TDO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

When The Chip is Down Empty
PostSubject: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:06 am

Another topic I would like to share here.

I have been in this position a number of times. A good friend suggested that on your bad day when you can't chip properly, you should putt if your ball is around the green even if the putt is no good it still get the ball on the green. How true it is.

As the saying goes, "A poor putt is better than a lousy chip".
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:24 pm

I quite okay with chipping....it's my driving or 2ns shots that kill me.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:10 pm

It's quite true. I putted from bunkers a few times with reasonable success. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Thought of getting a 60deg wedge for chipping for higfht lop on to green and roll towards the pin. Currently using 56 or 58.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:06 pm

I have a 60 deg wedge and am still struggling with it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:58 am

TDO wrote:

I have been in this position a number of times. A good friend suggested that on your bad day when you can't chip properly, you should putt if your ball is around the green even if the putt is no good it still get the ball on the green. How true it is.

bro TDO, my good friend is even better! on my bad day, he ask me to take once the ball is near the green.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:02 am

Seiko wrote:
TDO wrote:

bro TDO, my good friend is even better! on my bad day, he ask me to take once the ball is near the green.... Laughing
Alamak! Wrong frequency lah bro. My good friend is teaching me the right way to hit certain shots when you have a bad day with chipping. Your friend is being kind short of telling you not to waste people's time Laughing but you are not learning things correctly if you are given a gimme. Smile
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:04 am

TDO wrote:
Seiko wrote:
TDO wrote:

Alamak! Wrong frequency lah bro. My good friend is teaching me the right way to hit certain shots when you have a bad day with chipping. Your friend is being kind short of telling you not to waste people's time Laughing but you are not learning things correctly if you are given a gimme. Smile

what to do? they always 2 on or 3 on....i always reach the green after 5-6 strokes...so they are indeed "kind" to gimme....
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:24 am

TDO wrote:
Seiko wrote:
TDO wrote:

bro, you don't seems to understand Seiko well enough.

As a Div-C runner up, it is him who is telling me to "take la take la, behind flight need to play" when my ball touch the fringe Embarassed Sad
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:27 am

s-killer wrote:
TDO wrote:
Seiko wrote:
TDO wrote:

As a Div-C runner up, it is him who is telling me to "take la take la, behind flight need to play" when my ball touch the fringe Embarassed Sad

Bro SK, any title is useless when confronted by your new forged iron. Still chiat by u n sdt piece by piece.... Sad
Back to top Go down
sdt
Established Member
Established Member
sdt

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:01 am

Seiko wrote:
s-killer wrote:
TDO wrote:
Seiko wrote:
TDO wrote:

Bro SK, any title is useless when confronted by your new forged iron. Still chiat by u n sdt piece by piece.... Sad

Bro SK, he treat you good enough already, as least you still can tee off.....LOL..... Bro Seiko, did inform me, when you see Pin at the tee box you can take already.......... lol!

Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:09 am

"Bro SK, he treat you good enough already, as least you still can tee off.....LOL..... Bro Seiko, did inform me, when you see Pin at the tee box you can take already.......... "

Oooo!!! I thought that only happen to the Johor Sultan. Once on green means given. But eh, you one up. You see pin means given. Then means no need to tee off from certain holes when standing at tee box can see flag. Laughing
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
markie

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:13 am

This is really tcss ah
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

TDO wrote:
"Bro SK, he treat you good enough already, as least you still can tee off.....LOL..... Bro Seiko, did inform me, when you see Pin at the tee box you can take already.......... "

Oooo!!! I thought that only happen to the Johor Sultan. Once on green means given. But eh, you one up. You see pin means given. Then means no need to tee off from certain holes when standing at tee box can see flag. Laughing

No, for him, he has to face backward when tee off... lol! When The Chip is Down 16911
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:08 am

"No, for him, he has to face backward when tee off... "

Like that means he see wrong pin. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When The Chip is Down   When The Chip is Down Empty

Back to top Go down

When The Chip is Down
Page 1 of 1