RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?

Go down 
+3
TDO
Uncle Lau
Daffu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:16 pm

I guess getting T-shirt is pretty common huh? Most golfers would probably like a whole cupboard of them T-shirts.

I have really wish for something different, may be a raincoat or something else...

Dont mind any pitch mark repair tool, but just dont give me another T-Shirt. I just donated out like 5-6 out, now it seems i have like a few more.

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Sponsors main objective is to promote their products, so having logos on Polo, umbrella etc are very common. Very Happy

Next time you have anything to sponsor, please donate to RDG medals game thank you ! pig
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:22 pm

UL, there is many ways to promote these and its just matter of getting creative. Golf tags, golf training sticks, golf socks, rain coats, golf balls, pitch marks, umbrella.

Just dont give another polo T-shirt. Give a round neck T-shirt that is not so related to Golf also ok mah. Just not another Golf T-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:53 pm

You don't like doesn't mean other golfers don't want, you have your mouth, others have theirs, sponsors have the right to sponsors anything they like....if some sponsor gave us boxes of condom, we will make sure e put a box in every goodie bag.

Time are bad and we cannot be too choosy of what we have in our bag. Just take and if you don't like it, just pass to someone.

Just my 2 cents worth

pig

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm

UL, you are wrong. Its just a matter of making full use of door gifts and give something what a golfers need. Just a bit more creative sourcing and thinking.

If a T-shit is Sg15 per shirt, i am sure there are many ways to replace it with something that golfers or receiver can enjoy. In addition to this, replacing 1 time with many items would given an impression of a more without costing addition. In fact, it cost lesser in total for the game organizers.

The following which i copied elsewhere.

Magnetic Ball markers, club towels, handful of wooden tees, pitch fix divot tool, a sleeve of prov1s for the game, club metal wool/brush, impact tapes, a sharpie, the course yardage book, ice cold isotonic, comfy sport socks, a phiten wrist tape or similar, r&a rule pocket guide, a sample bottle of sunblock in case somebody forgot to bring, f&b vouchers for the game

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Cut the story short, next time if you sponsor a golf tournament, than you do what is right.

Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? 187888

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I dont have a company to sponsor...but i can help to source and give ideas... Razz
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Next RDG committees meeting...you are invited !!! pig
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Chin chai chin chai lah! No fish prawns also can. Anything not related to golf also can? cheers
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Agree.. pple give, u take lor. dun want then donate or give away lor. 1 man's rubbish is another's food!
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:28 am

As for me...whatever,just take Very Happy Hope I got a chance to go up there take whatever prizes that UL hand it to me cheers
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:36 am

New golf balls, towel n suntan lotion. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:43 am

I must agree that it is up to the sponsors to give what they want... T-shirt is the best in my opinion. Many will tend to wear them unlike ball markers, towels, umbrella....how often we use them? Their exposure will be low.

However, I must say that they should not make their logo so big until as if we are the employee of the company (you know what I mean?) Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? 16911

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I must say that for those that are organizing games, this would be a good thread. Because, every game with the same thing, people would get tired of the SOT.....Same Old Thing..

To be fair, we cant categorize the same gifts for every game. Because, there is some game that has more premium gifts and some that are more of the norm or least.

For the ones that are least budget, there would be those that gifts that is more cost effective i.e. tees, caps, tees, small and functional stuffs...but T-shirts are very common.

For the ones that are more in terms of budget, there would be flights of games, boston bags, cinema vouchers, theater invites, gloves, Titleist ProV balls (not 1 ream but 1 box or more), small pouches, expensive tees or markers or pivot tools, towels, functional golf tools i.e. wedges, putter cover, driver head covers, Skin sleeves, branded silicon belts, meal vochers from i.e. Imperial restaurants or Jumbo or premium outlets.

Many many more...

Bottom line, how to makesure there is gifts provided that gives out brand image and yet without giving out SOT.
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I need towels,maybe a golf shoe vouchers... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

In other words we need to find corporate sponsors in order to have prizes or gifts of higher value. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Daffu wrote:
I must say that for those that are organizing games, this would be a good thread. Because, every game with the same thing, people would get tired of the SOT.....Same Old Thing..

To be fair, we cant categorize the same gifts for every game. Because, there is some game that has more premium gifts and some that are more of the norm or least.

For the ones that are least budget, there would be those that gifts that is more cost effective i.e. tees, caps, tees, small and functional stuffs...but T-shirts are very common.

For the ones that are more in terms of budget, there would be flights of games, boston bags, cinema vouchers, theater invites, gloves, Titleist ProV balls (not 1 ream but 1 box or more), small pouches, expensive tees or markers or pivot tools, towels, functional golf tools i.e. wedges, putter cover, driver head covers, Skin sleeves, branded silicon belts, meal vochers from i.e. Imperial restaurants or Jumbo or premium outlets.

Many many more...

Bottom line, how to makesure there is gifts provided that gives out brand image and yet without giving out SOT.

Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? Animated-smileys-bananas-006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?   Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Door Gifts - Wants and Dont Wants?
Page 1 of 1