12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

Other usage of a golf club!! Empty
PostSubject: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:20 am

Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:17 am

That's why I always keep the Driver in my car boot... just in case..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:51 am

Dear fellow RDGers, it is a offence under the Singapore to carry or keep a golf club in your car. I have posted this story before. Seiko can explain the law and constitution to everyone....calling seiko.

Any thing on the road just take photos or video, walk away and report to the police.

Don't be a hero.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:13 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Dear fellow RDGers, it is a offence under the Singapore to carry or keep a golf club in your car. I have posted this story before. Seiko can explain the law and constitution to everyone....calling seiko.

Any thing on the road just take photos or video, walk away and report to the police.

What if ... i just come out from Range ... also an offence ?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:32 am

I think putting golf club in your car is not an offence but putting one next to the driver's seat may be an offence as it can be used as a weapon, especially wedges due to the heavy heads. pale
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:39 am

ahnah wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

If you use it to hit someone or something (other than its intended use, i.e. golf course), it becomes an weapon, then u will be liable for criminal action.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Neutralgolfer wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

If you use it to hit someone or something (other than its intended use, i.e. golf course), it becomes an weapon, then u will be liable for criminal action.

Self defense leh ?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:35 am

ahnah wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Self defense leh ?

If you are involved in a fight, can you go home take a knife(or buy from shop) and come back to the fight and say self defence?
Self defence would be items found at the scene at that available time. When you go somewhere and take a weapon, then go back, when someone is killed, it will be deem as murder. It will be considered a planned attack.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:41 am

The weapon is at the boot ...not at home
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:10 am

ahnah wrote:

It's the same logic, if you go to car and take knife then go back for fight, it's no longer self defence, it will be assault.
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:10 am

ahnah wrote:
Dun use yr Fish to kill ppl...
Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:15 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
ahnah wrote:

It's the same logic, if you go to car and take knife then go back for fight, it's no longer self defence, it will be assault.

ok . Neutralgolfer
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:23 am

Golfernam wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Dun use yr Fish to kill ppl...

Whahaha.. Very Happy Smile Laughing
Then can i use my titty instead? Wink
Actually, some of my golf kakis uses their Steerg Wheel lock as e self-defence weapon! pirat
Those look like base-ball type lock. Cool
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:00 am

Time to sign up for Tai Chi classes?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:22 am

I think in Singapore's you are not suppose to retaliate physically because it would then mean you are also a party to the fight whether or not it is in self-defense, unless of course you have a witness/es.

My friend who was in the police force as an instructor back in the 70's told me a tip. In any event if you are about to be involved in a fight, make sure you shout "HELP! HELP!" loudly while pretending to run away from the assailant. And then you can hantam that bugger properly (if you are up to it) once you attracted the attention of the public. Smile
Back to top Go down
ahnah
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:26 am

TDO wrote:
I think in Singapore's you are not suppose to retaliate physically because it would then mean you are also a party to the fight whether or not it is in self-defense, unless of course you have a witness/es.

My friend who was in the police force as an instructor back in the 70's told me a tip. In any event if you are about to be involved in a fight, make sure you shout "HELP! HELP!" loudly while pretending to run away from the assailant. And then you can hantam that bugger properly (if you are up to it) once you attracted the attention of the public. Smile

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:28 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
If you are involved in a fight, can you go home take a knife(or buy from shop) and come back to the fight and say self defence?
Self defence would be items found at the scene at that available time. When you go somewhere and take a weapon, then go back, when someone is killed, it will be deem as murder. It will be considered a planned attack.

Ok, let's say I was confronted at a petrol kiosk by an angmoh who is one head taller than me. I was pumping petrol and if he attacks me, can i spray petrol all over him? Is that self defence?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:10 am

nutty88 wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

Ok, let's say I was confronted at a petrol kiosk by an angmoh who is one head taller than me. I was pumping petrol and if he attacks me, can i spray petrol all over him? Is that self defence?

I guess you can, but you don't torch him hor.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:59 am

I think technically it's not right in the eyes of the law as petrol can be used as a murder weapon due to inflammable nature.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:21 am

TDO wrote:
I think technically it's not right in the eyes of the law as petrol can be used as a murder weapon due to inflammable nature.

If you use it just to fend off your attacker with no intention of torching him, it should be fine, I guess.
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:34 am

TDO wrote:

Totally LIKE IT !
Does it applicable nowadays as u mentioned the tips is from 70s ?
many thanks
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:12 am

Yes, still applies and valid, I think. Any ex-policeman here care to comment? Smile
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:24 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
TDO wrote:

If you use it just to fend off your attacker with no intention of torching him, it should be fine, I guess.

i think you need to shout HELP HELP and spray the petrol on the ground to stop him from approaching you ... hahaha
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:11 am

s-killer wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
TDO wrote:

i think you need to shout HELP HELP and spray the petrol on the ground to stop him from approaching you ... hahaha

Don't spray too much, petrol is expensive... later the station needs you to pay.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:05 am

TDO wrote:

Sad to say... in today's world, guilty or not will depends how deep your pocket is.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other usage of a golf club!!   Other usage of a golf club!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Other usage of a golf club!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next