rocky
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rocky
Committee
rocky

This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread Empty
PostSubject: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:15 am

This week I keep getting SPAM SMS from this number...

+65 84604547

Messages like "Need money", "Need friends", etc... call 81913619 Jack.

I hate SPAM SMS!!!!
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:29 am

now they cannot advertise the service on paper.... dats y they do all this method
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:31 am

Another one... +65 8196 4277

"New Finance Company, 100% Approval, no income prove require - CATS 81964277, 81962755"

Take note of all these numbers!!!!

I HATE SPAM SMS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:59 am

Rocky once they get hold of your number, its damm expensive when you are overseas. The spams kept coming in and you have to pay for the smses you received from them. Mine all mostly come from bloody property agents !!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:19 am

I got blank messages from this number: 8926-8739.

When I map it to the letters, it means U-WANT-SEX. This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 827782
Back to top Go down
mox
mox

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 am

i hate span sms too.

often during meetings i check my phone when it buzzes thinking it is important and it turns out to be some ad for property or financing or telco and even purportedly winning sweepstakes 1st prize!
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:29 am

nutty88 wrote:

When I map it to the letters, it means U-WANT-SEX. This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 827782

Wah... only you can think of mapping out the numbers. You do that for other things also??? Otherwise how you can think of mapping it??? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:01 am

Another one came in... New Finance Company +65 81962755
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am

Spiderman wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

Wah... only you can think of mapping out the numbers. You do that for other things also??? Otherwise how you can think of mapping it??? Twisted Evil

Try mapping this number: 83825633
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

nutty88 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

Try mapping this number: 83825633

How to map huh?? Teach lay.
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

rocky wrote:
This week I keep getting SPAM SMS from this number...

+65 84604547

Messages like "Need money", "Need friends", etc... call 81913619 Jack.

I hate SPAM SMS!!!!

I don't need money but i need friends lay, but not with name like Jack. So how??? pig
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 am

This is easy
83825633 = UF***MEE

Basically phone pad mapping is:

2 = ABC
3 = DEF
4 = GHI
and so on...

Look at your traditional phones and you will understand what I am talking about. Most home phones (land lines) still have the keys printed on them.
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Oic. Tks. I guess uncle like me too old to know all these youngster trick. This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 16911
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:09 pm

You know, usually this spam mail have a "UN" to unsubscribe. Do this really work if you reply "UN" as stated to unsubscribe or does it only attract more spam mails?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:46 am

rocky wrote:
This is easy
83825633 = UF***MEE

2 = ABC
3 = DEF
4 = GHI
and so on...

Look at your traditional phones and you will understand what I am talking about. Most home phones (land lines) still have the keys printed on them.

Wow, Rocky, you smart man but unfortunately you didnt get the last 3 letters right..

It should be U-FxxK-OFF. This was for Tituman by the way. This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 827782
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 am

nutty88 wrote:
rocky wrote:
This is easy
83825633 = UF***MEE

2 = ABC
3 = DEF
4 = GHI
and so on...

Wow, Rocky, you smart man but unfortunately you didnt get the last 3 letters right..

It should be U-FxxK-OFF. This was for Tituman by the way. This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 827782

Tsk tsk....nutty.. why like that??? scratch I joke joke only leh. jocolor Ok la. Next time we play, you don't have to give me our regular 5-5 la. I step back and take just 3-3 to maintain our relationship okie??? Swee boh? This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread 358550
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 am

wow, Titu, sure or not? Asking for 3-3? Seems like you have really improved a lot. Ok lah, on you. 3-3 on index 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
frederick
frederick

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:25 am

Spiderman wrote:
You know, usually this spam mail have a "UN" to unsubscribe. Do this really work if you reply "UN" as stated to unsubscribe or does it only attract more spam mails?
[b]

Yes it works when u reply "un"... I an a realtor myself and I also receive many unwanted smses and I unsubscribe smses which are not important to me. I received so much lesser sms now. Under IDA, there must be an option for consumer to unsubscribe otherwise u can also flag it.

Hope this helps...

Frederick
Back to top Go down
http://www.BizzSpace.com
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 am

Bro Frederick,

How do I report this to IDA? Have you done it before? Because I tried to UN a few times, and it will SPAM me the same message from another number. I am getting very disturbed from all these SMS... Sad

Rocky
Back to top Go down
frederick
frederick

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 am

rocky wrote:
Bro Frederick,

How do I report this to IDA? Have you done it before? Because I tried to UN a few times, and it will SPAM me the same message from another number. I am getting very disturbed from all these SMS... Sad

Rocky

Hi Rocky Bro...

I know its frustrating... but my advise is "dun get sucked into it"... "spend" your energy on better things. (No, i have not tried reporting, they are just running a business) There are many operators outside, you cant stop them all... Just reply "UN"... you wont stop all but you will stop most!

Look at the bright side... you are popular and they feel you can afford the products/services, that's why they message you. "Snag them by replying "UN"... ha ha ha... Do a Donald Trump.

Frederick
Back to top Go down
http://www.BizzSpace.com
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 am

Good advise frederick, just do more productive things like arrange golfing with kakis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member
Spiderman

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm

frederick wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
[b]

Yes it works when u reply "un"... I an a realtor myself and I also receive many unwanted smses and I unsubscribe smses which are not important to me. I received so much lesser sms now. Under IDA, there must be an option for consumer to unsubscribe otherwise u can also flag it.

Hope this helps...

Frederick

Hi Fred Tks for the info.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Best way to do it is to install a software on your phone that can blacklist numbers and add this nuisance numbers to the blacklist. This will block off the calls and smses.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 am

bro nutty, do you know the app?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 am

rocky wrote:
bro nutty, do you know the app?

The name of the app is BLACKLIST and I am assuming you are iPhone. Try google and you should be able to find a list of apps that can do the trick.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread   This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread Empty

Back to top Go down

This is the I hate SPAM SMS thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next