15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

Thing that make you go ....Duh! Empty
PostSubject: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:25 pm

What da hell.........

-----------

Holland V radio caller sorry for taunting heartlanders

THE woman who pitted Holland Village against the heartlanders of Singapore has apologised on public radio.

She once again called 91.3FM's The Married Men on Friday morning and said that she wanted to retract her words expressed on radio in the above show, about the heartlanders of Singapore.

Known only as Samantha, she further explained that she was at a Starbucks outlet at Holland Village on Wednesday when she heard vulgarities from two men dressed in slippers and shorts.

She was ticked off by their actions and dressing and decided to call in to 91.3FM's The Married Men - on Wednesday - to rant.

It caused a stir online among netizens, and on Facebook too among friends who found links to the broadcast segment.

The show has a daily segment for Singaporeans to call in and air their grievances. Nothing is off limits as the station does not want to restrict its listeners.

Samantha began her rant about heartlanders and their alleged invasion of Holland Village.

'Oh gosh, I live in Holland Village and I just can't understand why people from the heartlands want to come here, because we people are cultured and you heartlanders are definitely not cultured.'

HEARTLANDERS

She went on to define heartlanders as people who lived in areas such as 'Ang Mo Kio, Yishun, Toa Payoh and 'the nearby Bukit Batok'.

When asked how she could tell that somebody was a heartlander, she cheekily said that heartlanders were easily identifiable. She said they had no manners, talked loudly and wore cheap clothes 'like those you buy off Bugis Street'.

One of her qualms with heartlanders was that they liked to 'shove and push' everybody. She added that some Caucasians along Orchard Road had also complained of the same thing.

91.3FM then opened the telephone lines once again and another woman, Maddy, called in to express her views.

She introduced herself as living in Bedok. To this, Samantha let out an audible 'Oh my God' in the phone exchange on radio.

The two argued for five minutes. Maddy defended heartlanders, stating that they are 'pretty much well-educated and pretty much carry themselves well'.

Samantha refused to give in and said that heartlanders needed to stay were they were.

Maddy asked her: 'Every heartlander earns their money, so why can't we go (to Holland Village)?'

To this, Samantha questioned heartlanders' ability to afford the things that people in Holland Village enjoyed, such as a bowl of laksa, which she claims is more expensive in Holland Village than in Bedok.

Deejay and host Rod Monteiro stopped the discussion due to time constraints, but that didn't stop other listeners from calling in throughout the day to express their amazement and anger at Samantha's comments. Not one caller supported Samantha and her comments in any way.

The blogosphere also reacted strongly to the stories and many outraged netizens began to attack Samantha and her opinions.

After a day of reflection, Samantha decided to make the public apology.

However, it seems that this isn't enough for some listeners, who later called in and complained about the insincerity of Samantha's apology.

Mr Monteiro admits that he was put off by Samantha's comments, but told The Straits Times Online that he did understand where she was coming from - a place of anger.

'Everybody says things they don't mean when they're angry...three hours later...they look back and ask themselves 'Did I really say that?' he added.

Last edited by Daffu on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 am

US store offers bang-up satellite TV promotion

HAMILTON (Montana) - A RADIOSHACK store in Montana is offering would-be satellite television customers more bang for their buck.

The Ravalli Republic newspaper reports customers who sign up for some Dish Network packages at RadioShack in Hamilton will receive a coupon for a pistol or shotgun and the required background check.

Those not interested in a gun get a US$50 (S$63) Pizza Hut gift card.

Store owner Steve Strand says it took some haggling to get Dish Network to go along with the promotion, but it has tripled his business since last October.

The sign outside the business reads: 'Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now, get free gun.'

RadioShack Corp released a statement on Friday that the independent dealer's offer does not follow the corporation's marketing practices and that it is in discussions with him. -- AP
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 am

I would just read and ignored this lady for it her mouth, she can blast anythings she like. Cool

It just show what kind of things going thru her head. She should spend time in olden days kampong and learn to lived with one another.....

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thing that make you go ....Duh! 48133
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

The US news is crazy....buy a satellite and get a gun.... wah lau...Faintz****

How not encourage people shooting each other....lets arm them when they buy a satellite package!!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 am

Actually US allow guns like Shot gun and hunting rifles fpor those who stay in a very remote area where police will take many hours to reach. Or city with serious crime where individual can submit to the City Mayor for protection.

Always the motive is good...but the human heart is sinful...... cheers
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:19 am

knn... wake up so early for wat???
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 am

hello...read news lor....
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:07 am

Next time, if you want to cheat......go to Mexico....
----------------

Adultery no longer a crime in Mexico

MEXICO CITY - MEXICO'S Senate has abolished a law that made cheating on a spouse an offence punishable by up to two years in prison.

Sixty-nine senators voted almost unanimously late on Thursday to 'abolish and depenalise adultery' in the penal code, with one abstention, according to a Senate document.

Under the law, a convicted adulterer could face up to two years in jail and the suspension of their civil rights for up to six years.

