jazz_samz
Uncle Lau
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

The new groove rule & you Empty
PostSubject: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Someone send me this articles on Grooves Ruling, so should i change my wedges ? cyclops

* The USGA has created a new rule to limit the backspin performance of grooves on lofted clubs. The rule downsizes groove volume and limits edge sharpness for all grooves manufactured after January 1, 2010 so they're equal to or less than the previously approved V-groove dimensions. PGA Tour players must use wedges conforming to the rule beginning 1/1/10. The ruling will decrease backspin and increase stopping distances pros typically achieve from grassy lies, and place more of a premium on hitting fairways.

How does the new rule affect you? If you're an amateur who wants more backspin, you realize the grooves you play determine the third factor in your backspin equation and the stopping distances you achieve on greens. In this regard the USGA has been lenient. The rule gives amateurs (who don't play in Major/USGA events) a choice of which grooves to play until at least 2024. If you want to maximize your short-game backspin, you can legally play with box or U-groove wedges (manufactured prior to 1/1/10) until 2024, or maybe forever. On the other hand, if you play with any wedge manufactured after 1/1/10 (like the pros will be doing), it must have grooves with spin performance at or below V-groove levels. This will limit you to mediocre spin performance. The USGA leaves this groove choice up to you.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Siow ah.... No need to change unless u participating in an official tournament. For RDG tournament, it only applies to you. HahHh
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Basket. Admin. Must ban UL using emoticons. Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
LazySwinger
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
LazySwinger

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 am

New grooves rules will apply if you plan to appear in golf channel type tournaments from now on. If not, don't bother. Spin anyway you like man Smile
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks you Bro Uncle Lau....
Me abt to spend $$$ liao lor.....Crying or Very sad
Got to change my two wedges lor....wow lau.....sian la.....
Try so hard and got to change.....
Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Someone send me this articles on Grooves Ruling, so should i change my wedges ? The new groove rule & you Icon_cyclops

The new groove rule & you Icon_eek

YES... 2024.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 am

LazySwinger wrote:
New grooves rules will apply if you plan to appear in golf channel type tournaments from now on. If not, don't bother. Spin anyway you like man Smile

Thanks bro ! Now i could buaya people in peace ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
LazySwinger wrote:

Thanks bro ! Now i could buaya people in peace ! Twisted Evil

honesty is the best policy!!! UL admitting to be a BUAYA!!!
Back to top Go down
badboy
badboy

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:33 am

hi sweet sweet guys
as new rule with the club Groove show as below web
What a Face
http://www.randa.org/rules/equipment/notices/13089
than click as below .
Groove Geometry Decision Notice.doc
2010 Groove Specifications.doc
8)
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 am

z101 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Someone send me this articles on Grooves Ruling, so should i change my wedges ? The new groove rule & you Icon_cyclops

The new groove rule & you Icon_eek

YES... 2024.

2024 i only 48.
Back to top Go down
badboy
badboy

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am

only Golfman have change the new wedges, that i know he will be playing for he club . farao
Back to top Go down
badboy
badboy

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 am

Golfman if u wish to give away your old wedges pls think giving to me ok Keke .. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new groove rule & you   The new groove rule & you Empty

Back to top Go down

The new groove rule & you
Page 1 of 1