10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

Tips on playing @ Kranji course Empty
PostSubject: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Calling all Pro's, RDG all Stars and regulars,

Do you mind sharing with us, newbies, tips or guide us on how to play well on every hole of a golf course?
For example, I only played Kranji course once and for a newbie, its hard for me to play well as I have zero course management on that course. Unless, I have some tips or guidance on where to avoid the hazards, OB or etc, at least the chances of getting a respectable scores can be achieve.

By having this, I hope it will be beneficial for everyone, especially newbies who love to play this game and not to be a blur sotong, on where to drive or place the ball next time they play a game, eg. me. haha
Tips on playing @ Kranji course 192200
Lets start with ,
NSRCC Kranji
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
--
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
--
19: hmmm .. Tips on playing @ Kranji course 419885
Cheers !
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Calling Slinger.....
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Bro Edi, go and do a search at XX last Charity game. Slinger had posted a Hole by Hole on how to play it. Very informative.
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 am

Allo bang titu, thanks for the info.
How are you doing?
Tried to search for it but unsuccessfull.
Too many unrelated results.
Will try again later.

cheers !
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:08 am

Bro edi, u must ask me mah!!

It's very simple:

1. your tee shot must be long and straight.
2. your 2nd shot try to reach the green.
3. 1st putt, try to putt near it.
4. Tap it for par.
5. If 2nd shot landed just outside then chip it near the pin.
6. For fairway bunker, just aim to hit the ball back to the fairway then 3rd shot aim near pin for par.
7. For green bunker, aim near pin for par.

That's all!!

Simple right? Tips on playing @ Kranji course 560727
Back to top Go down
slinger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 am

White Tees.....

Hole 1: left OB right water, only 270-280m, left bunker at the 100m mark, just play 170m before the bunker, u will have a huge fw than take driver cheong for the hole, fw narrowed after the 100m.......u will be left with abt 100-110m to the flag, pls dun blow your 1st hole

Hole 2: 100m-130m depending on pin position. 2 left bunkers n 2 right bunkers. Huge but flat green

Hole 3: index hole, abt 360m, dog-leg left, OB left from tee to green, hazard right, long hitter (200m above) need to aim at building left of the red lolllipod, if not, sure kenna hazard. Bogey is a good score. There are too many penalties in play for this hole. Thus, managed this hole properly. Play smart.

Hole 4: 230m par4, hazard left n right, play abt 180-200m, left with a 30-50m chip to the hole, avoid right at all cost, if pin is blue, need to pay left fw so that the hole opens out for your approach, if right, u need to lob over a tall tree to get to the pin......i never cheong this hole

Hole 5: 80m par3, depending on wind, varies from SW-PW, but i always play 1 club more (swing easy), overclub still can find ball, if short ball is likely wet n gone

Hole 6: Par 5, shortest par 5. Left bunker is about 210m to clear, right bunker is about 200m to clear. Both bunkers will not trouble the long hitters. Can choose to layup before the 100m left bunker or go beyond the is bunker. Water is in play on the right after the 150m mark. Possible for 2 on for selected few. But conservative play is to play the 2nd shot before the greenside bunker on the left. Nice chipping area for 1 chip 1 putt.

Hole 7: Par 4 dog-leg right. Can take aim at the red lollipod for all hitters. There are 2 bunkers on the left, about 200m for the 1st bunker n 210m for the 2nd bunker. For the slicer, u can borrow the 8th hole fw, still can attack the green, provided not in the 8th hole bunker.

Hole 8: Par 4, abt 340m, straight hole with right bunker (200m) n left bunker (210-230m). Right bunker will not be in play for most hitters but there are trees lining the fw after the bunkers. Alternatively, slicers can still pass the right bunkers n borrowed the 7th hole fw. Just avoid bunkers n trees. There is a big front bunker protecting most of the green. If u choose not to cheong the green, can always layup right of this greenside bunker (make sure u have the right distance n not go into the bunker), there will be a nice chipping area waiting.

Hole 9: Par 5, longest par 5 of the course, right bunker abt 230m, there will be another fw bunker on the right (100m mark). Both sides of fw lined with trees. Make sure your ball on the fw to attackk the pin. Green is protected by left n right bunker. Avoid RIGHT bunker at all cost. This bunker can make u play a 10 if not careful.

Hole 10: par5, 230m to reach water cutting across the fw, right bunker need 210m to clear, if play 190m-200m, your fw will be very big, u need to get 2nd shot over the stream that cuts through the fw, if no confidence, just layup to the water....its ok

Hole 11: par4, left hazard right OB, long hitter (210m) can clear the bunker (pot-bunker) in the center of the fw, if not avoid this bunker, u cant attack the pin from this bunker

Hole 12: 250m-270m par 4, left hazard, right bunker at 100m and 50m from the pin, its your 2nd shot that is key, need to hold the green cos the green slope from front to back, most time ball land on but will roll out to the rough behind

Hole 13: par 4, 300m, straight hole. Just avoid left 3 bunkers. Slicers can borrow the 12th hole tee-box. Remember to shout FORE hor.

