Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Yo Yo Yo!!!!
After last Thursday's range, for the 2nd week running, the joint of my right hand thumb seems to hurt.... but it is okay after a day or two.... dunno if it is because I gripping of my right hand to the club is too hard or is it because I occasionally digged too hard on the mat.... hmm... must be more conscious in my next range outing to see if this problem comes back..

I do have friends who strained their back, twisted knee, that caused them to stay away from golf for a while....

Thought it would be interesting and beneficial to hear more about golf related injury (not using the club hit ppl kind of injury hor). How did you treat it? How did you prevent it?
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:10 pm

I heard my back(left) when i started golf due to incorrect follow-thru. Pain for 3 months. Injury due to golf Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:33 am

moi™ wrote:
I heard my back(left) when i started golf due to incorrect follow-thru. Pain for 3 months. Injury due to golf Icon_cry

You 'heard your back'...and do you 'heard' your back telling you to lose money to me.. Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:36 am

swing2sky wrote:
moi™ wrote:

You 'heard your back'...and do you 'heard' your back telling you to lose money to me.. Embarassed lol!

Correction. Hurt.
Now you hurt my heart and i gonna hurt your wallet tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 am

Few years ago, my spinal cord shifted due to over swing and I had to undergo intensive physiotherapy to push it back in place. Other injuries was wrist and shoulder. Happens cos when I hit the mat instead of making of a clean sweep.
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 am

mariateo wrote:
Few years ago, my spinal cord shifted due to over swing and I had to undergo intensive physiotherapy to push it back in place. Other injuries was wrist and shoulder. Happens cos when I hit the mat instead of making of a clean sweep.

That was scary. Hope u are fully well now.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:47 am

moi, tks u. I m i m. but now instead of hitting 300 balls i rather hit 100 quality balls.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:25 am

Ouch!!! Good to hear u recovered. But I'm sure the process was long. Yeah, Quality ball is the word.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 am

My injuries are mainly from my work related ! For golf so far once a while my back and my left wrist. Nothing serious, Thanks God !.... i just rest and take a longer sleep. cheers

Guess we all must warm up and cool down after each games. And now i started to wear Ace Compression suit, i feel so much better...but score still the same ! 8)

UL

Wink

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 am

Nowadays i try to buy only 100balls for range. Hitting too many will sometimes worsen your swing.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 am

Quality shot is always and will always be better than quantity shots.... bom
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 am

swing2sky wrote:
Quality shot is always and will always be better than quantity shots.... bom

Yes one Quality Golf Forum (reddotgolfers) is better than Quantily............ Injury due to golf 7324
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Injury due to golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury due to golf   Injury due to golf Empty

Back to top Go down

Injury due to golf
Page 1 of 1