Snowman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowman
Established Member
Established Member
Snowman

Why can't standardize? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

Yards and Meters. So confusing.
Back to top Go down
Princess.White
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Princess.White

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

haha snowman u ok ma haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.dstylez.blogspot.com
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

i also think so, every time i play yards, sure screw up
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:30 am

if american can agreed with british with this, else there is aint no way this can be standardized or standardised.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 am

Yards and meters are a matter of where you come from. For us Singaporeans we are accustomed to the UK metric system (meters). Americans use the Yards system.

However, in my opinion, Yards give better accuracy as the granularity is smaller. What I mean is that, for example, one might hit a 7 iron 150m full swing and 6 iron to 160m. But the green may be 155m which is a bit difficult to choose between clubs. However on the yardage system, the golfer's 7 iron hits 164 yards and 6 iron goes 176 yards. The green will hit to 170 yards. To the pros, this subtle difference is all that matters.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 am

Nowadays can use the laser range finder, so get one and use it on all golf courses. You get to choose either readings in yards or metres. Sure to improve your game!!

Just a suggestion! Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:21 am

Get the tournament edition if you are playing in tournaments. THose with slope feature are not allowed.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 am

I remember my Old Boys Club, one of them played golf in the early 60's, golf balls sizes are different too. Thinks the Americans are larger in diameter while the British are smaller ! (citation needed) Shocked

Than both parties agreeded on one golf balls sizes. Every games when they about to teeoff, they would used a Ball Ring, if a ball can go thru it, it ok and it can't....that ball fall the QC test as in the early days QC is not too good.

We are thankful today our golf ball are good both in a standard diameter and the quality closed to perfection.

Meter or yards, i am ok. Only thing is when i watch US PGA on cable, i must mentally calculate the distance....

Why can't standardize? 30223

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:30 am

Snowman wrote:
Yards and Meters. So confusing.

good mah can confuse ur opponent more
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I remember when my Old Boys Club, one of them played golf in the early 60's, golf balls sizes are different too. Thinks the Americans are larger in diameter while the British are smaller ! (citation needed) Shocked

Than both parties agreeded on one golf balls sizes. Every games when they about to teeoff, they would used a Ball Ring, if a ball can go thru it, it ok and it can't....that ball fall the QC test as in the early days QC is not too good.

We are thankful today our golf ball are good both in a standard diameter and the quality closed to perfection.

Meter or yards, i am ok. Only thing is when i watch US PGA on cable, i must mentally calculate the distance....

Why can't standardize? 30223

now i know how the term 'squeeze ball' comes from liow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't standardize?   Why can't standardize? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why can't standardize?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: