rocky
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:54 pm

So the Rock was out with the Mrs golfing on a nice Sunday afternoon. And here would like the folks to comment: what do you think of this? $85 for a 2 ball game on cow grass, untrimmed greens, no shower facilities, no air gun to hose off the mud and dirt.

Would you play? Would you pay?

Food for thought, peeps. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I won't play and pay for this type of course,co's I like to wear nice nice to golf at nice course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Golfernam wrote:
I won't play and pay for this type of course,co's I like to wear nice nice to golf at nice course Very Happy

Sleep
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm

golfernam: this is a good course for short game practice leh.. and when I was a beginner I used to come here to slog it out with some friends. There's some good memories here leh...
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Golfernam wrote:

Sleep
Err...would you UL pay for a course that u can't found any used balls What do you think? 16911
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:56 pm

rocky wrote:
golfernam: this is a good course for short game practice leh.. and when I was a beginner I used to come here to slog it out with some friends. There's some good memories here leh...
So Bro rocky...where that memories course?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Golfernam wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Golfernam wrote:

Sleep
Err...would you UL pay for a course that u can't found any used balls What do you think? 16911

Laughing
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
zephyr_bloom

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:20 pm

mandai exec?
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 am

BUt the price seem quite steep... NSRCC par 3 $15+ with shower and air gun to wash your shoes. I can play 3 rounds at NSRCC par 3... What do you think? 987518
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 am

Golfernam wrote:
rocky wrote:

Do you know there's a golf course near Orchard? Smile Of course, I do not mean the Istana Golf Club. Razz
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:29 am

Bro ed: That's why I feel ripped off...
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 am

rocky wrote:
Golfernam wrote:
rocky wrote:

Do you know there's a golf course near Orchard? Smile Of course, I do not mean the Istana Golf Club. Razz

I know there a 9 hole with cow grass course next to Plaze Singpura...err,but it a big fukc working down there...wow,Bro really you can golf down there,last time Lee Ah Yew use to golf down there wan. Shocked
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am

golfernam: No lah... not that one lah... that course does not have cow grass. I know the papers ran a story of a Malay encik who worked there as a course maintenance. He is not a grass cutter, he is a course manicurer (if you can use that term). The greens on that course are better than most of the pretigious courses in Singapore - not that you wouldn't expect.

This course that I am talking about is nearer to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, just opposite the main entrance to Botanic Gardens. It's used to be called Tanglin Golf Club but I don't know if they use that name now.
Back to top Go down
nix
Established Member
Established Member
nix

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 am

wah! It is so expensive to play there now. Last time it is managed by JAG foundation (The First Tee) until Singapore Sports Council gave the rights to operate to a different operator in Jan 2012.

So sad, my daughter has to stop her golf lesson since then......
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 am

rocky wrote:
golfernam: No lah... not that one lah... that course does not have cow grass. I know the papers ran a story of a Malay encik who worked there as a course maintenance. He is not a grass cutter, he is a course manicurer (if you can use that term). The greens on that course are better than most of the pretigious courses in Singapore - not that you wouldn't expect.

This course that I am talking about is nearer to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, just opposite the main entrance to Botanic Gardens. It's used to be called Tanglin Golf Club but I don't know if they use that name now.

You mean that Tanglin Golf...i remember i played there with only a 7i, PW and a putter, if saltydog goes there, he will bring a putter only. I have not played there for donkey years. Next time please come to NSRCC par 3, only 30pax. Full golf course facilities plus catching many RDG celebrities golfers ...

It's okay to pay for a memories once a while.

I will not go back there again as after i found NSRCC and....somewhere along Thomson Road....golfing is 2nd home... sunny

Just my 2cents worth pig
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 am

nix: my sentiments exactly. Do you know which operator they gave it to? MyGolfKaki, aka NTUC. Smile

Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
rocky wrote:

You mean that Tanglin Golf...i remember i played there with only a 7i, PW and a putter, if saltydog goes there, he will bring a putter only. I have not played there for donkey years. Next time please come to NSRCC par 3, only 30pax. Full golf course facilities plus catching many RDG celebrities golfers ...

It's okay to pay for a memories once a while.

I will not go back there again as after i found NSRCC and....somewhere along Thomson Road....golfing is 2nd home... sunny

Just my 2cents worth pig

UL, I am not as fortunate as you to be a member at SI. My pay only allow me to play at Mickey Mouse courses such as these, and also JB.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 am

Hahahaha you are too modest bro, you will get there one day bro, we just need to see what is important in our life 1st. Golfing can wait and also can also source for good lobang once a while. Very Happy

If i were you, NSRCC is the and only choice for you and your family to play golf and to enjoy full country club facilities...really no horse run ! Idea

Once a member in NSRCC, you can golf on weekday, weekend and best of all, your Mrs and children can enjoy golfing with you.

Think about it ! bounce
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 am

Rocky, as a Singaporean, suggest you join us in NSRCC too. $4480 for full term 5 year membership, can pay by interest free installment and add only $15 monthly for family members. Plus lots of kakis you can play with, any time, any day.

Join us!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
nix
Established Member
Established Member
nix

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 am

Rocky: I think it is NTUC if i don't remember wrongly. The course fee was not this expensive when it is under Jag management.

I am now looking for a coach for my daughter. Maybe I will go to warren. Saw a few kids having lesson there.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 am

nix: yes, now it managed under mygolfkaki. You could look at Mandai as an option too. Smile

UL, NG: $5000 over 5 years, but this is only for weekday golfing. Moreover, have to fight with so many people and join flight and things like that. Not really the type that I would like to commit my time to... but anyway thanks for the rec.

Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jaketang

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am

rocky, 5k is for weekend n weekday

weekdays only i think ard 2k for 5 yrs....
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks, Jake. But still it's not the kind of commitment for me leh... btw anyone know if the 5k can transfer or not?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Hahahaha you are too modest bro, you will get there one day bro, we just need to see what is important in our life 1st. Golfing can wait and also can also source for good lobang once a while. Very Happy

If i were you, NSRCC is the and only choice for you and your family to play golf and to enjoy full country club facilities...really no horse run ! Idea

Once a member in NSRCC, you can golf on weekday, weekend and best of all, your Mrs and children can enjoy golfing with you.

Think about it ! bounce

Wah! UL, and you said your pay is only $70/day. I think $70/hour (at least) more likely). I can only dream of SICC. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

rocky wrote:
Thanks, Jake. But still it's not the kind of commitment for me leh... btw anyone know if the 5k can transfer or not?

Membership Non Transferable, but maybe able to convert to basic (weekday)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: