Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I recalled a few games back, i played with a golfers who look like moi.... scratch And he had a very unusal way of putting..... scratch

When most of us putt, we would take our stand, line the putter by the ride side of the ball, we take the putter head to the right and stroke through so the putter head hit the ball and the ball rolls out...This person AAA would take his stand and line his putter head by the side of his ball and without moving to the right, he would just PUSH THE PUTTER HEAD AND THUS THE BALL WAS BEING PUSHED TOWARD THE HOLE !!! Shocked

When i tried AAA method of putting i realised that as i pushed the ball out and because of the grain and uneven green, i could felt that the ball actually stop and go...... meaning the putter head may hit the ball a few times !!! affraid

I told the AAA golfer about my finding about his method of putting and it may be a penalty as in the way he putted. AAA looked and me and say " (*&*^%&^&%*(^* prove me wrong ! "

W.I.M.P Part 58 111886
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:50 pm

We need to go back to some fundamentals here.

1. Definition of stroke :- forward movement of the club with the intention of striking at and moving the ball

2. Rule 14-1 : A ball must be fairly struck at with the head of the club and must not be pushed, scraped or spooned.

3. Rule 16-1e : A player must not make a stroke on the putting greenn from a stance astride, or with either foot touching the line of putt.

Does AAA's putting style satisfy the above conditions? IF yes, then ok.

Everyone has different style of swing / stroke. When one can't do like another does, it does not mean the other player's strroke is "non-conforming".
Eg. Jim Furyk's swing is unorthodox, but not in breach of any rules. Ask Tiger to swing like Furyk and he'd probably mess his game up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Swee ah KP, i see AAA will tell him tat ! thanks bro ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Swee ah KP, i see AAA will tell him tat ! thanks bro ! Very Happy

this AAA sounds familiar! his name also starts with "A" and end with "W"? Laughing
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 am

Andrew?
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:35 am

kp wrote:
We need to go back to some fundamentals here.

1. Definition of stroke :- forward movement of the club with the intention of striking at and moving the ball

2. Rule 14-1 : A ball must be fairly struck at with the head of the club and must not be pushed, scraped or spooned.

3. Rule 16-1e : A player must not make a stroke on the putting greenn from a stance astride, or with either foot touching the line of putt.

Does AAA's putting style satisfy the above conditions? IF yes, then ok.

Everyone has different style of swing / stroke. When one can't do like another does, it does not mean the other player's strroke is "non-conforming".
Eg. Jim Furyk's swing is unorthodox, but not in breach of any rules. Ask Tiger to swing like Furyk and he'd probably mess his game up Very Happy

Bro kp, Rule 14-1 difficult to determine between 'push' & 'stroke' ..at the ball especially in putting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 58   W.I.M.P Part 58 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P Part 58
Page 1 of 1