Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today Empty
PostSubject: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:10 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See link : http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20110610-283310.html

Good news is, from Singapore to Desaru, it will now take only 1 hour. Previously it would take 2 hours or more, going via Kota Tinggi.
Bad news is : Desaru Golf & Country Club, once a popular weekend course for many Singaporeans, have been closed since April last year. Desaru has been one of my favourite rustic golf courses.

There is still the Sebana Golf Resort though. It was undergoing extensive renovation last year and is now ready for play again.

Anyone interested to join me next Wednesday to play Sebana, and test the speed traps of this expressway? It will be toll-free for a month before they start charging motorists from July 10.

Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

last time go sebana must take boat... now no need liao???
go fm where har??? causeway or 2nd link???
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

Bro freedrop please go and play and give us a full field report...thanks ! Basketball
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 am

From Causeway, drive to Ulu Tiram, before the town, you can see the Expressway sign.

From 2nd Link, you need to go towards Senai airport direction and follow the sign that says going to Desaru.

The Expressway is E22, just follow E22 and you will be OK.

See map below : http://www.sde.com.my/The-Map.html

BTW, Sebana 18-hole fee is RM125 inclusive green fee, buggy, insurance and mineral water.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:57 pm

I heard u can take ferry direct into sebana golf club, and alight with your golf bag... Is the ferry fee included in the green fee?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:12 am

kopiO wrote:
I heard u can take ferry direct into sebana golf club, and alight with your golf bag... Is the ferry fee included in the green fee?

No. Golf and ferry are separate operations.

Ferry does not take you to the golf club. At ferry terminal, you still need a mini bus to transfer you to golf club, and return. I think if you book Sebana golf, they will fetch you FOC between golf course and ferry terminal.

Ferry does not give you the freedom of movement upon landing, and it costs S$32 return pp. So if you have 4 balls, better drive, and you can move around for other activities, healthy or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today
Page 1 of 1