Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport Empty
PostSubject: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:32 am

By Jay Busbee/ Devil Ball Golf

What is it with golf and alligators? You never hear about a gator attacking, say, a basketball player, but it seems every spring we get a story or two about golfers and gators coming together, and not for a friendly round. Just weeks after we had the infamous battle of Caddie vs. Gator, won by the caddie, the gators very nearly had their revenge.

The scene: Florida (of course). Albert Miller, a 75-year-old golfer, was playing the Lake Ashton Golf & Country Club in Lake Wales. And, as golfers are wont to do, he put a shot into shallow water at the 15th hole. He ambled over to the pond, spotted his ball, reached in to grab it and suddenly HOLY CRAP THERE'S A GATOR LEAPING OUT OF THE WATER AND BITING ME! (Not a direct quote.)
Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport C0501gator
The gator chomped down on Miller's left knee and tried to drag him into the water. Miller's playing partners held on to his arms, though apparently none pulled an Elin Woods and took a golf club to the gator's skull. Still, good news: "He let me go," Miller said. "I was three feet from my life. He had me submerged up to my belt buckle. That was my miracle of the month."

Think about that for a second. One moment, you're standing at the edge of an idyllic pond; the next, you're instants away from being gator food. Never know what the day's going to bring, do you?

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission captured the alligator, which was nine-feet long (!) and weighed an estimated 190 pounds. Miller required 40 stitches to close the cuts in his knee, and faces a long and painful rehabilitation. But at least he's around to schedule his next round.

So, yeah, next time somebody says golf's not a contact sport, invite them to play a few holes along a Florida waterway.

Singapore course no alligator or crocodile....the pond in all golf courses too toxic for them. Buayas are found roaming the golf courses and the range. Only old retired golfer pick balls because the numbers of balls found are so much lower than a 4 holes score tongue
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:39 am

In golf, we are more scared of the 2-legged ones. pale
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:42 am

TDO wrote:
In golf, we are more scared of the 2-legged ones. pale

Spot on...especially those who don't play golf than games time sapu everything, or those who claim to be social players but hit the range everyday and even take on better players....

I speak from my own experience. Cool
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:25 am

Cannot name them here hor? Question Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport 68829
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:29 am

TDO wrote:
Cannot name them here hor? Question Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport 68829

Can, just be careful when you walk into a golf club...

Uncle Lau / ball picker on two feet.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:41 am

Ok, will take note when walking into golf club. Laughing

Going out for appointment now. Play computer with you later, if got time. Hee! hee! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport   Gator bites golfer, reminds us golf is a dangerous and deadly sport Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1