10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

Play too much. Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Anyone has experienced burnout from golf? I play 3 times a week on the course on every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. So much so that I feel that I'm suffering burnout.

My body aching all the time, my swing distance get shorter and shorter, my score become wild swing sometime low 80s, sometime 120.

What can I do to rectify this prob other than playing less? Im thinking to cut down to once a week. Is this good idea? Thinking of spending the rest of the time to go gym to train up my stemina and strength.

All (except UL) comments are welcome. Play too much. Help!!! 472247

Last edited by salty dog on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:23 pm

The best is you golf 2 days a week... Make sure not continuosly... Then hit the gym during your non golfing days.... Rest in between is important as body need time to recover... No rest body will soon suffer from breakdown... So don't chiong too much
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 pm

haha UL so fast kanna rejected sia....

try to minimise.. u might have exhausted urself which will become negative impact... 
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Hello... you think you are still spring chicken ar...

That was the comments given by my friend in our conversation when i told him that i was playing golf, badminton, squash and going to range....
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Age will be another factor of poor performance... But if you take thing easy it will not harm your body... Cheers...
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 pm

cristel wrote:
haha UL so fast kanna rejected sia....

try to minimise.. u might have exhausted urself which will become negative impact... 

UL is just too energetic. Cannot keep up with him. I think he need a few more sidekicks. Any volunteers?

Sidekick one kong Liao!!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:58 pm

edmuhamad wrote:
The best is you golf 2 days a week... Make sure not continuosly... Then hit the gym during your non golfing days.... Rest in between is important as body need time to recover... No rest body will soon suffer from breakdown... So don't chiong too much

That what i told him...Monday wash his Class A Bungalow, Tuesday golf with me (no pressure, social game), Wednesday Gym, Thursday go for Karma Sutra Class, Friday Golf , weekend, family day.....prefect !

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
edmuhamad wrote:

That what i told him...Monday wash his Class A Bungalow, Tuesday golf with me (no pressure, social game), Wednesday Gym, Thursday go for Karma Sutra Class, Friday Golf , weekend, family day.....prefect !

Very Happy

UL is right.... A good breakdown of events for a whole 1 week.. Not too strenous...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 pm

And the most important, in golf you cannot win everytime....some time you win, most of the time we lose (chiu chiu). The most important is mental strength and a Never Say Die Attitude ! Basketball

king
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
And the most important, in golf you cannot win everytime....some time you win, most of the time we lose (chiu chiu). The most important is mental strength and a Never Say Die Attitude ! Basketball

king

SD, take note of what UL says... You rise to his challenge... You need help to tell me yaaa...
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
edmuhamad wrote:

Very Happy

Did I say everyone's comment is welcome except UL? Play too much. Help!!! 472247
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Play too much. Help!!! 215108
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm

How? No body experience burnout from golf before?
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jeremykoh

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 pm

infact if you swing correctly you wont feel that burnout.. i do play 5 to 6 times a week before for months.. felt tired but not burnout.. therefore i suggest you seek help in this area.. than comes your stamina and age bla bla bla....
of cos score somehow get affected but should also be in the range of no more than 5 to 10 strokes.

also sufficent sleep and rest is definetly required.. if not you will not be able to play for so many days...

just my tots...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am

jeremykoh wrote:
infact if you swing correctly you wont feel that burnout.. i do play 5 to 6 times a week before for months.. felt tired but not burnout.. therefore i suggest you seek help in this area.. than comes your stamina and age bla bla bla....
of cos score somehow get affected but should also be in the range of no more than 5 to 10 strokes.

also sufficent sleep and rest is definetly required.. if not you will not be able to play for so many days...

just my tots...

Good read bro ! bounce
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 am

He say something u always replied good read. I say something u always keep quiet ...
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 am

salty dog wrote:
How? No body experience burnout from golf before?

I do...... When you played 70's.....What a Face....
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:50 am

Bro, you need to work la... you are bored from golf and annoyed that you have reach professional level...

please come back from yr retirement.
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 am

SD, today got time come to gym laaa... Lets burn some fats and convert that fat juice to muscle laaaa
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:18 am

hahaha fat juice

go SD go
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:19 am

edmuhamad wrote:
SD, today got time come to gym laaa... Lets burn some fats and convert that fat juice to muscle laaaa

Bro... Did you say to tell bro SD to burn his FATS?....What a Face....
I like, I like.....
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:21 am

GolfMan wrote:
edmuhamad wrote:

Bro... Did you say to tell bro SD to burn his FATS?....What a Face....
I like, I like.....

Lucky you didnt mention as love juice... ha ha ha....

SD,..... jia you....
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:25 am

Silver wrote:
hahaha fat juice

go SD go

Bro Silver.... U can also join SD.. The more the merrier... Play too much. Help!!! 7324
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:42 am

jeremykoh wrote:

just my tots...

Pro Jeremy,

Thanks for your comments. U and I different lah. U 33 years old I 63. Kekeke

U are right about my inconsistent swing. I think is partly due to tired body, lack of sleep, muscle ache, lousy stamina. That why I'm thinking to play less game (once a week) and spend the rest of the time to tune up and condition my body. This will hopefully help to make me a better golfer in the long run instead of playing and playing and end up developing bad swing habit due to body fatigue. 休息是为了走更长远的路. 你说对对吗?

Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:44 am

Daffu wrote:
Bro, you need to work la... you are bored from golf and annoyed that you have reach professional level...

please come back from yr retirement.

Bro,

I'm still waiting for u to recommend me into Shell lay..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play too much. Help!!!   Play too much. Help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Play too much. Help!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next