AuthorMessage
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P? PART 46   W.I.M.P? PART 46 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 am

QUESTION:
Patricia's tee shot comes to rest under a gorse bush. In measuring the option of taking the two club-lengths relief that she may obtain by deeming her ball unplayable, she accidentally moves her ball with the clubhead of her driver. She then declares her ball unplayable, incurring the penalty stroke under Rule 28, and lifts it. She drops a different ball and plays her next stroke to the green. Has Patricia incurred any additional penalty?
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 46   W.I.M.P? PART 46 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:03 am

no? the ball unplayable so logical to use another ball ma
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 46   W.I.M.P? PART 46 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 am

Ball unplayable is not ball lost. Cannot anyhow change another ball.

Under rule 5-3 (Ball unfit for play), the player must announce his intention and allow opponent to examine before changing ball.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 46   W.I.M.P? PART 46 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 am

ANSWER:
No. There is no additional penalty. Rule 18-6.
There is no penalty if the movement of a ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the specific act of measuring. Also, there is no penalty for continuing play of the hole with a different ball after taking a penalty under Rule 28, Ball Unplayable.

Rule 18-6. Ball Moved in Measuring

If a ball or ball-marker is moved in measuring while proceeding under or in determining the application of a Rule, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced.

There is no penalty, provided he movement of the ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the specific act of measuring. Otherwise, the provisions of Rule 18-2a, 18-3b or 18-4 apply.

*Penalty for Breach of Rule:
Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes.

*If a player who is required to replace a ball fails to do so, or if he makes a stroke at a ball substituted under Rule 18 when such substitution is not permitted, he incurs the general penalty for breach of Rule 18, but there is no additional penalty under this Rule.

Note 1: If a ball to be replaced under this Rule is not immediately recoverable, another ball may be substituted.

Note 2: If the original lie of a ball to be placed or replaced has been altered, see Rule 20-3b.

Note 3: If it is impossible to determine the spot on which a ball is to be placed, see Rule 20-3c.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 46   W.I.M.P? PART 46 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P? PART 46
Page 1 of 1