My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club   My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:56 pm

My 2nd course this weekend. Now we are talking about a REAL golf course here! Played off white tee, still a very meaty challenge. I only managed 2 pars (ok maybe I suck!). We played on a Sunday morning, basically, we had the course to ourselves, finished 18 holes in under 4 hours.
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-19

(1) Course Layout
This course is off the west coast in Mauritius. It is a private club that welcomes tourists. It is a PAR 72 course. FW are wide, fw bunkers in view usually not in play. SOme holes have different options for you to attack the hole. Feels like desert course because it is pretty dry, open. Not much water hazards to speak off, many dried streams and you can still play from there (I did!). Volcanic rocks are found around the course. A Very pretty course in my view!
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-34

(2) Course Difficulty
Relatively undulating. Slope rating as stated on the score card says 135 off white and 147 off blue. Some holes are pretty long, even for Par 3. But fws are firm and dry, allows for the ball to run a bit! Great for bombers, usually even if you spray a bit, you can get away with it. Par 4 average about 350m off white, Par 5 average about 480m, par 3s average 160m...ish. Super windy conditions make club selection a challenge!

(3) Course Condition - this is my assessment, so take it with a pinch of salt
(a) Tee Box - 7/10 (some patches botak, but you usually can find a nice spot to tee up the ball)
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-32

(b) Bunker - 9/10 (no complaints here, bunkers are good firm sand, more rakes will be good though)

(c) Fairway - 8/10 (generally dry, ball sits up nicely on short grass, but some patches botak)
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-12
pic of my ball on the fw

(d) Putting Green - 9 /10 (really good greens, consistent speed, a bit firm, so if the ball lands on the green is quite hard to hold unless spin is good or comes down from great height)
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-33
putting with such a stunning backdrop!

(4) Club House & changing room
Top class club house with very friendly staff. Alfresco dining available amidst a beautiful backdrop
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-35
There are only a handful of showers because so few people are using the course. Changing room is almost deserted. It is neatly laid out with strong air conditioning and amenities like all good pte clubs should.
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-31
There is also a proper golf Academy, strategically placed between the 1st and 10th tee box allowing golfers to warm up before the game.
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-21

(5) Summary
I must thank DGman for introducing Robert to me. Despite my so-so round (uh we stop counting scores before we finished front nine!), I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. I'm sure with course knowledge, I will be back to attack the course next time! Till next time folks, hope you enjoyed the pics and review.
My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club Photo-20
Back to top Go down

My Review of the Mauritius Tamarina Golf Club
Page 1 of 1