11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

KK's dilemma and need some advice? Empty
PostSubject: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi,

Anyone know any drills that I can do on squaring clubs during my swing?

Last edited by Khorkar on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Limed
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Limed

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know any drills that I can do to practice the above....

Hit balls with half-way back and half way through.Try making sure that the balls you hit are flying straight. Upon impact, try looking at your right heel. If still cant help? Come see me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Alight your driver centre marking to your ball. make sure your driver face is facing the target and at 90 degree to you. Very Happy

Pity you didn't join the Army, if not you could be a marksman with the M16.

alien
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Limed wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Hi,

Hit balls with half-way back and half way through.Try making sure that the balls you hit are flying straight. Upon impact, try looking at your right heel. If still cant help? Come see me. Smile

Best advice from limed!!!
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 am

Khorkar wrote:
Hi,

Not sure whether the impact bag helps....
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Bro Limed. Thanks for the advice will try this coming weekend.

I some "bigger" issues now that I am trying to sort out with my swing besides squaring the club face. It is my chicken wing right hand that is causing me a lot of grieve. Sigh..

The story starts about two weeks ago, I notices that my swing have been rather strong after using my old Nakashima (NX1 with DGSL-Reg). Which gave me the confidence to go back to my primary set of Mizuno (MP57s with TX90 Reg) and it did work for awhile with short and mid iron (6-PW). My drivers (Cleveland on YS6+ Reg) was perfect, I was hitting shots on command and all going 190-200m, the best thing is that it was going straight. Woods and long iron was slice with a cut.

The problem came when I made some changes. I transferred YS6+ (Reg) to 3W and installed another YS6+ (Stiff) to the Driver. Boy, that kinda made me regret a bit... Sigh! I started cutting all Driver shots, the chicken wing right hand started appearing more frequently, I was slicing badly almost every shots with high ball flight on drivers. I occasionally hook left with very high ball flight. So much so that I was almost near to throwing my clubs into the Kukup pond... The irons that I hit felt weak and I lost distance. I can feel that I was using hand power to take my shots, especially right arm.

The problem was clear that i was forcing my swing so much that the brute arm strength took over instead smooth shoulder coil and release. Right hand chicken cause me to cast my clubs resulting to outside in swings.

Here's I need some honest advice:
- Is there any drills that I can get rid of the chicken wing habit?
- If I remove the chicken wing habit, will it cause automatic correction on my swing path to inside-out and casting?
- Is the YS6+ Stiff not suitable for my swing if I am forcing swings so much to use it?
- The YS6+ Reg works fine now on my 3W hitting 200m, should I switch back to my Driver instead?
- If I slow down my downward swing with smoother and 3/4 swing, should i maintain the use the YS6+ stiff the driver?

Appreciate everyone's view on the subject...

Last edited by Khorkar on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Wah. I ain't no pro ao would suggest u, my good brother to go to a pro with a simulator and swing analyser for their professional advice.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:22 am

jazz_samz wrote:
Wah. I ain't no pro ao would suggest u, my good brother to go to a pro with a simulator and swing analyser for their professional advice.

I agree with jazz_samz ....poor KK Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad There are some things you can't fix by yourself Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:15 am

I know I cant fix it all, but for seeing a pro for lessons will just have to wait a bit longer due cost. Have to save a bit due to ongoing commitment. I will just be content and make good with friends advice. Plus for me making a change to my swing takes ages, I doubt going to pro will solve the problem immediately.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:02 am

Maybe you should try an old club or yr friends stock irons without any shaft upgrades to see if it's really yr swing problem or yr new shaft is unsuitable for u.
Or video yr swing for irons and driver with two views. From the front and from the right side and post here. Maybe the better HCAP bros and sisters here can offer their observation and see what u r doing wrong. With visuals, it's always better
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:57 am

back to basics?
good luck bro!!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:21 am

OR... Ask idol GM if he can offer you any HL advice??? KK's dilemma and need some advice? 16911
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 pm

jazz_samz wrote:
OR... Ask idol GM if he can offer you any HL advice??? KK's dilemma and need some advice? 16911

Mr Haolian swing mechanic very different from Bro KK...instead of helping...maybe become worst...how... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Mr Haolian is too busy with all the event for this insignificant soul la...

