RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)

Go down 
+8
swing2sky
rocky
A4checkmate
badboy
pngstream
Neutralgolfer
Seiko
jazz_samz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) Empty
PostSubject: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:43 am

Yo brothers and sisters,

Can advice on the above? My putting has been going downhill.... I know my problem is with (1) reading of line, (2) Strength used, (3) Inconsistency of Pendulum Stroke.

I used to be able to do 2 putts 80-90% of the time, but these pass few games, its not been happening the way I used to be able to.... Been taking minimum 4-putts or more most of the time.... Super Lao Kwee to admit this but I think if I face it head on, for the sake of the game, I will improve.

Care to share your approach on this?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:48 am

Bro, I'm not an expert in golf but I felt that for short game, we need to practice a lot to familiar with our strength and reading of line. I suggest that u sld allocate at least one day 2-4hrs to practice it.

received your email. tks!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 am

I second Seiko, putting you need a lot of practice, as much as you practice your irons and driver.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 am

Maybe u guys are right. At one period of time I do practice quite abit n haven't been doing so for a long time. I should visit my dad's club. Hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
pngstream

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:11 am

Practices is definitely important... But consistency in setup is more important. I tend to pick up pointers from pros... from the golf channel & books... Laughing end up more bad puttings

So if one is keep having minor changes in your setup in putting, putting score tend to go up... How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 30223
Now i try to keep same kind of stance ...but just change ball position.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 am

They say putting no need to teach. Can putt means good putt.

Most of the time is your experience in reading the green and know where to putt. Distance control will depends on your practices.
Back to top Go down
badboy
badboy

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:28 am

my putting more on the feeling looking at the hole like looking at Seiko new profile photo it feel so good affraid
Back to top Go down
A4checkmate
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
A4checkmate

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:34 am

Try to putt at home.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 am

This will work if you have time to go to the practice greens. Else, make do if you have putting mat at home.

Mark a 3 foot circle around the hole with 10 balls. And as you stroke your putts into the hole, count them. Make 100 consecutively and uour putting will improve dramatically. I know it did for me because after that I was very confident. But then I stopped because I didn't have enough time to train afterwards... Sad
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Speed, distance control & correct line reading are all prerequisite...of a good putt....and most importantly good score...
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:42 pm

swing2sky wrote:
Speed, distance control & correct line reading are all prerequisite...of a good putt....and most importantly good score...

...putting feel and attitude impt for me.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Have a putting mat at home leh can putt well but on the green failure.
Rocky, I read yr method before. Maybe I should make a commitment to try it out. Ü
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm

jazz_samz, at home your putting practice should just consist of pre-shot routine, the pendulum stroke as well as striking the ball on the sweet spot. Distance control should be done on actual green, do it before your game to have a feel of the green.

Perhaps you can try to find out what type of putting stroke you have eg. inside to outside, straight back straight thru or inside to inside. Look for a stroke which you can do consistently. Smile For me straight back straight thru works Smile

I have also struggled with putting for some time and have changed my putting style so many times I was fedup and confused. I have now adopted one style which I have used for 2 years and it seem to be working for me. I go through the same pre-shot routine each time Smile
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 pm

putting to me is about mental...
frens always tell me to visualize the ball going in... somehow i can always visualize 4-putt leh...

sorry bro sam can't share with u on this topic... but i know how to overcome bad rounds of putting - ICE COLD BEER... u will feel much better after few jugs... cheers
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Ice beer, u have to blanja seiko bro nhahaha. Go see the Malacca thread, u will understand. Hahahha
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 pm

i c. so seiko bro is the 酒神? idol....
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Hahha. He will violently object to this title. Kekkeke
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Haizz... my putting is so bad that when my ball on the green, my flight mate just ask me to take and don't waste time trying....so paiseh Jazz_samz, can't help you !

cyclops
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Haizz... my putting is so bad that when my ball on the green, my flight mate just ask me to take and don't waste time trying....so paiseh Jazz_samz, can't help you !
cyclops

Bro....
1) At 9pm+, I was wondering how come you haven't log in yet. Glad to see you!!! Smile
2) Regarding yr above statement..... MAI BUAYA ME LAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 187888 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 187888 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 187888
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 pm

I played so badly today that i sat facing the wall since i reach home...think i go back to face the wall again...... How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 396268

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 pm

hahahah..... 1 off day out of 20 games???
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm

1 out of 2 games ! How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 437288
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm

How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 68829
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:16 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I played so badly today that i sat facing the wall since i reach home...think i go back to face the wall again...... How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 396268

You faced the wall the whole day. I hold my 'putter' and cried.... Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:09 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

Hahahahahahah! lol! lol! lol! How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 16911 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 16911 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 16911 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 16911 How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) 16911
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)   How to improve putting.. (Drills and training) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to improve putting.. (Drills and training)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next