golfchowmk
Uncle Lau
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

SIA crew members warned over Facebook use Empty
PostSubject: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:19 pm

SIA crew members warned over Facebook use 400afp_sia
Several Singapore Airlines (SIA) cabin crew members have landed in hot soup after posting ”inappropriate” work-related messages on their personal Facebook accounts.

According to The Straits Times, SIA have served warning letters to those who have been caught sharing information such as details of duty roster, their allowances and grievances with customers on board the planes.

It also include posting messages on their unhappiness with peers and superiors. One crew member even talked about his or her experience assisting at a friend’s shop.

On one Facebook account checked by AFP, a woman calling herself an SIA flight attendant said she was “going to be upset” if she was called up for “lousy” flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Hong Kong on Airbus A380 super-jumbos.

“No fair… roster no good again… no fair,” said another account.

“So many flights.. So little Off Days.. I’m going crazy…” a third Facebook user remarked.

Although SIA did not implement a total Facebook ban, a spokesman confirmed that action has been taken against those caught for “inappropriate usage of social media.”

She said, “We do not have a policy which prohibits staff from participating in social media… But our policy is clear that they must not comment on work matters about business or customers.”

“This is to protect proprietary information as well as the privacy of other staff and our customers”, she added.

Many other companies, including government ministries, have guidelines in place on the use of social media.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) said, “Civil servants are allowed to participate in any media to share personal experiences on their hobbies, et cetera, that are not related to work if they do so responsibly in their own time and personal capacity.”

Steve Durbin, vice-president of sales and marketing at Information Security Forum told The Straits Times that the prevalence of social media and the widespread use by staff is a growing phenomenon that companies are trying to manage.

He added that a majority of companies are still finding ways to curb the widespread use of social media and instead proposed that companies tap on it for their own advantages.

“Switch this round, spend the time figuring out what benefits social media can bring, how the company can make use of these and then put in place guidelines that promote the positive use of this hugely powerful medium.”

What do you think? Does your company have a policy regarding the use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter? Do you think such a policy needs to be enforced, or would that curtail your personal freedom?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

My personal opinion is you happy you stay put,,, if you no shoik resign lor... hahhaha
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:01 pm

This proved my points that someone is looking at all forum and open media for any anti governments comments or private companys policy.... Shocked

A) Agencies are hired 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to monitor any Anti Governments groups. ( Thank You for keeping our cyberspace safe from this groups)

B) As for the Facebook case, rivals Air Stewardess group may have blow the whistle on their rival peers and superiors. This groups we call them (SaboKings or Queens)

Just my 2cents worth !

drunken
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm

My organisation recently tracked staff's internet usage, downright to the website surfed or facebook game played... Warning was even given to the top "players" cc their bosses... This move caught staff by surprise... In essence, we were told to exercise discretion, office resources to be utilised appropriately...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Like what our SAF taught us; wanna do anything also can, just don't get caught....

For me, I used to be on FB quite a fair bit. But ever since I join my current co, I'd abstained from it liao. hahah... bo pian, earn more must do more Razz
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Batman wrote:
Like what our SAF taught us; wanna do anything also can, just don't get caught....

For me, I used to be on FB quite a fair bit. But ever since I join my current co, I'd abstained from it liao. hahah... bo pian, earn more must do more Razz

Wow bro Batman, so you are trying to bring to our attention which part of your reply??? E earn more $$$...wana sponsor some prizes for our monthly medal??? cheers
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Hehe bro qispiker, last time I earn 1.2K nia leh... now 1.5K. So its more also mar...

Recently 1 of my colleague just asked me: how come u dun keep chat history on your MSN?.... I told him: Brother, this is co. laptop leh. U wanna me get fired for bad-mouthing MD vai MSN??? lol!

Anyway my standard not good enuf to join u guys for any games/ range/ tournaments.... so I'll just practice humble away bro Smile
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Batman wrote:
Hehe bro qispiker, last time I earn 1.2K nia leh... now 1.5K. So its more also mar...

Recently 1 of my colleague just asked me: how come u dun keep chat history on your MSN?.... I told him: Brother, this is co. laptop leh. U wanna me get fired for bad-mouthing MD vai MSN??? lol!

Anyway my standard not good enuf to join u guys for any games/ range/ tournaments.... so I'll just practice humble away bro Smile

bro batman, dnt worry abt standards nobody is here to judge you cos we are started from somewhere...i m not a gd player also...but do come n join us for fun n make more frens since u r in the forum already...take another step out and come for our range session on the 9th sept n support the east team ok? Laughing

cheers
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:01 am

Yeah batman. It's for the fun and friendship. Last two yrs I've played 2-3 times on green. This yr played 5! So it's an achievement for me. How good can I be playing so irregularly? But played for the fun and friendship!!!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 am

zephyr_bloom wrote:
My organisation recently tracked staff's internet usage, downright to the website surfed or facebook game played... Warning was even given to the top "players" cc their bosses... This move caught staff by surprise... In essence, we were told to exercise discretion, office resources to be utilised appropriately...

My company is slightly better. When the IT dept do the upgrade, they informed us that the internet will be monitored and limited to work related sites. Try your luck at your own risk.

Which is why I use my own laptop and mobile broadband... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Neutralgolfer wrote:
zephyr_bloom wrote:

My company is slightly better. When the IT dept do the upgrade, they informed us that the internet will be monitored and limited to work related sites. Try your luck at your own risk.

Which is why I use my own laptop and mobile broadband... What a Face

Your own company mah...it easy for you to surf the net.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Batman wrote:

For you batty !!!! I give you 5-5 ! swee bo ! Just join us and discover for yourself....we Reddotgolfers are down to earth, fun loving and we love one another.....really no joke !

SIA crew members warned over Facebook use 7324
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Batman wrote:

For you batty !!!! I give you 5-5 ! swee bo ! Just join us and discover for yourself....we Reddotgolfers are down to earth, fun loving and we love one another.....really no joke !

haha ... UL ... love one another when it involves JJ hor ... lol!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Batman wrote:

UL, I also want 5-5!!
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:30 am

Batman wrote:

if u play wth me, u will realise how gd u actually are...

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 am

s-killer wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Batman wrote:

haha ... UL ... love one another when it involves JJ hor ... lol!

Don't think too far bro ! JJ got high taste...... she a class on her own...cyclops
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:45 am

Seiko wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Batman wrote:

UL, I also want 5-5!!

For you bro....i give you 100-100....swee bo ??? pig
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:45 am

UL, U mean 100plus?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:48 am

mysticsea wrote:
Batman wrote:

No No ....you all play with me and knowing iam such a hopeless case, it will boost everyone moral UP ! A good example is Salty Dog....he giving up his last game, than he played with me on NSRCC NS Day ! I played like monitor lizard....he return 85 !!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:48 am

Seiko wrote:
UL, U mean 100plus?

Chill or on the rocks ? SIA crew members warned over Facebook use 288898
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

Fwah... steady UL... but hor, u give me 3-3 enuf liao.... 3 beers - 3 beers drunken
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 am

mysticsea wrote:

U too humble liao lar bro... I play 120s one leh affraid
anyway good or bad is just a number. Enjoyment is infinite
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:01 am

Batman wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Fwah... steady UL... but hor, u give me 3-3 enuf liao.... 3 beers - 3 beers drunken

Make it one jug lah ! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIA crew members warned over Facebook use   SIA crew members warned over Facebook use Empty

Back to top Go down

SIA crew members warned over Facebook use
Page 1 of 1