RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?

Go down 
+18
Silver
EastWood
moi
pocketace
s-killer
GolfMan
qispiker
Golfernam
markie
jeremykoh
YC.Low
jaketang
Kookk
Seiko
prettygolf
Uncle Lau
Neutralgolfer
swing2sky
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:46 am

The reason I start this post is very simple. Yesterday, Y.C Low suggested that all of us play level. A little background of all the players.

At the recent RDG game at Warren, qispiker returned the lowest stroke play score among all of us at 85. I think Markie came back 86 or 87. Both are winners on stage. I believe Y.C shoot in the region of 87-88. Where as for myself, should be around 90 with 2 lucky birdies. Imagine my score without the birds.

After the game, Markie changed his weapons. After a few rounds, he mentioned that his new weapon is even more sharper and longer that his previous set.

All of us know that qispiker is a former national sport player who is trained in sport psychology will soar even higher under pressure.

For those who played with Y.C Low, he has always been a 80s player trying to break into the 70s. Even though with the lack of practice and play time, his recent game in warren reaffirmed that his status as a 80s player.

Among the above 3 players, I'm the weakest. My score can fluctuated from high 80 to low 100. Another words, the most inconsistent player. You can check my hcp on SGA to prove that I'm telling nothing but the truth.

So who do you think will win and the reason if a game is held next week?

Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 am

Not accurate leh, you played 89 with 2 birdies.... buaya...
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:

Bro, I said around 90 mah.. Very Happy

Tell us your views. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 am

Play matchplay, your birdies will definitely win them 2 holes already, not forgetting your pars. If you play safety game, not to blow more than bogey, I would say it is still half fight lah.

Markie - Not a long hitter but very sharp short game player, best game is 77
YC - Driver average, good iron and short game player but not as consistent as he used to be, sometimes some wild shots
Qispiker - Long hitter, average iron and short game player. If his long game is wild, can be disastrous
S2S - Average 210-220 drive, good iron and short game player.

It is a close fight, the loser will be the one who made most mistakes.

Just my observations. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 am

swing2sky wrote:
The reason I start this post is very simple. Yesterday, Y.C Low suggested that all of us play level. A little background of all the players.

At the recent RDG game at Warren, qispiker returned the lowest stroke play score among all of us at 85. I think Markie came back 86 or 87. Both are winners on stage. I believe Y.C shoot in the region of 87-88. Where as for myself, should be around 90 with 2 lucky birdies. Imagine my score without the birds.

After the game, Markie changed his weapons. After a few rounds, he mentioned that his new weapon is even more sharper and longer that his previous set.

All of us know that qispiker is a former national sport player who is trained in sport psychology will soar even higher under pressure.

For those who played with Y.C Low, he has always been a 80s player trying to break into the 70s. Even though with the lack of practice and play time, his recent game in warren reaffirmed that his status as a 80s player.

Among the above 3 players, I'm the weakest. My score can fluctuated from high 80 to low 100. Another words, the most inconsistent player. You can check my hcp on SGA to prove that I'm telling nothing but the truth.

I organised a SICC Sime or Island cow grass walking course to test all; aspect of the players.....ai ma ??? cheers
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:15 am

U are the member of SICC. Now sibei haolian. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 am

They are all NSRCC members paying $35+ for a round, but you ask them to pay $100+???
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 am

prettygolf wrote:

No lah...already told you the last time when we...er.....you know already lah ! Cool
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 am

swing2sky wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

Bro, I said around 90 mah.. Very Happy

Why their score is exact, your score must inflate to 90s? scratch

Buaya lah.... lol!
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 am

[quote="Uncle Lau"]
prettygolf wrote:

No lah...already told you the last time when we...er.....you know already lah !

I know u play at SICC frequently. affraid
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 am

[quote="prettygolf"]
Uncle Lau wrote:
prettygolf wrote:

No lah...already told you the last time when we...er.....you know already lah !

