RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zephyr_bloom
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
zephyr_bloom

Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Empty
PostSubject: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi,

Because of my PC holder status, i experienced some difficulties in "admitting" myself to local golf courses over the recent public holiday. Hence, i am endeavouring towards getting a hcp. Unfortunately, I am totally blur in this and I like to seek advice here.

1. I am not a member of any local club. Which Association or Society is recommended to join? I am looking at value-for-money when it comes to maintaining hcp and enjoying good golfing rates at local courses. Preferably, i do not have to participate monthly medal games as one of the obligations to stay as member. I am also looking for one that does not require me to "solicit" for proposer and seconder (who are already members of the Association/Society) in order to join (because none of my friends are members of local golf associations/societies).

2. What should I expect in a HCP test? How would I be tested and how shld I prepare for it?

3. Which avenue is one of the easiest route to getting a pass? Can PM me if it is sensitive to discuss here... I am not hoping to take a short-cut or a lazy way out but i'm afraid to "kena" super "niao" tester. It's just that I tend to "keel over" when under pressure/scruntiny. As I grow older, I seem to have less gumption...

Pardon my ignorance... And thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
BGLeeJohn

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 am

Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:12 am

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi,

Because of my PC holder status, i experienced some difficulties in "admitting" myself to local golf courses over the recent public holiday. Hence, i am endeavouring towards getting a hcp. Unfortunately, I am totally blur in this and I like to seek advice here.

1. I am not a member of any local club. Which Association or Society is recommended to join? I am looking at value-for-money when it comes to maintaining hcp and enjoying good golfing rates at local courses. Preferably, i do not have to participate monthly medal games as one of the obligations to stay as member. I am also looking for one that does not require me to "solicit" for proposer and seconder (who are already members of the Association/Society) in order to join (because none of my friends are members of local golf associations/societies).

2. What should I expect in a HCP test? How would I be tested and how shld I prepare for it?

3. Which avenue is one of the easiest route to getting a pass? Can PM me if it is sensitive to discuss here... I am not hoping to take a short-cut or a lazy way out but i'm afraid to "kena" super "niao" tester. It's just that I tend to "keel over" when under pressure/scruntiny. As I grow older, I seem to have less gumption...

For your case, my advice to you is to join My Golf Kaki. Pay a little bit more but hassle FREE (submit one score card per year). SSG will be value for $$$ but has to participate their monthly medal (min 4x per year) which sometime quite troublesome as their FALL IN time is beri early (6.30am) so has to wake up beri early..... hahaha.. Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_tongue Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_tongue Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 am

There is another... AA Golf Network.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 am

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi,

Options are My golf kaki, SSG, SGA, or AA Golf network

There is an open book theory test and a courtesy round to test yr golf etiquette. If you've displayed proper golf etiquette and understanding of the golf rules, you should be fine even if you play 120+

Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 am

Thanks all for the insights and advice. I am now trying to put in as much practice as I can. Burning a big hole in my pocket with all the weekend local games Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_sad

Having taken the swing test at MGBC recently, i realise i get cold feet very easily Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_pale Hopefully, i can maintain my cool during the hcp test. Fingers crossed very hard...
Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Thanks all for the insights and advice. I am now trying to put in as much practice as I can. Burning a big hole in my pocket with all the weekend local games Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_sad

Having taken the swing test at MGBC recently, i realise i get cold feet very easily Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Icon_pale Hopefully, i can maintain my cool during the hcp test. Fingers crossed very hard...

Join flight and dun play with your regular kakis.. this will fix your "cold feet" problem... Twisted Evil

I normally play better with strangers as i tend to be more serious..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?   Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice: How to go abt getting a handicap?
Page 1 of 1