bro_edi
mariateo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

When is the time to get a new driver? Empty
PostSubject: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

Any suggestions? My driver is 13 degree loft abt 4yrs + very tempted to change to 10.5 degree.... but should I....
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:02 pm

If you are interested, I do have a 10.5 degree Titleist D2 driver.
Only use it, on the range... do check it out at the marketplace.
Can discount ... ;-) !

cheers
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Good question. I also dunno the answer.
I guess, it's when we feel that we've improved or that we've bought into the marketing hype! hahaha.. Or if our wallets are too heavy

Actually the newer driver designs are more forgiving .i.e they distance and direction loss are less on off-center hits.

Not sure why you are using a 13* driver. Maybe it's due to your swing speed or angle of attack. But you might benefit from visiting a friendly clubfitter to check out the performance before deciding on equipment change. No point spending money on equipment that does not improve your game, unless it makes you happy just seeing new stuff in your bag; in that case.. just go for it! albino
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 pm

good point... but u r right Razz it's nice to see something new in my bag lol!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 pm

If your swing speed have improves and a new Driver nowadays are quite reasonable, Why Not ! life is short !

8)
Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
If your swing speed have improves and a new Driver nowadays are quite reasonable, Why Not ! life is short !

8)

BUT U R STILL USING YOUR "OLD" GOLF SET leh...... When is the time to get a new driver? 472247 When is the time to get a new driver? 472247 When is the time to get a new driver? 472247
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 pm

z101 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

8)

BUT U R STILL USING YOUR "OLD" GOLF SET leh...... When is the time to get a new driver? 472247 When is the time to get a new driver? 472247 When is the time to get a new driver? 472247

My driver about a year old, my irons sets i quite happy with it as it a very easy irons to hit. May get a semi blade irons when i could break 90 lor !

afro
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Well I do agree if u find yr driver limiting yr game, u might go shop ard for one. There are so many new techie stuff that should help improve yr game and they r More forgiving.
U should go to those demo sessions to try out the clubs or to a place to try out, then shop around for the best deals.
Unless u r a pro or hv deep pockets, I would always do what most of the gang here do, buy the driver that is 2 release old as the r priced better. Newly launch drivers should dip down after 3-6 months. Not the latest newest launched drivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is the time to get a new driver?   When is the time to get a new driver? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is the time to get a new driver?
Page 1 of 1