+2
rocky
wilsonang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wilsonang
wilsonang

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:38 am

Off Topic abit... Just want to seek some opinion about Masters Program in Singapore.

There are tonnes of schools offering MBA in Singapore so how do I choose one? Looking at MBA with Marketing...

Any advice on which school to choose and how to choose?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:43 am

I would suppose Executive MBA offered at NUS bah... of course there is also the one at INSEAD. I was considering taking it up until my interest ran out and got lazy. Razz

Might pick up the interest again in a years time... btw, good choice, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
wilsonang

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:53 am

NUS and Insead too expensive leh...

I looking more for those part time evening classes kind
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 am

What is MBA?

Is it Married But Available programme especially cater for ppl like Tiko Lau.. Question lol!

On a serious note, other than the local and French institution, you may consider those from US, like University of Chicago. But if cost is your main consideration, you may opt for those offer by Australian or UK institution.

Although I graduated from the School of Hard knocks, I personally feel that most graduate business study is quite similar in nature. The only difference is the brand name of the university. A few of my friends in RDG such as SD told me before that when you attend graduate school, you're there just to network. Hopefully can get to know and link up with some future business leaders of the world.

Harvard is Harvard not because of their well researched case study business journal but because it is one of the very few university that produce world-renowned global business leaders and their strong alumni network.

Hence, before you decide on which university to enrol, think again the reason why you want to enrol? Do you simply just want the education or the branding of the university and its network to help you in career advancement?

Similar to golf, if you use Titlist driver, Titlist fairway woods, Titlist forged iron, you're perceive to be a better player than one who carry a set of Yamaha.

But then again, once you start to play, it will be the result that counts. The boss doesn't care whether you're from Harvard or from an unknown university. They want only result and nothing else.

Haolina Ong said I veri lohso..better stop now.. Sleep

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 pm

swing2sky wrote:
What is MBA?

Is it Married But Available programme especially cater for ppl like Tiko Lau.. Question lol!

Are you referring to me ???.....where my lawyer number.... Masters Prog in SG 187888
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
What is MBA?

Are you referring to me ???.....where my lawyer number.... Masters Prog in SG 187888

Masters Prog in SG 974937
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 am

Well said S2S. Smile
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:30 pm

salty dog wrote:
Well said S2S. Smile

You also agreed that MBA is for Tiko Lau.. Masters Prog in SG 16911
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
wilsonang

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

looks like i need both the MBA...

anyway, looking to lecture in the later part of my life, thus, tinking of getting the toilet paper...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:50 am

I kindda agreed with S2S... in the end, MBA is MBA... whether its NUS or Insead or any other Auzzie or UK MBA. right?

hence the only difference is the 'prestige' of the university.

I, too, like u bro, had been toying with this idea of getting MBA for few years liao...
Maybe we can research n sign up together! hahaha
cheers
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
wilsonang

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 am

sure bro... maybe got group discount also... hahaha...

pm me soon yeah Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 am

My humble suggestion is that if anyone here ready to get his or her own MBA, please go ahead, do some research and fulfill your dream, don't let anyone stop you. Very Happy

Will always prayed for health, happiness and blessing for everyone here daily ! Very Happy

Ahemmmm....i am holding a Fellow in my own work related faculty Masters Prog in SG 293276
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masters Prog in SG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters Prog in SG   Masters Prog in SG Empty

Back to top Go down

Masters Prog in SG
Page 1 of 1