I know u play at SICC frequently. affraid

I can bring you if you wish.....but my group all old old hor... cheers
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 am

IMHO, play level is fair since all of you standard is abt the same.

I knew that bro qispiker has improved tremendously and so is bro S2S! i had played with bro markie and tiley before. Bro Markie ball flight will goes further and straighter depends on the bet. Bro Tiley is slowly finding back his form.

To pick a winner, Markie win my vote for his consistency.
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 am

If put Seiko or GetzHo in there, all 4 no chance. Wahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jaketang

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:39 am

S2S sure win la....

he been training n playing so often recently... golf is about who play more often n train harder......

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Play matchplay, your birdies will definitely win them 2 holes already, not forgetting your pars. If you play safety game, not to blow more than bogey, I would say it is still half fight lah.

Markie - Not a long hitter but very sharp short game player, best game is 77
YC - Driver average, good iron and short game player but not as consistent as he used to be, sometimes some wild shots
Qispiker - Long hitter, average iron and short game player. If his long game is wild, can be disastrous
S2S - Average 210-220 drive, good iron and short game player.

It is a close fight, the loser will be the one who made most mistakes.

Just my observations. Very Happy

I agree with your observation. The one who made the most mistakes will be the loser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:50 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
swing2sky wrote:

I organised a SICC Sime or Island cow grass walking course to test all; aspect of the players.....ai ma ??? cheers

Good ideas... Very Happy Though we can pay cheaper in NSRCC.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am

Seiko wrote:
IMHO, play level is fair since all of you standard is abt the same.

I knew that bro qispiker has improved tremendously and so is bro S2S! i had played with bro markie and tiley before. Bro Markie ball flight will goes further and straighter depends on the bet. Bro Tiley is slowly finding back his form.

To pick a winner, Markie win my vote for his consistency.

You're right, I've never win Markie in both stroke and match play.. Sad Sad Sad He's the most consistent player in the group.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am

Kookk wrote:

Fully agreed... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 am

jaketang wrote:
S2S sure win la....

he been training n playing so often recently... golf is about who play more often n train harder......

Bro, thanks for seeing me so 'upz'.... Very Happy

I train and play often just to play catch up game with them... Sad

Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:12 am

Wow ... I like I like. Is good time test our standard
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jeremykoh

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 am

my frank opinion , all standard about the same. just that all cannot lose.. so started asking for strokes. I would say all have equal chance and the winner will be the one that can keep cool and control his mental . in match play we dun care what score you play . so S2S stop giving excuse of playing high scores.. we shall all wait fir the field report for this game..

When will it be ? ?
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 am

I would say everybody have an equal chance. Match play is very diff from stroke play. U can decide how to play depending on how ur opponent react. Score is not impt. But in our case, it's a bit diff cos we are playing match play against everyone in the flight.

I have played with all 3 players a few times.

Tiley - strong iron shot. Above ave drive. When on form, scary

S2s - ave all round game. All aspects improving. Plus having lots of games and practice. Likely the one that will win

Qispiker - long hitter with good iron shots. This is his adv. But if driving is not on song that day, he may struggle

Myself - just got new driver, iron and putter. Si far only played twice with them with zero range practice. No time to go range. Play a round once ever 2 weeks. Mostly likely the worst of the lot
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 am

Myself - just got new driver, iron and putter. Si far only played twice with them with zero range practice. No time to go range. Play a round once ever 2 weeks. Mostly likely the worst of the lot

This type of player is most scary,I'll bet on u...my black horse cheers
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:55 am

Kookk wrote:

This one is goes without saying. cheers
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 am

swing2sky wrote:
jaketang wrote:
S2S sure win la....

Bro, thanks for seeing me so 'upz'.... Very Happy

I train and play often just to play catch up game with them... Sad

This is call talk cxxk!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?   Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will win if there is a match play challenge now between Markie, Y.C Low, qispiker, S2S?
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next