rocky
faiek
leekengchong
9 posters
AuthorMessage
leekengchong
leekengchong

What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 Empty
PostSubject: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 am

Hi , To all Red dot Golfers and Senior,
Im Kengchong From The Legends Golf And COuntry Resort,

2011 was almost over already ...is the time we look for a good golf rate at year 2012... cheers

sincerely , i need you all to give me advice bout the / Promo/ Improvement that we need to do in Year 2012. cheers

ur kindly advised is really appreaciated!!! afro

Happy new Year 2012!!!!Have a nice Golfing Year onward!!!! What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 69365 What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 104547

Back to top Go down
faiek
Established Member
Established Member
faiek

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:08 am

Hi leekengchong,

I played at Legends a few weeks ago and I have to say that the course was in very bad condition. Greens were like putting on fairway; the fairway was very patchy with some areas like playing on bare ground. I personally think Legends is a nice challenging course but in need of desperate repair and maintenance.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Ken!!! Good to see you again!

Well, a good price would be 100RM everything. Easy to calculate also, right? Smile
No matter how bad the greens are, Legends will always be my fav course!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:25 am

faiek wrote:
Hi leekengchong,

I played at Legends a few weeks ago and I have to say that the course was in very bad condition. Greens were like putting on fairway; the fairway was very patchy with some areas like playing on bare ground. I personally think Legends is a nice challenging course but in need of desperate repair and maintenance.

Hi sir, thanks for ur advise!
may i know in which course?
all the the 3 course?or certain holes only???
thanks for ur feed back sir, have a nice day!!
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 am

rocky wrote:
Ken!!! Good to see you again!

Well, a good price would be 100RM everything. Easy to calculate also, right? Smile
No matter how bad the greens are, Legends will always be my fav course!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1)if i include Caddy inside the package, but my total caddy only 33
2)If i include Lunch inside , people say outside eat better.

think Golf and Food and Caddy should be divided out and give the best rate of 2012.

* or Do some royalty programme like come ten times free one times.

anyway thanks for ur advised, next time find me lim tea leh,,,,,, Razz
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:50 am

Lee,
Pardon my views, if the green condition does improve, the rates/margin cannot get better. I would advocate better maintenance and slow you can improve you rates beyond rm100. If not, it will be like Kukup....a no man's land...
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:32 am

Daffu wrote:
Lee,
Pardon my views, if the green condition does improve, the rates/margin cannot get better. I would advocate better maintenance and slow you can improve you rates beyond rm100. If not, it will be like Kukup....a no man's land...

thanks for ur advice.....Daffu...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:54 am

As a businessman to maintain a golf course with raising fuel price and labour, the club must have enough to cover and to make profit. If no profit must as well make the golf course into a Palm tree Plantation. But the main problem lie in this factor..

* Low usage on weekday except afternoon

* Over subscribe on weekend

* Raising cost of fuel and labour

My humble suggestion to this is...

* Low usage on weekday except afternoon / Unbeatable rates so that golfer from LionCity will flock to Legend everyday to play like senior cheap rate day, ladies Morning, Couple day, thus covering the weekdays blue. But limit to morning last teetime. Afternoon member will be playing. Suggest rate in the morning RM90max (that what everyone pays in NSRCC)

* Over subscribe on weekend / Members came 1st before outsider, this is to please the member and thus can increase monthly subscription.

* Raising cost of fuel and labour / Engage a third party profession company or auditing firm to look into the cost of the club etc and thus the Big Boss can have a better view on his property

Other suggestion is to open the swimming pool, horse riding to members in the afternoon, offer Golf Pro to teach at promotional rates, Golf camp, even Guest monthly medals....

This is my 2cents worth Cool

cheers

Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
As a businessman to maintain a golf course with raising fuel price and labour, the club must have enough to cover and to make profit. If no profit must as well make the golf course into a Palm tree Plantation. But the main problem lie in this factor..

* Low usage on weekday except afternoon / Unbeatable rates so that golfer from LionCity will flock to Legend everyday to play like senior cheap rate day, ladies Morning, Couple day, thus covering the weekdays blue. But limit to morning last teetime. Afternoon member will be playing. Suggest rate in the morning RM90max (that what everyone pays in NSRCC)

* Over subscribe on weekend / Members came 1st before outsider, this is to please the member and thus can increase monthly subscription.

