Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills Empty
PostSubject: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:57 am

Some of you may have already read this topic I wrote somewhere and I would like to share it here for those who have not read it.

This is going to be a bit of a long story of how I began golfing. Please bear with me. Rest assured I will not bore you with how I so stupidly invest in Pulai Springs but will instead go straight to my first experience on the course.

December 1995

My first game at Austin Hills. Four days before the game, I was hunting around for a pair of golf shoes. Bought a pair of Spalding at IMM (Nevada Bob, now known as Bob's Golf)) for $85 back then. I also bought a box of Top Flite new balls (Didn't know old/used/experienced balls exist as my friend who introduced me to this game didn't tell me). Then my friend's friend asked me if I had bought balls. Told him I bought a box of new ball. He told me new golfers cannot use new balls and must use old balls. He offered to trade his old balls for mine. I nearly fell for it but obviously didn't as it didn't make sense. Imagine how stupid I would be if I did listened to him. Of course he's just joking.

As usual, we have our breakfast along the way to Austin Hill before Carrefour. On reaching AH, went to the make-shift containers to change the shoes and was eagerly waiting for my kakis to appear. When they finally did, we head for the starters in our tuff-mate (No buggies available) for Hole 10.

Standing on top of Hole 10 in AH (if anyone of you can recall) is really exhilarating and panoramic view. It makes one so fresh. I was given the honour to tee off first (Didn't know we have to let the lower handicappers go first). As I step forward and was about to place the ball on the tee, the starter pointed to me and said I cannot play wearing tennis shorts. (Hey, my friend didn't tell me I must wear at least a bermuda. My friend explained to the starter and was let off.

I proceed to place the ball on the tee. Just as I was about to tee-off, the starter again pointed to me and asked if I know how to play golf. My friend's friend came forward and told me I must not place the ball in front of the tee box (so embarrassing). Ok, point taken. I proceed to give the ball a good whack and grimaced when the ball left the tee. Straight into the water about 100m in front.

Like they said, the rest is history. I got no coaching, no one to guide me and relied on books, magazines and in the later part of the game vcds.

Golfing stories can be long and interesting. I am sure over here many have their fair share of stories to share.

Mine is just a short story on a humourous side of how my first day of golfing feels.
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:55 am

Thank u for sharing bro
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:46 am

I first time on course lost 26 balls. Lost stroke count . After 3rd hole thinking of home
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:35 am

YC.Low wrote:
I first time on course lost 26 balls. Lost stroke count . After 3rd hole thinking of home

Ha! Ha! I can't remember how many I lost but figured it's at least 8 to 10 balls. But you kept coming back for more right and enjoyed it I am sure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks for sharing bro....i like to share my first time on course....but i think everyone here know already...if i post again sure kena red card ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Thanks for sharing bro....i like to share my first time on course....but i think everyone here know already...if i post again sure kena red card ! Shocked

Some humour is broadly acceptable I am sure. I don't mind repeats. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills   My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Time on the Golf Course - Austin Hills
Page 1 of 1