RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.

Go down 
    +8
    jazz_samz
    Uncle Lau
    bro_edi
    Lamts18
    swing2sky
    RedPhoenix
    moi
    badboy
    12 posters
    AuthorMessage
    badboy
    badboy

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. Empty
    PostSubject: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 am

To: All GolferS, MUST READ - HEALTH HAZEL- ALERT
    Subject: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.

No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents. Hmmm. Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess its not too late to make some changes

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) MUST READ!!!
    Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.

Open the windows after you enter your car and turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.

Here's why:

According to a research, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin
    (carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).

In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer.

Can also cause miscarriage.

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50mg per sq.ft. A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene.

If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.

People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

Thought:

'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'
    Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    moi
    Committee
    moi

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 am

As soon as i enter the car, i turn on engine first follow by air-con. Should be fine rite?
    Back to top Go down
    RedPhoenix
    Highly Valued Member
    Highly Valued Member
    RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 am

Thank you Badboy for the article...I'm glad that I always switch off the a/c and open the windows after starting the car bounce bounce
    Back to top Go down
    swing2sky
    Chief Moderator
    Chief Moderator
    swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:13 am

moi wrote:
    As soon as i enter the car, i turn on engine first follow by air-con. Should be fine rite?

I thought you lights up with entering... Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. 16911
    Back to top Go down
    Lamts18
    Familiar Face
    Familiar Face
    Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks for the article .... interesting read ....
    Back to top Go down
    bro_edi
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member
    bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 am

And once awhile, I will turn on the heater and let it run for 5 - 15 mins with all windows & doors closed.
    p.s. don;t stay in the car k, wait outside have a smoke or 2 :-) or practice
    ur chipping swing. :-)

What it does is , the heat will kill the nastu germs in ur aircon ventilation ducts & also sometimes kills off the smelly odour!
    (Read it on the internet, long long time ago!)

cheers
    Back to top Go down
    badboy
    badboy

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:35 am

hi guys by right one of my golfer friend have mail is to me so i copy and paste . lah my english not tat good lah...

cheers
    badboy Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Uncle Lau
    Chief Moderator
    Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for sharing bro ! Remember you owe me a game ah ! 8)
    Back to top Go down
    jazz_samz
    RDG Top Contributer
    RDG Top Contributer
    jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 pm

hey!! Read this from email circular some time back... After reading it, I decided to follow the advice.... just in case... Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Uncle Lau
    Chief Moderator
    Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Your car got aircon meh ? Shocked
    Back to top Go down
    Snowman
    Established Member
    Established Member
    Snowman

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 pm

For me, life is short. I always do things the most convenient way. If this cannot, that cannot, i really will not enjoy my life to the fullest.
    Back to top Go down
    Uncle Lau
    Chief Moderator
    Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:13 pm

True my fren, but if some tips we can take or follow thus extending our lives....we enjoy a little bit more .... cyclops
    Back to top Go down
    Neutralgolfer
    RDG Top Contributer
    RDG Top Contributer
    Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

I thought this was a hoax...let me find out the email and double confirm... Shocked
    Back to top Go down
    Uncle Lau
    Chief Moderator
    Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

We, Old Boys Clubs always wind down the window, move about a mion or two than swtich on aircom and wind up the windows. 1st/ it clear the heat, 2nd / it not so taxing on the car aircon !

8)
    Back to top Go down
    JieJie
    Committee
    JieJie

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

huh... i always do that leh... cos the weather's so hot!!
    Back to top Go down
    jazz_samz
    RDG Top Contributer
    RDG Top Contributer
    jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

no lah.. won't tax a/c..... only tax singaporean.. kkekekkke

Its perfectly fine and ok to blast your a/c immediately after you start your car when it was parked under the blazing sun.
    However, its advisable NOT TO do the same should you be starting your car at the beginning of the day.
    Back to top Go down
    Daffu
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member
    Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:13 pm

I dont think i can agree with contents. Partly there are 2 part of it. One is exposure to benzene, this i dont doubt but its under the context over exposure, in which happens in extreme cases. Seconds is that the construct of car dashboard, sofa, air freshener are polymers, they dont emit Benzene. They have been treated repeatedly that the carbon chains are so different that emit Benzene would be a difficult process by itself. Notably, Benzene is a highly flammable substances.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.   Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. Empty

Back to top Go down

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) - Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.
    Page 1 of 1