* Raising cost of fuel and labour / Engage a third party profession company or auditing firm to look into the cost of the club etc and thus the Big Boss can have a better view on his property

Other suggestion is to open the swimming pool, horse riding to members in the afternoon, offer Golf Pro to teach at promotional rates, Golf camp, even Guest monthly medals....

cheers

Hi Uncle Lau,
thanks for ur kindly advised..Milion Thanks!!!! cheers

these advise is worth A Thousand Milion to us....
from the view of Club house and also the golfer!!!

please come visit my golf course....treat u a good good meal!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 am

leekengchong wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

cheers

Hi Uncle Lau,
thanks for ur kindly advised..Milion Thanks!!!! cheers

these advise is worth A Thousand Milion to us....
from the view of Club house and also the golfer!!!

please come visit my golf course....treat u a good good meal!!! Smile

Woooohoooo...calling Captain Silver....over over !!! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 am

it's been been many years since I last played at Legends

let's fix a date
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:45 am

Captain....it's your call ! Over ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 am

please drop me a email if u all got interest to play in The Legends: cheers
kengchong@legends-resort.com

or u can use ur smartphone to Whatapps, Line , Viber , Talkbox to me]
+6016 7135200 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marco
Marco

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:28 am

Been playing Legends very regularly. I like the course very much due to its exclusiveness of every of its 27 holes. Course condition sometimes very bad but sometimes acceptable, but I still like playing there. Any news on the Gary Player course supposedly 4th 9 hole on your website? Is it coming up or no more already?

In order to attract more S'pore golfers as Legends is considered far from Singapore compared to other courses in JB, you can consider offering attractive rates like:

Weekend AM rate to be rm180 and Weekend PM rate to be rm90?
Weekday AM/PM rate to be rm75?

The above would beat almost all the rates of other courses around your area, except for Orchard.

As Legends is quite a distance from S'pore, offering an extra 9 holes package at prices like rm50 on weekends and rm35 on weekdays would be reasonable and ppl who come a long way may want to play more than 18h. And remove the restriction of the extra 9 holes to start at anytime instead of only after 3pm.

Hope I am not asking for too much. Embarassed But nevertheless, I will continue to support playing in Legends if rates are competitive. Going there next weekend again. Seeya!!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Welcome Marco ! thanks for sharing ! Do join us for chat or games, are you a NSRCC member ?? Very Happy

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marco
Marco

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 am

Thank you UL. Me not NSRCC member. Hope to join u all for some games soon!! Razz
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome Marco, there are many bros and sistas here who play different courses. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am

Marco wrote:
Been playing Legends very regularly. I like the course very much due to its exclusiveness of every of its 27 holes. Course condition sometimes very bad but sometimes acceptable, but I still like playing there. Any news on the Gary Player course supposedly 4th 9 hole on your website? Is it coming up or no more already?

In order to attract more S'pore golfers as Legends is considered far from Singapore compared to other courses in JB, you can consider offering attractive rates like:

Weekend AM rate to be rm180 and Weekend PM rate to be rm90?
Weekday AM/PM rate to be rm75?

The above would beat almost all the rates of other courses around your area, except for Orchard.

As Legends is quite a distance from S'pore, offering an extra 9 holes package at prices like rm50 on weekends and rm35 on weekdays would be reasonable and ppl who come a long way may want to play more than 18h. And remove the restriction of the extra 9 holes to start at anytime instead of only after 3pm.

Hope I am not asking for too much. Embarassed But nevertheless, I will continue to support playing in Legends if rates are competitive. Going there next weekend again. Seeya!!

Cheers

Hi Marco,

thanks for ur precious feedback
i will bring ur view of the price to our meeting!!

milion Thanks !!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benny,wish

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 am

Reddotgolfers has a sizable pool or players.

Course maintenance a priority.

Transport has always been a major problem for golfers.

