RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?

Go down 
+3
jazz_samz
pocketace
Uncle Lau
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? Empty
PostSubject: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Think my driver grip need to change, as it been 2 years already. Wanted to change to the multicompound type.....but mny advice that i should change to the rubber type. No

Now i am not sure which type is good for a driver grip. Like a Star @ heaven

Need help !!! Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? 229587
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:28 pm

UL, the multi compound type is the best of corded and rubber grip
great for wet weather and yet soft enuf to use.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:48 am

Change to the safest rubber bro. Duxxx. Laughing

I would go for multi-compound though

Last edited by jazz_samz on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 am

I prefer rubber grip.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 am

Sweaty palms? If yes, go for full corded or multi-compound.

Tour velvet is the most basic grip one can have. Nothing really special and the grip is not very tacky. I would not recommend it.

Tour wrap is a preference. Some like it, some don't. It depends on the individual.

Of course, if your hands are large like mine, go for mid-sized grips. However, choice of colours are very limited.

There is also a choice between ribbed or round grips. Ribbed is v-shaped along the fingers. Gives the feeling that your right index finger is curled up.

My recommendation would be to go for Multi-compound (BLUE). It is very durable and BLUE is the colour of our team.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:23 am

It also depends on what type of gloves you are using. Leather, synthetic or microfibre. Each type will perform differently on the types of grip. The most important is to be able to do its job...hold the club during your full swing. Leather/sunthetic gloves with rubber grip may slip off when it's wet.

Multi-compound is the latest technology which is the combo of materials so that it may suit different types of gloves. So is the microfibre glove which gives good grip with dry and wet weather. Both are designed for all weather conditions.

Just my 2 cents, Happy shopping!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks everyone ! Like Rocky said, Blue is Central Team color, will go look for the multicompound type..... Basketball
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
It also depends on what type of gloves you are using. Leather, synthetic or microfibre. Each type will perform differently on the types of grip. The most important is to be able to do its job...hold the club during your full swing. Leather/sunthetic gloves with rubber grip may slip off when it's wet.

Multi-compound is the latest technology which is the combo of materials so that it may suit different types of gloves. So is the microfibre glove which gives good grip with dry and wet weather. Both are designed for all weather conditions.

Just my 2 cents, Happy shopping!!

Bro, mind sharing what are the gloves with microfibre? I have been using FJ tropi-cool since day one, and its very comfortble for me, but not very good when wet.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:22 am

The microfibre type is like velvet... cloth like... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Thanks everyone ! Like Rocky said, Blue is Central Team color, will go look for the multicompound type..... Basketball

YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?   Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver grip, rubber type or multicompound ?
Page 1 of 1