RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver

Go down 
+3
Neutralgolfer
Uncle Lau
AT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver Empty
PostSubject: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 am

- do anyone here in RDG did this before?
- what is the damage? (vios)
- how long will it takes?
- any recommendation?

Thank you for any input. Smile alien
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 am

Calling Kookk.......i only like my car White.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 am

I think it depends on what kind of paint you are looking at.

High quality metallic paint will cost $2-3k, 3 layers and with proper oven drying. Normal silver paint maybe $1-2K. Usually will take 2-3 days or longer.

Re-spray job will never be like factory painted, so be prepared for some minor let down.

Also don't forget to write to LTA for approval.

Maybe DK175 can recommend some paint shop.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 am

depending on where u r doing the paint job...
in sg can range fm $1.5k to $3k... in jb almost the same but in ringgit...
note that for the color to stay, oven is a must... no oven dun do, sure regret...
as for the color change, if law din change; no need go lta, go the normal npp can do the paperwk liao... cheers...
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am

Unless paint work is in a really terrible condition, try to save money and not respray the car la.

If paint work can be salvage, send it to a good groomer.
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am

How about trying out those covers/stickers, a friend of mine tried it for sg1k plus.

Normally, in matt black
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 am

stickers may look good when new but after some time.....

I saw one car with faded stickers...it looks terrible...
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kookk

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 am

Matt black for cars sucks!

Sorry, just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
sdt
Established Member
Established Member
sdt

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 am

question is that do you have time to maintain the Black Color? Or you will spend more money to wax & Shine??????
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:40 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
I think it depends on what kind of paint you are looking at.

High quality metallic paint will cost $2-3k, 3 layers and with proper oven drying. Normal silver paint maybe $1-2K. Usually will take 2-3 days or longer.

Re-spray job will never be like factory painted, so be prepared for some minor let down.

Also don't forget to write to LTA for approval.

Maybe DK175 can recommend some paint shop.

XIE XIE nI Smile
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 am

mysticsea wrote:
depending on where u r doing the paint job...
in sg can range fm $1.5k to $3k... in jb almost the same but in ringgit...
note that for the color to stay, oven is a must... no oven dun do, sure regret...
as for the color change, if law din change; no need go lta, go the normal npp can do the paperwk liao... cheers...

xie xie NI Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AT
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
AT

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:46 am

sdt wrote:
question is that do you have time to maintain the Black Color? Or you will spend more money to wax & Shine??????

time to maintain...hmm... i dun think so. Used to do hand wash/wax in the early 1-2yrs of ownership, after that, drove in to kiosk washing station and pay $6-7 to get it done. This is me Twisted Evil - Lazy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver   Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver Empty

Back to top Go down

Re: having intention to change my car color from metallis black to metallic silver or normal silver
Page 1 of 1