliminated - no drugs, no surgery - just your own effort and dedication
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Terence29 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Very Happy

U hitted 200 balls for the whole of 2010 but you picked 2000 balls for the whole of 2010. lol!

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......pass you some TM Penta... pig
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Terence29

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:57 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Terence29 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Very Happy

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......pass you some TM Penta... pig

BRIBERY!!!!

but i like.
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 am

hello there glespaul,

my advice to u is to have a complete rest. very important, let the torn ligaments or muscle heal completely.

visit your local TCM for a good massage/rub on the affected joints.

and to speed up the healing process, you can use some heating cream which is available at the pharmacy store.

i was in your position, 'long' time ago & i know how it feels like!

hope U get well soon
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

hi glespaul,

how's your wrist now?
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Die liao. I saw S2S hit 400 balls at the range the other day......
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:06 pm

i hit 200 balls at range every day. but my game is not improved. scratch Sad
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm

prettygolf wrote:

Your game not improved but your chipping is solid. Smile
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 pm

salty dog wrote:
prettygolf wrote:

my chipping is not good either. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 pm

prettygolf wrote:
salty dog wrote:
prettygolf wrote:

my chipping is not good either. Evil or Very Mad

Chip until the chipping mat also 光头了怎么可能不好? beware of long practice at te range 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:15 pm

beware of long practice at te range 560727
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:44 am

prettygolf wrote:

Must practice with the correct swing and ball striking. What people call Practice Perfect Swing...makes Perfect... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beware of long practice at te range   beware of long practice at te range Empty

Back to top Go down

beware of long practice at te range
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next