RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....

Go down 
+3
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Daffu
Uncle Lau
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

A NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....

This is a true incident...the names have been change to protect the innocent, writer and Editor. Cool

Been playing with a golfer Ali somewhere along Thomson Road for a while now...only to find out he was a former NSRCC member. After the price hike, he brought Seletar for $36K from his Uncle. But he is not happy with the purchase....

As NSRCC member, Ali could book on line, but now even at Seletar, on a weekday it's also quite packed ! Sunday golf is always a nightmare to book plus as a new member in Seletar, golfing buddies are a far cry from NSRCC days !

Please don't get me wrong, i am not promoting NSRCC or to prove Daffu wrong, it just something i like to share with everyone.

Guess in Singapore, golfing is getting very expensive, we thought we get a good deal, but it not always the case. Like Seletar, my friend Ali also told me he heard that Seletar may renovate the 18 holes course, which mean extra $$$$$ to be pump in by members, I too was tempted to buy Keppel until a esteem member told me to put on hold. He told me Keppel will shift in a few years time and that too cost $$$$$ more...

Guess sometimes we must be contented with what we have and really to see how much we golf in a year....

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cool
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Err not true. All the clubs busy on Sat and Sun, this is a fact. The only reason why NSRCC is not as packed as now, its because of the members not opting to play with higher prices on weekends. If its at the old rates, you can expect packed weekends as well. Unless your friend has fast hands and legs to book online.

This also the same for SICC with 4 courses.

Last edited by Daffu on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

its true that weekends are not as packed now

today i tee off 1222pm, but i actually teed off at 1210pm

i finished my game at 5pm with minimum waiting.. and we can have the privilege to make a few extra putts for practice

the carpark also not so full
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:04 pm

I think UL's story as usual, is factually bias. Its one sided affair and there is a cause and effect. The is a need to measure apple to apple comparison.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Well the course are not pack is because of many golfers children are having PSLE, O and A levels....last year this time also not pack...if you talk to the NSRCC membership ladies, they will tell you many have sign up as new members. Laughing

Golf rates are getting higher by next year as US crops fail due to flood and drought...everything will shoot up by as much as 30%...any economist will tell you. Best brace ourself for higher green fees...JB course will not be spare hor !

Darts anyone ???

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Terence29

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:29 am

Come join me for golf in Myanmar. No auto roaming on mobile unless you're a M1 user hence no disturbance from office or home while playing golf. Able to have 2 caddies to assist you during the game.
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
rt

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 am

hi UL, i throw some darts previously. steel or soft tip also can. hope meet soon for a game.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jaketang

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 am

got darts call me k?

i prefer hard tip type... Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Terence29 wrote:
Come join me for golf in Myanmar. No auto roaming on mobile unless you're a M1 user hence no disturbance from office or home while playing golf. Able to have 2 caddies to assist you during the game.

Think your next game with RDG gang will be Hong Bao Golf 2013... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Yo rt and jaketang, i am currently under the watchful eye of my dart master at NUSS Kent Ridge...every Friday after my lecture in NUS. You all keen...Hard Tip..

Cool
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Right now enjoying whiskies during darts training

Too bad you are not here
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Silver wrote:
Right now enjoying whiskies during darts training

Too bad you are not here

ShiFu, please see my oversea ordered dart set arrive or not... Cool
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Terence29

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Terence29 wrote:

Lolx. I think so too UL, bo bian as most of the other games i can't be around in S'pore.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Terence29 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Terence29 wrote:

Lolx. I think so too UL, bo bian as most of the other games i can't be around in S'pore.

No worry, will wait for you... I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....   NSRCC member switch to Seletar member.... Empty

Back to top Go down

NSRCC member switch to Seletar member....
Page 1 of 1