Hole 14: Par 3, 110-130m depending on the pin, left 2 bunkers, right 2 bunkers. Aim center is good.

Hole 15: Par 4, 360m, straight hole with trees lining the left n right fw. Green is protected by front left n right bunkers. Right bunker is a pot bunker. Huge undulating green. Need to putt well.

Hole 16: Long Par 4, 390m, straight hole, with trees lining the right, and water left is in play for the long hitters (220m). Huge green with right to left slope. Its ok to layup for this hole too.

Hole 17: Par 3, 140-160m, left water. Avoid left, right bunker abt 150m. If u mishit, miss to the right, then can chip in for birdie (happens a few times liao)

Hole 18: par 5, possible 2 on for the long hitters. From the tees, the right bunker abt 200-210m to cross, left bunker abt 220-230m to cross. Play smart. There are 2 more bunkers, left bunker at 80m n right bunker at 90m mark. Either choose to layup before or after the 2 bunkers. Green have left n right bunker protecting it. Huge green that slope upwards from the red n downwards to the blue pin positions.

PS: Take note of Hole 1, Hole 3, Hole 4, Hole 5, Hole 10, Hole 11 and Hole 12, those are the penalty holes, managed them well, then u shd be ok.......good luck hor
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 am

Swee, 3 cheers to Slinger, our RDG Star!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:18 am

Thanks bro Slinger...kopi on me ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 am

how come no one thank me? my advice also very solid mah.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 am

Seiko wrote:

Solid yes..informative..hardly...thanks anyway... 8)
Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
VR

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 am

Seiko wrote:

Seiko.. Your advice are for high hand golfers like
yourself lor.. Too simple n without complication...
not applicable to most average golfers!! Tips on playing @ Kranji course 16911
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:25 am

VR wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Seiko.. Your advice are for high hand golfers like
yourself lor.. Too simple n without complication...
not applicable to most average golfers!! Tips on playing @ Kranji course 16911

haha...i tot golf sld keep it as simple as possible!

1 tee shot, 2nd shot on the green, putt near then putt it in!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:57 am

confirm u r not golfer... i saw u 2tee shot, 5 shot on the green, putt near then putt back then putt in Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 am

Seiko wrote:

Seiko your advice got copywrite ok? YOu can get sued if you did not ask the original author of it.....hahahhaha and you surely know who you copied it from. In fact I think a lot of golfers knows where it is from. Tips on playing @ Kranji course 187888 Tips on playing @ Kranji course 437288
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks bro Slinger , You the MAN !

Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 am

tiley wrote:
confirm u r not golfer... i saw u 2tee shot, 5 shot on the green, putt near then putt back then putt in Embarassed

See UL!! this is how badly I played....5-5 from u ok right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

Spiderman wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Seiko your advice got copywrite ok? YOu can get sued if you did not ask the original author of it.....hahahhaha and you surely know who you copied it from. In fact I think a lot of golfers knows where it is from. Tips on playing @ Kranji course 187888 Tips on playing @ Kranji course 437288

hehe...i tot i'm the original!! pm me who is the author...
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 am

slinger wrote:
White Tees.....

Hole 1: left OB right water, only 270-280m, left bunker at the 100m mark, just play 170m before the bunker, u will have a huge fw than take driver cheong for the hole, fw narrowed after the 100m.......u will be left with abt 100-110m to the flag, pls dun blow your 1st hole

Hole 2: 100m-130m depending on pin position. 2 left bunkers n 2 right bunkers. Huge but flat green

Hole 3: index hole, abt 360m, dog-leg left, OB left from tee to green, hazard right, long hitter (200m above) need to aim at building left of the red lolllipod, if not, sure kenna hazard. Bogey is a good score. There are too many penalties in play for this hole. Thus, managed this hole properly. Play smart.

Hole 4: 230m par4, hazard left n right, play abt 180-200m, left with a 30-50m chip to the hole, avoid right at all cost, if pin is blue, need to pay left fw so that the hole opens out for your approach, if right, u need to lob over a tall tree to get to the pin......i never cheong this hole

Hole 5: 80m par3, depending on wind, varies from SW-PW, but i always play 1 club more (swing easy), overclub still can find ball, if short ball is likely wet n gone

Hole 6: Par 5, shortest par 5. Left bunker is about 210m to clear, right bunker is about 200m to clear. Both bunkers will not trouble the long hitters. Can choose to layup before the 100m left bunker or go beyond the is bunker. Water is in play on the right after the 150m mark. Possible for 2 on for selected few. But conservative play is to play the 2nd shot before the greenside bunker on the left. Nice chipping area for 1 chip 1 putt.

Hole 7: Par 4 dog-leg right. Can take aim at the red lollipod for all hitters. There are 2 bunkers on the left, about 200m for the 1st bunker n 210m for the 2nd bunker. For the slicer, u can borrow the 8th hole fw, still can attack the green, provided not in the 8th hole bunker.