The vote was 'a way to condemn a crime historically construed to allow men to hold women as property,' said leftist senator Pablo Gomez during the debate.

The change already passed the lower house of the bicameral National Congress and now goes to President Felipe Calderon for his signature.

The abolished law required the adultery to be committed in the marital home and for the adulterer to be caught in the act. -- AFP
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Thing that make you go ....Duh! 560727
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:37 am

Did we just heard about Sgrean business got murdered dumped in Kedah? How about the kidnapping in JB resulting in millions of ransom?

I think we should spread the word that whatever the dude said is BS.

------------------------

DPM: Spread the word - Malaysia is a safe country

KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA Crime Prevention Foundation (MCPF) members must play their part in restoring the public's confidence on measures to safeguard the country's security.

Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who is also MCPF chairman, said members should spread the word of the dramatic reduction in crime rates to assure the public that Malaysia is a safe country.

'This effort will not only change the negative perception among the public, but also instill a crime prevention culture and achieve the nation's goal of becoming a progressive and safe country,' he said at the 18th MCPF annual general meeting at PWTC yesterday.

Mr Muhyiddin said the crime index dropped by 11 per cent while street crimes had dropped by 9 per cent from January to February this year.

He said MCPF members could help deal with the source of the issues, especially those related to social ills such as baby dumping, domestic violence, drug abuse, robberies, murder, rapes and sexual offences that went against the order of nature. -- THE STAR/ANN
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:14 am

Death is not cheap.....Duh......

----------

Malaysians snapping up burial plots as land prices soar

GEORGE TOWN - WITH land prices skyrocketing, burial plots and niches are considered sure-fire investments among Malaysians.

Blissful Memorial Park management executive Shoggy Teoh said investing in burial plots was a growing trend that made good financial sense. 'Burial plots provide a good opportunity for people to invest in freehold landed property - even a low-cost flat costs at least RM70,000 (S$29,180) these days.

'But with burial plots, you only need a minimum investment of RM30,000 and, like any other property, prices tend to rise,' he said, adding that one of their customers recently bought 12 burial plots for investment.

Blissful has memorial parks in Sungai Lembu, Bukit Mertajam, and Sungai Pasir, Sungai Petani. NV Multi Corporation Bhd chief operating officer Au Kok Huei said the company recorded monthly average sales of RM25 million with 'pre-bookings', comprising 95 per cent of business.

'Making funeral arrangements is no longer taboo. In the last 15 years, more people have become aware of the importance and practicality of making prior arrangements,' he said.

'Some parents even bring their children to Nirvana requesting burial plots for their birthdays. A large chunk of our sales comes from pre-bookings rather than actual funerals.' Mr Au said more than 70 per cent of the company's burial plots and niches were purchased by the middle-income group. -- THE STAR/ANN
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:48 am

Holland V is high class place? So she lives in Bedok and not considering herself as a heartlander. This is so strange to me.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 am

nutty88 wrote:
Holland V is high class place? So she lives in Bedok and not considering herself as a heartlander. This is so strange to me.

Bro, if i were you, i just move on...not need to get work up over such things and person. Channel your energy to golfing and how to beat UL 10000 posts......just my 2 cents worth

What a Face
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 am

Bro, I am not work up at all.

I know it will take me a long time to get to 10,000 posts and I probably won't even hit that magic number. On second thought, why do i even want to hit that number? Nothing better to do ah? Thing that make you go ....Duh! 827782
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 am

Thing that make you go ....Duh! 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 am

NSman with maid carrying his backpack sparks debate
Thing that make you go ....Duh! 400yahoo_nsman
He's in the army, but she's the one carrying the backpack.

A series of photographs making its rounds on the Internet has generated much debate about whether Gen Y soldiers in Singapore are too "soft" and "spoilt".

The photos — which were taken off Facebook and posted on The Straits Times' online portal Stomp — features a young man, fully decked out in army fatigues, with his maid trailing behind him carrying his large backpack.

The full pack the maid was carrying looks to be the newer type, which is bigger and has more compartments compared to older variations.

The contributor claimed that the photos had been taken in the area around Tanah Merah MRT.

Disgusted netizens began sharing the photos on social networking site Facebook and on online forums like hardwarezone.com.sg, triggering debate on whether the youth these days are too pampered.

Most were critical of the soldier, calling him "lazy" and "spoilt". Some even said he "tarnished the image of Singapore".

Others we more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, saying he could have been injured and needed help with his heavy backpack.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman told the paper, "The SAF takes a serious view of the conduct of its servicemen in public."

She added that the SAF is looking into the matter and will take appropriate action.

Ex-NS men and NSFs who spoke to Yahoo! Singapore held differing views on the matter.

25-year-old Kelvin Wong, who completed his army stint in 2006, said, "This photo is just ridiculous. It's hard to believe that a grown man who is supposed to be serving the nation is making his female domestic help carry his backpack."

"He's a disgrace to the army and makes Singaporean men look bad," he added.

