TDO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? Empty
PostSubject: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

I came across this website that offered the following:

1. Access to top golf courses in Singapore
2. Fast online booking
3. Exclusive deals on tee times

I would like to share with brothers and sisters here what transpired after I sign up about slightly more than a month ago.

I click on the website and was prompted to provide my email address in order to access it. A temporary password was sent to my email account almost immediately. I tried logging in with the temporary password intermittently over the past month plus without success.

My suspicion is this could be a website that steals people's email address without your knowledge. If anyone here have encountered any problem with this website please share it here.

So far, I did not really encounter anything except was unable to access it even after providing my email and armed with the temporary password.

So please be careful. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.eprivategolf.com
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:18 am

Think you are right...it's a scam !!! Thanks for sharing bro.

pig
Back to top Go down
StephGolf
StephGolf

PostSubject: ePrivateGolf is now live and it is a real website!   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:35 am

Hello,

I just came across your post. I am with ePrivateGolf.
Before launching our website we put a marketing page online in order to recruit our first members, that's where you signed up.
The marketing page clearly mentioned that users could pre-register for our upcoming launch, meaning that the website was not live yet, and that's why you could not access it at the time. We are sorry for any misunderstanding.

www.eprivategolf.com is now live, you can check it out and contact support@eprivategolf.com for any question you may have.

Thank you,

Stephane
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 am

It's not a scam, it is set up by a friend of mine.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
gezt_ho

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 am

Who har?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 am

gezt_ho wrote:
Who har?

Not too sure if you know him, he is on my facebook...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Think this post is in September, if anyone know is a friend of RDG, next time do intro their friends here early.

Just my 2cents worth.

Uncle Lau
Chief Mod.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StephGolf
StephGolf

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Hello Uncle Lau,

Nice to be in touch with you. We originally wanted to launch www.eprivategolf.com earlier but decided to delay a bit in order to have all the features extensively tested before releasing the website. Some features took a bit longer than expected to get clearance from our project team but we really wanted to get them ready for our launch: you can for example invite your friends to join our community and get free credits for that. That initial delay probably contributed to some interrogations from people who registered early on our marketing page, we realize that and are sorry again for any misunderstanding.

I trust that all is clear now. We are ready to serve the golfing community in Singapore and we are also eager to receive your feedback on our website!

All the best,

Stephane
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

This is no scam I have registered myself my friend is 1 of them who setup this website.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:05 pm

! Must be my problem since I started. Sorry never read fine print. Eyesight problem. But I did get upset because everytime I tried to log in it keep asking for email address. But it's all clear now.

Problem is I now cannot access and have to register all over again as I have ticked this website as scam. Plus, old man me forgot which email address I was using. Have 6 email addresses.

To play safe, I only provide email that I seldom use on suspicious websites.

But hor, bro neutralgolfer should have replied earlier to prevent all the suspicion.

Oh well, alls well ends well.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 am

TDO wrote:
! Must be my problem since I started. Sorry never read fine print. Eyesight problem. But I did get upset because everytime I tried to log in it keep asking for email address. But it's all clear now.

Problem is I now cannot access and have to register all over again as I have ticked this website as scam. Plus, old man me forgot which email address I was using. Have 6 email addresses.

To play safe, I only provide email that I seldom use on suspicious websites.

But hor, bro neutralgolfer should have replied earlier to prevent all the suspicion.

Oh well, alls well ends well.

Bro TDO, paiseh, I also get to know this friend's website recently.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm

No worry everyone...myself already register and sign up... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nix
Established Member
Established Member
nix

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 pm

StephGolf wrote:
Hello,

Before launching our website we put a marketing page online in order to recruit our first members, that's where you signed up.
The marketing page clearly mentioned that users could pre-register for our upcoming launch, meaning that the website was not live yet, and that's why you could not access it at the time. We are sorry for any misunderstanding.

www.eprivategolf.com is now live, you can check it out and contact support@eprivategolf.com for any question you may have.

Thank you,

Stephane

Stephgolf, u are TK's friend?
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am

nix wrote:
StephGolf wrote:
Hello,

Thank you,

Stephane

Stephgolf, u are TK's friend?

I am.
Back to top Go down
StephGolf
StephGolf

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 am

Hi Nix,

yes, I am TK's friend. And the friends of my friends are my friends!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?   ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam? Empty

Back to top Go down

ePrivateGolf.com - Is it a scam?
Page 1 of 1