Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  Empty
PostSubject: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:45 am

I am a clean car freak and I used to spend 3hrs washing my car every week and another 1-2 hrs every alternate week to clay and wax my car.

However, since I got hit by the golf bug few months back, I've been neglecting my car as I can no longer find the energy and time to continue maintaining my car in the same manner.

Sparks grooming @ NSRCC Changi seems like a really convenient alternative as I can drop my car there and collect it after the game. The only downside is that they do not have any shelters to park the cars pending collection.

Nevertheless, I am considering rendering their services and would appreciate any feedback from those who've been there and done that. Please PM me if you think your remarks are too sensitive.

All feedbacks greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:49 am

I always wash and wax my Suzuki myself......you come to English Bridge ever Tuesday and Friday 6pm, i wash for you.... Laughing

I have seen many people park their cars at NSRCC to wash and wax, i am sure they will do a good job....but yours is a BMW M3...may charge more !

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  1
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:54 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I always wash and wax my Suzuki myself......you come to English Bridge ever Tuesday and Friday 6pm, i wash for you.... Laughing

I have seen many people park their cars at NSRCC to wash and wax, i am sure they will do a good job....but yours is a BMW M3...may charge more !

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  1

You may not be able to pass my washing standards. Hee... Hee...

But then again, I need to lower my standards if I am sending it to groomers. I have been doing this on my own for at least 5yrs already.

Anyway, age is also catching up with me and it is really bone breaking to fully detail the car.

I've seen some decent jobs from them but I've also seen cars, just polished and parked in the open and suddenly, it starts raining.
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:12 pm

just my feedback...

do you know that they keep the aircon at full blast and the engine running while cleaning your car?

my experience is that my air con and radio was adjusted when i collected the car. the last time i ask em to wash i jus wash external. i refused to give my key. i parked the car there and they jus wash.

i must say they are VERY detailed in washing and kudos to them. just that part abt the air con running i dun like
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Nothing to shout about... They screwed up on dewaxing of my car, and it was not forgivable for a detailed... I m surprised they survived so long. They closed down the kanji side long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
just my feedback...

do you know that they keep the aircon at full blast and the engine running while cleaning your car?

my experience is that my air con and radio was adjusted when i collected the car. the last time i ask em to wash i jus wash external. i refused to give my key. i parked the car there and they jus wash.

i must say they are VERY detailed in washing and kudos to them. just that part abt the air con running i dun like

Wa! Like that don't like already!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

kopiO wrote:
Nothing to shout about... They screwed up on dewaxing of my car, and it was not forgivable for a detailed... I m surprised they survived so long. They closed down the kanji side long time ago.

Ok. That confirms my suspicions.

The setup does look to shady.
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:34 pm

and my petrol level went down a fair bit from the air con running at full blast...

they didnt off the air con before switching off the engine.... maybe im jus like that

i always off my radio and air con before offing the engine
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
and my petrol level went down a fair bit from the air con running at full blast...

they didnt off the air con before switching off the engine.... maybe im jus like that

I am exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

den when i run my car, the air con was at full blast and radio stations adjusted..

i was infuriated...

Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
den when i run my car, the air con was at full blast and radio stations adjusted..

i was infuriated...

Normal! I would be fuming!!!!!

Thanks for the warning!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Bro kookk...come to English Bridge....after i wash my small car, i wash your....my son will be helping me too cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:53 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Bro kookk...come to English Bridge....after i wash my small car, i wash your....my son will be helping me too cyclops

Pai seh la!

Embarassed

Cannot take advatage of nice people like you and your boy.

Anyway, you got do free polishing and waxing too? Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  16911
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Kookk wrote:
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:

I am exactly the same.

Me too... Help preserve the amp, battery and starter.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Kookk wrote:
kopiO wrote:

Ok. That confirms my suspicions.

The setup does look to shady.

Setup is one thing, more importantly, is the professionalism and the detailness of the groomer that count most. My first detailer was working in one shady car park, but he is damn honest and hardworking.. And that makes the diff. My next groomer enjoys polishing, so his handiwork was good. Now, come back to one who runs your zircon while working on your car, it just speaks volume of their working altitude. Grooming 101, dun wax on a hot car. Period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback    Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback
Page 1 of 1