Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
slinger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
slinger

Keppel  Course Layout Empty
PostSubject: Keppel Course Layout   Keppel  Course Layout EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:59 am

since i wrote this for some event twr, i might as well benefit all u guys/gals here....

hole 1: Par 4, 300-310m : Left bunker (230m), right bunker (220m), right OB, left forest, hit to 200-210m for wider fairway, left abt 100-100m approach up the hill to the green, so up club for approach, green has both left n right bunkers protecting it, 2 tier green

hole 2: Par 4, 400m : index hole, dogleg left, right OB, left forest, u need to carry 200m to clear the dogleg, if not u cant see the green, approach is a downhill shot to the green, quite severe gradient, need to adjust your irons, left of green is water, right bunker, but huge green.... members' hole, so play smart

hole 3: Par 4, 370m : index hole, slight dogleg left, right OB (Reflection condo), water left until abt 30m from the green, bunkers protecting the green, this hole hold premium in both 1st n 2nd shot, dun make mistakes, can be punishing....

hole 4: Par 3, 170-180m : Huge 2 tier green, just go for fat of green....

hole 5: Par 5, 430m : Short par 5, slight dogleg right, left fairways got 3 bunkers, 200m to be short of these bunkers, trees on the right, 2nd short just layup to your ideal distance, but dun go too left n too right (left forest n right are tall trees), also have green bunkers.... i have learnt not to cheong this hole

hole 6: Par 3, 150-160m : Need to carry over the pond, green is shallow, hit high land soft...

hole 7: Par 4, 300m : Right OB, left are trees, play to your ideal 2nd shot distance, slightly uphill, bunlers left n right of green, just find fairway on your tee-off, u should be ok...

hole 8: Par 4, 290m : (not too sure abt this hole) Right OB, left forest, hitting uphill from the teebox, again must find fairway, if miss fairway, miss to the left, right of green is OB, dun miss your appraoch to the right, sure OB cos the hill slopes to the right....

hole 9: Par 5, 500m : Tight fairway, left forest, right hazard from tee to green, as usual, just find fairway with whatever club u are most comfortable, as for the 2nd shot, left of fairway is a pond at the 130m, dun think its a open field hor, pick the right club, for the approach shot, water streams across the green and there is a bunker between the water n the green....

i only use driver on hole 2 n hole 3, rest is 3w n 5w for the par 4s n 5s, dun let penalties cost u the holes, i have learnt not to be gung-ho in keppel..... last note, i always bring more balls for keppel
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Keppel  Course Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Course Layout   Keppel  Course Layout EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks bro ! It would useful for me as next year i will challenge it again....two years played 103 and 105 Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Keppel Course Layout
Page 1 of 1