So far, no Johor Resort / Course direct offer, there are private 3rd party (expensive), round-trip golf value-for-money get-away for weekdays, which has low usage, low revenue.

Liken to golf in Batam or Bintan. Fuzz free and relax n easy including passport concept.

The cost of (Malaysian) mini-bus transporting (rental, fuel, labor) Singaporean golf pool should be much lower as compared to Singapore. Dedicate 2 pick-up points, Bishan Driving Range and Executive, should improve convenience and also along-the-way heading to Causeway.

The math is pretty simple BUT keep the bus small and increase frequency. The question is profit. There can never be enough.

Poresia weekday RM88 and RM99 inclusive of lunch (exclude tax) and next-play RM10 voucher model is exemplary BUT can be better with transport offered.

Remember, there is a pool of silver Tsunami growing in Singapore. They are likely to have time but felt driving up to Legends unsafe, far and tiring after play.

Not to mentioned so many active members in this forum.

Palm Resort offer RM65 for senior w/o lunch, transport.

F&B, model reference Palm Resort, Palm Villa. Simple set menu and value fruit juices / beer to de-hydrate.

Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:29 am

benny,wish wrote:
Reddotgolfers has a sizable pool or players.

Course maintenance a priority.

Transport has always been a major problem for golfers.

So far, no Johor Resort / Course direct offer, there are private 3rd party (expensive), round-trip golf value-for-money get-away for weekdays, which has low usage, low revenue.

Liken to golf in Batam or Bintan. Fuzz free and relax n easy including passport concept.

The cost of (Malaysian) mini-bus transporting (rental, fuel, labor) Singaporean golf pool should be much lower as compared to Singapore. Dedicate 2 pick-up points, Bishan Driving Range and Executive, should improve convenience and also along-the-way heading to Causeway.

The math is pretty simple BUT keep the bus small and increase frequency. The question is profit. There can never be enough.

Poresia weekday RM88 and RM99 inclusive of lunch (exclude tax) and next-play RM10 voucher model is exemplary BUT can be better with transport offered.

Remember, there is a pool of silver Tsunami growing in Singapore. They are likely to have time but felt driving up to Legends unsafe, far and tiring after play.

Not to mentioned so many active members in this forum.

Palm Resort offer RM65 for senior w/o lunch, transport.

F&B, model reference Palm Resort, Palm Villa. Simple set menu and value fruit juices / beer to de-hydrate.

Hi benny ,
Thanks for ur Advised!!
Really appreciated it !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Lee,

Thanks for arrange a game on behalf of douglas, anne, kelvin and myself. We played Palm and Hill.

I thought I give my feedback. I thought the fairways are pretty good, neatly done but a bit soft. Partly due the past rainy season. The bunkers needs a bit more improvement as there is too many pebbles, still it playable. Suggest compliments between soft white sand on some holes and and clay sand to be on the others. Neverthless, pebbles needs to cleared before its tossed in and more quantity of sand.

The putting greens were very bouncy and a lot of bumps. The green is speed is about 7ish, so you probably need to advice maintenance to cut it trimmer to improve the speed.

Overall, we had a good time. Its still a good course and it still has the appeal for long drives and reward those who plays well.
Back to top Go down
leekengchong
leekengchong

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 am

Daffu wrote:
Lee,

Thanks for arrange a game on behalf of douglas, anne, kelvin and myself. We played Palm and Hill.

I thought I give my feedback. I thought the fairways are pretty good, neatly done but a bit soft. Partly due the past rainy season. The bunkers needs a bit more improvement as there is too many pebbles, still it playable. Suggest compliments between soft white sand on some holes and and clay sand to be on the others. Neverthless, pebbles needs to cleared before its tossed in and more quantity of sand.

The putting greens were very bouncy and a lot of bumps. The green is speed is about 7ish, so you probably need to advice maintenance to cut it trimmer to improve the speed.

Overall, we had a good time. Its still a good course and it still has the appeal for long drives and reward those who plays well.

Hi Daffu ,
thanks for ur feedback......
Btw , next time if u come with my dear Anne and Douglas please inform me, so that we can have a good drink and foods after the games... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012   What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your Ideal Golf Rate at 2012
Page 1 of 1