Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rocky
Committee
rocky

Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities Empty
PostSubject: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:18 pm

My fellow reddotters,

Rocky has been wondering if Golf Club memberships come with gym facilities as well. As far as I understand, NSRCC golf membership comes complete with other facilities such as chalet and bbq as well.

The reason Rocky is asking is because Rocky was at a particular gym on Saturday, courtesy of a friendly gift from a friend. Rocky got a free VIP pass for 1 month but was wondering if a gym membership is worth the money at all, if one already has a golf club membership that has a gym. Of course, some will argue that a gym has the professional instructors, conduct classes and other what-nots. But I'm just wondering if it is worth to get both memberships to the two different kinds of clubs.

To be honest, Rocky's experience at that particular gym was not the best experience. Having seen what a golf club looks like, the facilities at the gym pales in comparison.

Maybe should write a review on the gym.... hm....
Back to top Go down
Snowman
Established Member
Established Member
Snowman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:26 pm

I prefer to carry dumbbell at home. Save those petrol cost going down to gym.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Rocky, it all depends on what you're looking for in a gym....some gyms have state-of-the-art equipment while some have just the basics. Having said that, memberships must be put to good use otherwise it's just wasting precious $$$$. A gym is as good as the person who workout in it

lol!

I have tried working out at home for convenience and saving $$$$ realized that there's just too many distractions Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Correcto! I think the same too. But why are people still spending thousands of dollars applying for gym memberships?

Snowman wrote:
Back to top Go down
Snowman
Established Member
Established Member
Snowman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:39 pm

RedPhoenix wrote:
Rocky, it all depends on what you're looking for in a gym....some gyms have state-of-the-art equipment while some have just the basics. Having said that, memberships must be put to good use otherwise it's just wasting precious $$$$. A gym is as good as the person who workout in it

lol!

I have tried working out at home for convenience and saving $$$$ realized that there's just too many distractions Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 987518

Agree agree. Sometime train wrong part muscle.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Agreed. But what about those people that stay in condo with gym facilities? I still see them at those gyms. Why?

RedPhoenix wrote:

Also agreed! The TV, computer, makan are too tempting! Hahahaha...

RedPhoenix wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down
Snowman
Established Member
Established Member
Snowman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:41 pm

rocky wrote:
Correcto! I think the same too. But why are people still spending thousands of dollars applying for gym memberships?

Snowman wrote:

This i am not sure. My room got a chin-up bar and 2 x 5kg dumbells. More than enough for me.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok. the thing is, i read from an article that in spite of economic downturns, gym memberships are one of those items that people will not give up. I seriously cannot understand nor appreciate this. I'm still trying to find out, so if anyone can enlighten me on this, I'll be thankful!
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 pm

rocky wrote:
Agreed. But what about those people that stay in condo with gym facilities? I still see them at those gyms. Why?

Gyms at condos have very very basic eqpt, maybe a treadmill/elliptical trainer, some small no. of free weights, that's all and when there's too many people trying to workout, they end up waiting for too long Sad

RedPhoenix wrote:

Also agreed! The TV, computer, makan are too tempting! Hahahaha...

RedPhoenix wrote:

lol!

I thought that NSRCC's gym should be quite well equipped! Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 pm

rocky wrote:
Ok. the thing is, i read from an article that in spite of economic downturns, gym memberships are one of those items that people will not give up. I seriously cannot understand nor appreciate this. I'm still trying to find out, so if anyone can enlighten me on this, I'll be thankful!

I find that most people hang on to their membership bcos they pay for a package of a no of years and giving up would mean losing all their money as there's no such thing as a refund!

A lot of people procrastinate adding exercise into their lifestyle citing too busy, no time, not a morning/night person, too much work, family time. Unfortunately until we can learn to set aside time for ourselves, there'll never be enough time and we are always at basement 3, 4 or 5 No No No

For me, my decision to exercise is very simple........I can't afford to get sick, medical bills are just too costly. Exercise has been proven to help with stress management etc Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223 Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities 30223
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Bro, I have gym membership with Singapore Sports council. I can go to all sports hall gym. The reason I get the membership is because it is near my office and I can go there during lunch hour with my colleague to do some treadmill and strength exercises. Not very expensive for off peak, $90 a year.
They mostly use Nautilus eqpt, personally I find they have one of the best gym eqpt.

I also have Warren Social membership, but mainly becoz it is near my house. It more for my family like swimming for my kids, jackpot for my in-law, golf range and golf game for me(in a blue moon).

I believe those gym at town area has the same purpose. Those working nearby, can drop by during lunch or after work to have some quick exercises.

One thing very sure is that nobody will buy a gym membership which is miles away from their home or office.

Even people say the professional gym membership has instructors, but I am sure they don't come free. One of my friend has engaged a pro gym instructor before and the cost is S$100+ an hour. This is on top of his expensive gym membership.

Ultimately I believe if it suits their life style, it may be worth(at least to them).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities   Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf Club Membership: Gym Facilities
Page 1 of 1