23-year-old Karl Mak, who finished his stint in 2008, said, "He's probably a spoilt kid who had his bag carried by his maid since he was a child. I guess stuff like that is cultivated from a young age."

A former army officer who only wanted to be known as Jonathan, was more amused than disgusted.

The 28-year-old said, "When I first saw the photo, I thought it was funny. I've never come across such a scenario before and I don't think it's at all representative of our generation. In the army, we trained recruits to take responsibility for themselves."

"Anyway, it's possible he had a shoulder injury and needed help with his bag. It's not a big deal and we shouldn't generalise this to the mentality of youths these days."

UL notes:- I have no commend as i always get my maid to carry my golf bag to the carpark... Thing that make you go ....Duh! 974937
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:04 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
NSman with maid carrying his backpack sparks debate
Thing that make you go ....Duh! 400yahoo_nsman
He's in the army, but she's the one carrying the backpack.

ah kua peng.... must make him run and kiss the tree...
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
[b]
UL notes:- I have no commend as i always get my maid to carry my golf bag to the carpark... Thing that make you go ....Duh! 974937

Chey.... you are shame to us golfer.... can I share the maid to take my bag as well.... is she good as lines as well?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am

Daffu wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Chey.... you are shame to us golfer.... can I share the maid to take my bag as well.... is she good as lines as well?

Shocked 1st...you beo my DJ, Daytona and Panerai, than you bro my schools girls... [b]NOW
you even want to beo my maid !!!! I know my maid can cook great chicken wings at 2010 BBQ.... pig

Thing that make you go ....Duh! P1020489
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 pm

A white BMW that is regularly parked at a lot reserved for the disabled has raised the ire of civic-minded Singaporeans.
Thing that make you go ....Duh! 500straitstimes_carparking
The car, which is missing a handicapped label, usually hogs the only available parking space reserved for the handicapped at a carpark in Bukit Purmei HDB estate.

The driver's inconsiderate behaviour has enraged a resident so much so he alerted the district's Member of Parliament Sam Tan, reported The Sunday Times (ST).

The latter then informed the Housing & Development Board (HDB).

The driver of the BMW with licence plate number ER 61U has been identified as 34-year-old Yew Chee Heng, owner of Rich Harvest Florist & Trading. His shop is located near the carpark in question.

The HDB told the paper it is aware of the case "where an inconsiderate driver repeatedly parked his car in the reserved space for disabled drivers".

The authority has been taking enforcement action, a spokesman said.
"For recalcitrant motorists such as this case, we will intensify our enforcement action against the offender and mete out stiffer penalties," a spokeswoman said.
A check on the HDB website revealed, between 16 March to 1 April, Yew chalked up seven parking summonses, all unpaid, each with a fine of $50.
Yew declined to be interviewed when contacted by the same paper.

President of the Handicaps Welfare Association Nancy Chia said such illegal parking is "a big problem."

"If the non-disabled cannot support the disabled, then where else can we get support from?"

If someone park at any golf club committees carpark lots..... No
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:06 am

Aiyo.... ppl are just getting mad over the matter because its a BMW car. If its a Toyota...i think they dont care about it.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:14 am

The problem is HDB not taking action.

My neighbour told me that he had made report on a few occasions on a similar car but this car is with a white label (not the usual blue) which means can park at diabled lot for short while to allow the disabled to get off the car. This car has been abusing the disabled lot by parking there over night. So he called HDB to check out.

To his surprise, HDB keep insisting that the car is blue label...!!! It's either the HDB enforcement officer is blind or the car owner is his friend. At last, he has no choice but to take picture and send it to them.

Can't imagine.... white can say it's blue....
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 am

Really.....i also cannot see or tell what is a white stick or a blue stick on the course leh...how ah ??? Thing that make you go ....Duh! 16911

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:38 am

OK, remember wrongly.. it was blue and orange... but in any case... they still can't tell the difference...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:09 am

Taiwanese woman pays husband RM10K for sex Shocked

Kuala Lumpur, Apr 4 (ANI): A woman in Taiwan has revealed that she had to pay her husband about RM 10,000 to have sex with her.

According to the Nanyang Siang Pau, the woman, who is demanding a divorce from her husband, revealed to the municipal council in Taiwan that he had sex with her only three times in the last 10 years.

The woman, who brought along her 10-year-old daughter to the council, claimed that she paid to have sex with her husband on the third time, as she wanted to have a son.

"Not only does he not play his role as a husband, he also does not give us a monthly allowance. I have to support the family," the Star Online quoted the woman, who sells bean curd to support her family, as saying. She said she wanted a divorce as she could not live with her husband anymore but he insisted she wait until their daughter turned 18.

"So I had to resort to this method to force him to divorce me," she added. (ANI)

Thing that make you go ....Duh! 444205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thing that make you go ....Duh!   Thing that make you go ....Duh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thing that make you go ....Duh!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: OB! :: Off Topic discussion-
Jump to: