RedPhoenix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

Do you use golf training aids? Empty
PostSubject: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am

I was clearing my cupboard and lo and behold...found a few training aids when I just took up the game. I had an impact bag, a medicine ball, a swing rite club all of them still usable but in 'cold' storage Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861

It would be interesting to know what kind of training aids do you have and what are they used for? Please share Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 am

I think that about sums up the difference between good golfers and poor golfers. Sis u belong to the former while me the latter. I never use any aids that's why my game is not improving bah. Sad
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 am

jazz_samz wrote:
I think that about sums up the difference between good golfers and poor golfers. Sis u belong to the former while me the latter. I never use any aids that's why my game is not improving bah. Sad

jazz_samz, don't sell yourself short, having training dosen't mean anything if you don't put them to good use, it's just gathering dust.... No No

I felt that with training aids, I could do help increase my muscle memory (with the golf swing etc) because of this there's-no-short-cut-in-golf ...thing Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 am

RedPhoenix wrote:
I was clearing my cupboard and lo and behold...found a few training aids when I just took up the game. I had an impact bag, a medicine ball, a swing rite club all of them still usable but in 'cold' storage Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861

It would be interesting to know what kind of training aids do you have and what are they used for? Please share Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861

i thought u wanna give away your training aid.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 am

JieJie wrote:
RedPhoenix wrote:

i thought u wanna give away your training aid.... Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 am

JJ wana Keok liu Lian. (pick up durian).

RP. Well said. I totally agree with yr reasoning. Not that u needed too. Ü
I think using aids also help to condition the specific muscle area that helps condition that area so as to avoid injury. Am I right? Wow u seem to be pretty discipline in conditioning and training yrself. Pei fu pei fu. Maybe i should find something to help me with my slghtly problem.
Are u able to advice what should I do to improve the strength at my right elbow to my triceps (not much of it though). It still seems sore from my range 2 Thursdays back where I hit the mat on certain swings trying to do a strong cross over at impact that I think it strained that area. Now tak ko yok but not feeling any better.
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

jazz_samz wrote:
Maybe i should find something to help me with my slghtly problem.

u don't keke indirectly also trying to kio liu lian...
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

Jazz, to train your elbow to your triceps, just hit the mat many more times...then your body will generate resistance muscles and tell you not hit it again. Next time you will be super hitter liao... Do you use golf training aids? 16911
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 pm

jazz_samz wrote:
JJ wana Keok liu Lian. (pick up durian).

RP. Well said. I totally agree with yr reasoning. Not that u needed too. Ü
I think using aids also help to condition the specific muscle area that helps condition that area so as to avoid injury. Am I right? Wow u seem to be pretty discipline in conditioning and training yrself. Pei fu pei fu. Maybe i should find something to help me with my slghtly problem.
Are u able to advice what should I do to improve the strength at my right elbow to my triceps (not much of it though). It still seems sore from my range 2 Thursdays back where I hit the mat on certain swings trying to do a strong cross over at impact that I think it strained that area. Now tak ko yok but not feeling any better.

Hi jazz_samz, you're right about conditioning specific muscle group to avoid injury. I am disciplined about conditioning cos I've had golf injuries before and took a long time to recover.

I can provide you with some ideas of what you can do to help strengthen your arm muscles and will PM you. Remember that hitting onto the mat improperly or excessively maybe bring about 'tennis elbow' and if it's not sorted out will become chronic (lau mao ping). If you're still feeling sore for 2 weeks, you should rest the affected area, take a break from playing/practicing and fill that gap with strength/resistance training as well as stretching. Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223

Take care and hope you feel better Do you use golf training aids? 924858 Do you use golf training aids? 924858
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah. I think mine is sort of tennis elbow. I got that too when playing tennis in my teens. Any method to accelerate recovery sis?
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm

jazz_samz wrote:
Yeah. I think mine is sort of tennis elbow. I got that too when playing tennis in my teens. Any method to accelerate recovery sis?

You need to rest the affected arm so that the recovery can be complete. Besides rest, you can go see a physiotherapist who can recommend some treatment eg ultrasound/heat to help speed up recovery. My neighbour had the same problem bcos he kept practising at home hitting on a mat, he finally gave up golf altogether as he felt that his arm cannot fully recover! So, please take care! Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:07 pm

wah... so serious ah...

Ok... after 1-April, I better abstain for awhile... Sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Sis RP, if you don't or seldom uses your training aids, do you mind if you loan us to train ?

Do you use golf training aids? 924858
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 am

jazz_samz wrote:
wah... so serious ah...

Ok... after 1-April, I better abstain for awhile... Sad

Hey jazz_samz, golf injury or any other sports injury is serious you know, and must take care to recover/recuperate properly Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Sis RP, if you don't or seldom uses your training aids, do you mind if you loan us to train ?

Do you use golf training aids? 924858

UL maybe RD can start a workout/range session? Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 30223 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 300861 Do you use golf training aids? 187888 Do you use golf training aids? 187888 Do you use golf training aids? 187888
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:56 am

Bro Jazz you are the real Do you use golf training aids? 68829

You say you only play 1-2 times a year, how can you get the elbow problem? Must be training super long then get this injury. Do you use golf training aids? 48133 Do you use golf training aids? 16911
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:

You say you only play 1-2 times a year, how can you get the elbow problem? Must be training super long then get this injury. Do you use golf training aids? 48133 Do you use golf training aids? 16911

I range weekly bro. Ü that's why I hit mat lah
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:

Bro Neutralgolfer, don't need to say it out so upfront lah! Everyone in RDG knows that Bro JS is the latest buaya addition but we didn't spell it out so clearly like u... Do you use golf training aids? 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:15 am

Seiko wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

Bro Neutralgolfer, don't need to say it out so upfront lah! Everyone in RDG knows that Bro JS is the latest buaya addition but we didn't spell it out so clearly like u... Do you use golf training aids? 16911

bro seiko....i don't agreed you you with many things.....BUT THIS STATEMENT YOU MAKE .....I FULLY AGREED WITH YOU THAT JS IS A SUPER BUAYA !

lol!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 am

!%$^#!&#*@&^ win liao loh... (keybd pai liao.. haha)

1-Apr u all judge for yourselves loh..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 pm

1st April you play with all beginner like seiko, A4 and steve....you sure sapu everythings including their underwear lah ! You Do you use golf training aids? 68829

Do you use golf training aids? 396268
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Ya ya...... They sapu me more likely..... Cos you all over-rated mua...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use golf training aids?   Do you use golf training aids? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you use golf training aids?
Page 1 of 1