+2
ghkh
SteveS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveS
SteveS

Distance of your clubs ? Empty
PostSubject: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 pm

how do you find out the distance of each clubs ?

At range, because is range ball, the distance might be shorter than on course ?

So how to find out exactly how much distance for each club so that we select the right club to cover the distance ? Using a launch monitor ?

Please share Smile

Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I read my ball carry instead bcoz diff range has diff rolls n diff range ball grades.Wink 
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm

so you make adjustment on the course ?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:11 pm

For me if my 7i on the range goes 110m...than on the course it likely be around 90m to 100m. Reason is that range balls is compressed so it doesn't goes that far. Very Happy 

Lately at snow lotus mountain been homing all my clubs and so far it was accurate for me.

Maybe you range and take a note of all your clubs or i pass you some water balls to try on the range to compare.

Mandai range used old real golf balls...maybe you can get a rough distance...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
rt

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
For me if my 7i on the range goes 110m...than on the course it likely be around 90m to 100m. Reason is that range balls is compressed so it doesn't goes that far. Very Happy 

Lately at snow lotus mountain been homing all my clubs and so far it was accurate for me.

Maybe you range and take a note of all your clubs or i pass you some water balls to try on the range to compare.

Mandai range used old real golf balls...maybe you can get a rough distance...
Very Happy

ul, it should be the other way instead for your above mentioned 7i distance.
mine as well. should add about 10m for every club u used.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 am

Yes you are right..should add 10m or more...see i tolf you i am a beginner golfer..still learning the ropes..but i am brave !!! Cool 
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 am

SteveS wrote:
how do you find out the distance of each clubs ?

At range, because is range ball, the distance might be shorter than on course ?

So how to find out exactly how much distance for each club so that we select the right club to cover the distance ? Using a launch monitor ?

Please share Smile

I measure the carry distance, ignore roll distance. Depends on what kind of range ball, usually 10% less than playing ball.

You can take 5 shots each club and take the average carry distance for that club. Ignore those slice, shank and duff shots, take only the good shots. After you done with all your clubs, you should know your club distance.

Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am

are those launch monitor accurate in giving you a rough idea of the distance of each club ?
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 am

SteveS wrote:
are those launch monitor accurate in giving you a rough idea of the distance of each club ?
Its largely base on these few factors inorder to contribute to each club distances 1) swing speed (calculated base on either mph or kmh), 2) face impact analysis 3) ball flight trajectory analysis - launch angle & spin rate.

You must b a consistent golfer than you can affirm each of your club distances otherwise even w those track master, launch monitor etc...will nt play a role in yr distances seekg. Very Happy
My 2 cts contribution.Wink 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:46 am

ghkh wrote:
SteveS wrote:
Its largely base on these few factors inorder to contribute to each club distances 1) swing speed (calculated base on either mph or kmh), 2) face impact analysis 3) ball flight trajectory analysis - launch angle & spin rate.

You must b a consistent golfer than you can affirm each of your club distances otherwise even w those track master, launch monitor etc...will nt play a role in yr distances seekg. Very Happy
My 2 cts contribution.Wink 
Trackman radar u mean? Quite accurate

Ermm best way is to take out a few used balls (same type) that you be gaming on course to test the distance lor... The focus and accuracy -- results in those few shots really different

that might be a solution for yr distance gauge
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 am

oh thanks all for the reply...

Ya.. I think must be pretty consistent before the trackman or other launch monitor will be useful...

Wizgolf is providing those fitting analysis and reports... at around $70 to $75...

I'm thinking of giving it a try..

Anyone try it before?
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:50 am

SteveS wrote:
oh thanks all for the reply...

Ya.. I think must be pretty consistent before the trackman or other launch monitor will be useful...

Wizgolf is providing those fitting analysis and reports... at around $70 to $75...

I'm thinking of giving it a try..

Anyone try it before?

golf house also got mah..

think they using flightscope to generate figures from yr swing. AoA, ball speed. swing speed, spin rate
ball flight apex, smash factor etc..with shaft recommendations by the program

free one

if wife go shopping u go have yr swing analyzed lor..jus bring yr glove and golf shoes
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:36 am

Yo steveS...once own you got all those lovely toys..can i try !!! tongue 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distance of your clubs ?   Distance of your clubs ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Distance of your clubs ?
Page 1 of 1