Hole 8: Par 4, abt 340m, straight hole with right bunker (200m) n left bunker (210-230m). Right bunker will not be in play for most hitters but there are trees lining the fw after the bunkers. Alternatively, slicers can still pass the right bunkers n borrowed the 7th hole fw. Just avoid bunkers n trees. There is a big front bunker protecting most of the green. If u choose not to cheong the green, can always layup right of this greenside bunker (make sure u have the right distance n not go into the bunker), there will be a nice chipping area waiting.

Hole 9: Par 5, longest par 5 of the course, right bunker abt 230m, there will be another fw bunker on the right (100m mark). Both sides of fw lined with trees. Make sure your ball on the fw to attackk the pin. Green is protected by left n right bunker. Avoid RIGHT bunker at all cost. This bunker can make u play a 10 if not careful.

Hole 10: par5, 230m to reach water cutting across the fw, right bunker need 210m to clear, if play 190m-200m, your fw will be very big, u need to get 2nd shot over the stream that cuts through the fw, if no confidence, just layup to the water....its ok

Hole 11: par4, left hazard right OB, long hitter (210m) can clear the bunker (pot-bunker) in the center of the fw, if not avoid this bunker, u cant attack the pin from this bunker

Hole 12: 250m-270m par 4, left hazard, right bunker at 100m and 50m from the pin, its your 2nd shot that is key, need to hold the green cos the green slope from front to back, most time ball land on but will roll out to the rough behind

Hole 13: par 4, 300m, straight hole. Just avoid left 3 bunkers. Slicers can borrow the 12th hole tee-box. Remember to shout FORE hor.

Hole 14: Par 3, 110-130m depending on the pin, left 2 bunkers, right 2 bunkers. Aim center is good.

Hole 15: Par 4, 360m, straight hole with trees lining the left n right fw. Green is protected by front left n right bunkers. Right bunker is a pot bunker. Huge undulating green. Need to putt well.

Hole 16: Long Par 4, 390m, straight hole, with trees lining the right, and water left is in play for the long hitters (220m). Huge green with right to left slope. Its ok to layup for this hole too.

Hole 17: Par 3, 140-160m, left water. Avoid left, right bunker abt 150m. If u mishit, miss to the right, then can chip in for birdie (happens a few times liao)

Hole 18: par 5, possible 2 on for the long hitters. From the tees, the right bunker abt 200-210m to cross, left bunker abt 220-230m to cross. Play smart. There are 2 more bunkers, left bunker at 80m n right bunker at 90m mark. Either choose to layup before or after the 2 bunkers. Green have left n right bunker protecting it. Huge green that slope upwards from the red n downwards to the blue pin positions.

PS: Take note of Hole 1, Hole 3, Hole 4, Hole 5, Hole 10, Hole 11 and Hole 12, those are the penalty holes, managed them well, then u shd be ok.......good luck hor

Thanks bro Slinger... cheers

But I don't understand why for hole 1, you need "driver cheong for the hole" for the 2nd approach shot when to Pin only about 100-110m Question
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:03 am

Seiko wrote:
tiley wrote:

See UL!! this is how badly I played....5-5 from u ok right? Very Happy

Like slinger said...5-5..enough or not !!! Wink
Back to top Go down
slinger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:35 am

swing2sky wrote:
slinger wrote:
White Tees.....

But I don't understand why for hole 1, you need "driver cheong for the hole" for the 2nd approach shot when to Pin only about 100-110m Question

my english only sec 4 std, how come ppl dun understand.....

Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 am

slinger wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
slinger wrote:
White Tees.....

my english only sec 4 std, how come ppl dun understand.....

Exclamation

He selective reader.... see "cheong driver" only.... wahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Had a great game today & thanks to Bro Slinger ! Drinks on me bro, serious !
Gotta multiple pars & bogeys. Missed 2 birdies as Im still blur in reading breaks.
Sadly though, manage to play till 10.5 hole as 'SireN' was activated! :-(

Thanks to all !

Any field report for Nsrcc Changi !
Navy
Army
Airforce

Cheers !

Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 am

Hi all,

Questions, I only manage to play 10 holes, so how do I submit my scorecard online?

Sorry, if some of you pro's find this silly.
Just wanna get confirmations.

thanks in advance

cheers !
(such beautifull weather to play a game today!)
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 am

bro_edi wrote:
Had a great game today & thanks to Bro Slinger ! Drinks on me bro, serious !
Gotta multiple pars & bogeys. Missed 2 birdies as Im still blur in reading breaks.
Sadly though, manage to play till 10.5 hole as 'SireN' was activated! :-(

Thanks to all !

Any field report for Nsrcc Changi !
Navy
Army
Airforce

Cheers !

Changi was bright and sunny today.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 am

bro_edi wrote:
Hi all,

Questions, I only manage to play 10 holes, so how do I submit my scorecard online?

Sorry, if some of you pro's find this silly.
Just wanna get confirmations.

thanks in advance

cheers !
(such beautifull weather to play a game today!)

Very easy bro, just drop it in the score card submission box, if ok they will update 9 holes for you, if not ok, they will throw away... no worries.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on playing @ Kranji course   Tips on playing @ Kranji course Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips on playing @ Kranji course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next