TDO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA Empty
PostSubject: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:45 am

The Tortoises and the Hares

Using a sampling of some of the top golfers at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, here are the fastest and slowest players on the fairways and on the putting green (based on the number of seco]nds that passed from when they step to ball to when they hit).*

SLOWEST ON GREEN
1 Kevin Na (47.6s)
2 Sergio Garcia (43.6s)
3 Jim Furyk (43.3s)
4 J.B. Holmes (41.9s)
5 Tiger Woods (40.2s)

SLOWEST ON FAIRWAY

1 Sergio Garcia (41.4s)
2 Kevin Na (38s)
3 Tiger Woods (37.4s)
4 J.B. Holmes (34.6s)
5 J. Vegas (32.2s)

FASTEST ON GREEN
1 Rickie Fowler (12.3s)
2 G. McDowell (13.9s)
3 Dustin Johnson (17.3s)
4 Phil Mickelson (19.1s)
5 Ian Poulter (21.5s)

FASTEST ON FAIRWAY
1 Rickie Fowler (13.9s)
2 Dustin Johnson (14.1s)
3 Pat Perez (14.4s)
4 Jim Furyk (18.5s)
5 David Duval (18.9s)

Source: WSJ Research *average of at least three holes
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:56 am

Good read...let me play my next game and get someone to time me.... Question
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:11 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

I need to do the same too as some people says " I am slow " but my wife always say " I am fast " lol!
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:10 am

Ironman, yr post cracks me up....

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:52 am

UL, if you stick to playing golf and not looking for balls, you will not be slow
Twisted Evil

Hopefully, amateurs dun follow these slow pros. The key difference is that dispite their 'slowness' they will hit the green with their 2nd shot or make the putt.

Where as, how many times have we watch in agony, the front flight taking a long time only to duff their 2nd shot or 3 putt after surveying the hole from all angles?

I advocate playing 'ready golf'.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:25 am

I have a friend who would always like to "plump" with his putter on the green. And it took a bit of time waiting for him to finish his routine. Both me and his old friend will always ask him, "Can go in not? Plump so long" His reply will always be, "Don't harass me". He miss the putt 99% of the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:30 am

I will play like Kevin Na at NSRCC tongue
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:27 pm

TDO wrote:
I have a friend who would always like to "plump" with his putter on the green. And it took a bit of time waiting for him to finish his routine. Both me and his old friend will always ask him, "Can go in not? Plump so long" His reply will always be, "Don't harass me". He miss the putt 99% of the time. Laughing

There was once, myself and a few kakis from this forum played as sembawang before they start renovating. There was this specific flite that was playing super slow. Not because of 4 balls but just one of them. We counted, it took the person 47-55 seconds for a freaking putt. How not to be pissed!

The @hole just literally, standing on top of his ball to putt and froze there for like 30 freaking second. How to play golf like that? Might well play marbles la...
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm

I like playing with TDO. He freaking fast. Staying to tee off. He plug his tee into the soil, see where wants to go, then smack, the ball reaches there.. No air swing... this is fast.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Ironman wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

I need to do the same too as some people says " I am slow " but my wife always say " I am fast " lol!

I am sure your GF will say Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA 419885

Hahahaha joking bro.... Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA 559670
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Daffu wrote:
I like playing with TDO. He freaking fast. Staying to tee off. He plug his tee into the soil, see where wants to go, then smack, the ball reaches there.. No air swing... this is fast.

Thanks for compliment KK. Actually I am trying to conserve energy for my old body. Laughing But you have to be quite confident of the shot and relax before taking the shot without the usual practice swing, including the putting and not be too concerned about the end result. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:18 pm

I will try that the next time and see if it conserve energy and make me play better.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:20 pm

No No No, KK. Conserve energy is for SC only not for young man like you. Ha! Ha! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:12 am

Ironman wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

haha... this is funny. lol!
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:15 am

pocketace wrote:
UL, if you stick to playing golf and not looking for balls, you will not be slow
Twisted Evil

Hopefully, amateurs dun follow these slow pros. The key difference is that dispite their 'slowness' they will hit the green with their 2nd shot or make the putt.

Where as, how many times have we watch in agony, the front flight taking a long time only to duff their 2nd shot or 3 putt after surveying the hole from all angles?

I advocate playing 'ready golf'.

Agreed...most clubs nowadays advocate ready golf.. Very Happy

Last edited by swing2sky on Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:35 am

As a general rule, we don't play by the rules. Usually those I played with, friends, colleagues and what have you, we play ready golf. That means ready go. Dispense with the formality, be dishonorable by letting the player with the lowest score go first. I think that will speed up play. Sometimes we go one up and rake the sand for the player who got into trouble in the bunker. At times, we tell him to put the ball on the fairway when he is struggling with the bunker (no penalty) or even ask him/her to drop the ball on the fairway if the tee shot went into the water. Also, if ball go OB, we allow him/her to drop ball at point of entry and consider it a hazard not OB, that means only 1 stroke penalty. All these can help speed up play. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm

TDO wrote:
As a general rule, we don't play by the rules. Usually those I played with, friends, colleagues and what have you, we play ready golf. That means ready go. Dispense with the formality, be dishonorable by letting the player with the lowest score go first. I think that will speed up play. Sometimes we go one up and rake the sand for the player who got into trouble in the bunker. At times, we tell him to put the ball on the fairway when he is struggling with the bunker (no penalty) or even ask him/her to drop the ball on the fairway if the tee shot went into the water. Also, if ball go OB, we allow him/her to drop ball at point of entry and consider it a hazard not OB, that means only 1 stroke penalty. All these can help speed up play. cheers

Fair comment...

Can I get 1 stoke from OB from you?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:41 pm

KK, you are good player. Just that it's your off day. Next round we play for lunch or dinner ba. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA   Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA Empty

Back to top Go down

Slowest & Fastest Tour Player on PGA
Page 1 of 1