Golfernam
Uncle Lau
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:53 am

Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads
Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads ALeqM5ioMVnU4sI7iW4OsMynhTgBfBoALA?docId=photo_1336164734081-1-0&size=s2
* Woods cards a 73 to miss cut by one shot

* Watney takes control with an eight-under-par 64

* Mickelson and Westwood narrowly advance

May 4 (Reuters) - A frustrated Tiger Woods missed a cut for only the eighth time in a PGA Tour event while Nick Watney stormed into a one-shot lead in Friday's second round of the Wells Fargo Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Former world number one Woods battled to a one-over-par 73 at Quail Hollow Club, struggling with his putter, failing to birdie any of the four par-five holes and finishing one stroke outside the cutline.

The greatest player of his generation and arguably the best of all time, Woods has now missed four cuts in his last 36 PGA Tour appearances after missed the same number in his previous 231 starts.

"The entire week I didn't play the par-fives well," Woods told reporters after parring his last nine holes for an even-par total of 144, a distant 12 strokes behind fellow American Watney who fired an eight-under 64.

"You just can't do that, especially when all of them are reachable with irons. I didn't take care of the par-fives, missed a couple of other little short ones for birdie and consequently got no momentum during the round."

Asked to explain why he had struggled, Woods replied: "It all has to do with my setup. If I get over the golf ball and I feel uncomfortable, I hit it great.

"It's just that I get out there and I want to get comfortable, and I follow my old stuff, and I hit it awful."

The 14-times major champion, playing his first PGA Tour event since tying for 40th last month's Masters, then reiterated what has become a mantra for him as he strives to regain the form that once saw him dominate the game.

"I know what I need to do, it's just I need more (repetitions) doing it," said Woods, who has been grooving a new swing with coach Sean Foley over the last two years.

"Obviously we've changed a bunch of different things, and every now and again I fall into the same stuff, old stuff. It takes time to get rid of old patterns."

Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads Tiger-Woods-Tiger-Woods-golf-smiley-emoticon-001155-huge
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:05 am

Up sad... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:08 am

Asked to explain why he had struggled, Woods replied: "It all has to do with my setup. If I get over the golf ball and I feel uncomfortable, I hit it great.

"It's just that I get out there and I want to get comfortable, and I follow my old stuff, and I hit it awful."

Woah.....very chim...can anyone explain TW theory to me...my hcp 20 understanding is to get over the ball, feel comfortable and whack it..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:12 am

I hit it great is by luck Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:36 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

Woah.....very chim...can anyone explain TW theory to me...my hcp 20 understanding is to get over the ball, feel comfortable and whack it..... Cool
Better follow Thigals then Tiger Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:22 am

Watching golf is now no longer exciting. Every time I see TW tee up, I was expecting him to screw the shot, and he really did. Let's face it he is no longer as domineering as he was previously. But I am sure his string of records will stay. So far, none of the wannabes can match his past records. Jack Nickalus' record 18 Majors is probably safe for a few more years until TW "really" find his swing. As for the others chasing his 14 Majors, I cannot see anyone able to do that except for Rory Mcllroy.
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:15 am

Another quail's egg.
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:48 am

---

Wow, enlightening comment, if i want to hit good, i have feel uncomfortable during setup.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:37 am

Li you zuay gay ba you.....

Anyway, this is good for bookmakers n punters Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads 827782
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:36 am

I believe this is due to the changes in setup and swing. We all know how difficult it is to change certain things and we will feel uncomfortable during the process unless the change is already ingrained in our memory. I think he is not quite there yet, thus feeling uncomfortable means he is doing the right thing and not back to his old habits which he is trying to correct.
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:44 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I believe this is due to the changes in setup and swing. We all know how difficult it is to change certain things and we will feel uncomfortable during the process unless the change is already ingrained in our memory. I think he is not quite there yet, thus feeling uncomfortable means he is doing the right thing and not back to his old habits which he is trying to correct.

Do agreed no less fr e difficulties. Crying or Very sad
Bt my ques nw is why he needed such changes while n when he s playg well in e first place! Evil or Very Mad
He lost so much grd n position! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads   Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods misses Quail Hollow cut, Watney leads
Page 1 of 1