Anyway, today. I listened and went back to basic... started from half swing, slowly trying to get 3/4 swing. Tested my setup all just trying to cure the slice. Even without chicken wing, I still couldn't shake away my slice. Even my swing path was corrected from out side-in to inside-out, slices still there...

Finally, after 200 ball, I tweaked the club release, I release that seem to work for irons and test it on my driver... balls went straight. Still testing this thought....
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Bro... good to hear that things are improving via yr self diagnosis.. BUT do consider taking a video shot... can analyse better...
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Mr Haolian is too busy with all the event for this insignificant soul la...

Anyway, today. I listened and went back to basic... started from half swing, slowly trying to get 3/4 swing. Tested my setup all just trying to cure the slice. Even without chicken wing, I still couldn't shake away my slice. Even my swing path was corrected from out side-in to inside-out, slices still there...

Finally, after 200 ball, I tweaked the club release, I release that seem to work for irons and test it on my driver... balls went straight. Still testing this thought....

Swee..keep it up.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Keep what up?? He trying to keep his arm down leh. Dun want chicken wing leh.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:49 pm

jazz_samz wrote:
Keep what up?? He trying to keep his arm down leh. Dun want chicken wing leh.

Keep his swing right lah...If he keep his swing up, he'll swing2sky liao.. Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:50 pm

No wonder... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Limed
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Limed

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 am

Khorkar wrote:
Bro Limed. Thanks for the advice will try this coming weekend.

I some "bigger" issues now that I am trying to sort out with my swing besides squaring the club face. It is my chicken wing right hand that is causing me a lot of grieve. Sigh..

The story starts about two weeks ago, I notices that my swing have been rather strong after using my old Nakashima (NX1 with DGSL-Reg). Which gave me the confidence to go back to my primary set of Mizuno (MP57s with TX90 Reg) and it did work for awhile with short and mid iron (6-PW). My drivers (Cleveland on YS6+ Reg) was perfect, I was hitting shots on command and all going 190-200m, the best thing is that it was going straight. Woods and long iron was slice with a cut.

The problem came when I made some changes. I transferred YS6+ (Reg) to 3W and installed another YS6+ (Stiff) to the Driver. Boy, that kinda made me regret a bit... Sigh! I started cutting all Driver shots, the chicken wing right hand started appearing more frequently, I was slicing badly almost every shots with high ball flight on drivers. I occasionally hook left with very high ball flight. So much so that I was almost near to throwing my clubs into the Kukup pond... The irons that I hit felt weak and I lost distance. I can feel that I was using hand power to take my shots, especially right arm.

The problem was clear that i was forcing my swing so much that the brute arm strength took over instead smooth shoulder coil and release. Right hand chicken cause me to cast my clubs resulting to outside in swings.

Here's I need some honest advice:
- Is there any drills that I can get rid of the chicken wing habit?
- If I remove the chicken wing habit, will it cause automatic correction on my swing path to inside-out and casting?
- Is the YS6+ Stiff not suitable for my swing if I am forcing swings so much to use it?
- The YS6+ Reg works fine now on my 3W hitting 200m, should I switch back to my Driver instead?
- If I slow down my downward swing with smoother and 3/4 swing, should i maintain the use the YS6+ stiff the driver?

Appreciate everyone's view on the subject...

Hi KK, from the above, you actually knows what is wrong with your driver. Your 3w now hits farther because the flex suits you and the loft give you more carry. For your chicken wing, you have to come and see me. I dont to explain here and later you get the wrong concept. I assure you that your mind will be free from doubts after visiting me. Smile
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

Khorkar wrote:

wow u have alot of PATIENCE and PASSION!! pretty sure u'll get what u want soon!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 am

JJ, What to do, this game is a love and hate thing. Sigh, if only i have some skills...

Limed, thanks will look for you when i am in bishan. Can pm me yr contact?
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am

Khorkar wrote:
JJ, What to do, this game is a love and hate thing. Sigh, if only i have some skills...

bro...there r always pple who r better... and there r always pple who r not as good.
if u see me play, then i think u will start to love ur game Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 am

esw wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

bro...there r always pple who r better... and there r always pple who r not as good.

Bro esw, so humble ah.... But I dun believe leh....
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 am

jazz_samz wrote:
esw wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

Bro esw, so humble ah.... But I dun believe leh....

Bro sam,,, u come & see lor...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KK's dilemma and need some advice?   KK's dilemma and need some advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

KK's dilemma and need some advice?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next