swing2sky
Uncle Lau
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

When do you change your golf shoes cleats Empty
PostSubject: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi ! Lately my 1 year old callaway golf shoes, i just change all the plastic cleats. Very Happy

How long can does it take to worn out our plastic cleats ? When to change it ? Btw it not cheap as one cost $1.50.

Please share my kakis !

When do you change your golf shoes cleats 288898
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 pm

If the cleats worn out, need to change, otherwise no grip with the ground, how to swing well... Very Happy

How long to change will greatly depends on the usage frequency. Surprised
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 pm

I never change in 3yrs. Some "legs" did come off but since it didn't make me loose much of a balance, i didn't change.
I will usually change the shoe every 3-5 yrs. Ü my worst pair was a Nike. Lasted me 2 months.
I think my case is mainly due to the fact that I only go to the green 1-2 times a year. No kidding. So my shoe cleats are still reasonable but the leather wear n tear.
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 pm

I just started golf. I haven't change anything yet.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 am

swing2sky wrote:
If the cleats worn out, need to change, otherwise no grip with the ground, how to swing well... Very Happy

You're right S2S..... sunny
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 am

swing2sky wrote:

Especially when our center of gravity quite heavy. When do you change your golf shoes cleats Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:51 am

moi wrote:
swing2sky wrote:

Especially when our center of gravity quite heavy. When do you change your golf shoes cleats Icon_sad

You're over weight liao...Need to slim down..You know where.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 am

jazz_samz wrote:
I never change in 3yrs. Some "legs" did come off but since it didn't make me loose much of a balance, i didn't change.
I will usually change the shoe every 3-5 yrs. Ü my worst pair was a Nike. Lasted me 2 months.
I think my case is mainly due to the fact that I only go to the green 1-2 times a year. No kidding. So my shoe cleats are still reasonable but the leather wear n tear.

Bro think you get a new pair for Malacca Tournament....sekali all the way there, you golf shoes croc mouth ! Shocked

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 am

2 conditions for me.
1. I change when more than half of the cleats are broken or
2. If got RDG event and I want to look good. Hahaha!

When do you change your golf shoes cleats IMG_72091
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 am

rocky wrote:
2 conditions for me.
1. I change when more than half of the cleats are broken or
2. If got RDG event and I want to look good. Hahaha!

When do you change your golf shoes cleats IMG_72091

...and look taller. When do you change your golf shoes cleats Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
jazz_samz wrote:

Bro think you get a new pair for Malacca Tournament....sekali all the way there, you golf shoes croc mouth ! Shocked

ya true. WHERE U GUYS BUY YR SHOES???
I use to go isetan to buy. Exchange vouchers using my UOB pts n get member rebate during golf sale events. Missed the last one.
Any lobang for Adidas shoes?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 am

Think lately most the Golf pro shop got sales on golf shoes.....try Suntec. The three major Golf Pro Shops got sales on their golf product !

Good Luck !

flower
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 am

Actually cleats are really ex, esp the ones that I'm using.

The Champ spikes are cheaper, although i've heard of 50 cents per piece kind. Don't know where to find though...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 am

Think most pro shop have it ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:48 am

i tried changing before but dunno how to even take them out.... so in the end i just change the whole shoes.. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 am

You just pass to the pro shop guys and ask him or her to change for you ! It free just paid for all the change cleats !

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Princess.White
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Princess.White

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 am

where to find pretty cleats
Back to top Go down
http://www.dstylez.blogspot.com
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

moi wrote:
swing2sky wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

thot UL beginner nia... cleats got chance to wear out meh confused
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Mine still new,btw do you need a tool to change the cleats ?
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 am

usually the tools come with the shoes... but until today i still haven't figure out how to yank those cleats out with the tool... Question
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:26 am

JieJie wrote:
usually the tools come with the shoes... but until today i still haven't figure out how to yank those cleats out with the tool... Question

Eh... I think its to turn it like a screw..... you bring to Malacca lah? I believe there would be many bros wana help you change.. kekekekek I take queue too lah??

I replace 3 on my old old nike before... I dun think there is a snap on type though... unless I sua ku not updated with current setup...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Princess.White wrote:
where to find pretty cleats

Think all cleats are the same type and color, only the screw or snap theads re different !

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When do you change your golf shoes cleats   When do you change your golf shoes cleats Empty

Back to top Go down

When do you change your golf shoes cleats
Page 1 of 1