Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 am

Congratulate Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For His 79th PGA Tour Win

Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  R-TIGER-WOODS-large570

AKRON, Ohio -- They say par is a good score in a major.

If that's true next week at the PGA Championship, then Tiger Woods has already done his share of preparation.

Woods played safe and smart with a big lead, parring 16 holes in an even-par 70 Sunday to coast to a seven-shot victory at the Bridgestone Invitational for his eighth win at the event - matching the PGA Tour record he already shared for victories in a single tournament.

"As blustery as it was, it was going to be really hard for someone to shoot 62 or 63," Woods said. "If I didn't give any shots away and played my game and shot even par or better, I'd force these guys to go and shoot something super low on a golf course that wasn't going to give it up under these conditions."

As he walked to the scorer's trailer to finalize his score, he scooped up 4-year-old son Charlie, who hugged him tightly as his father strode past the large gallery wildly cheering his landslide victory.

"This is the first win he's ever been at," Woods said. "That's what makes it special for both of us."

Daughter Sam was on hand when Woods, won the U.S. Open in 2008, before his personal life imploded. Now Charlie will have some memories of dad in the winner's circle.

"They always say, `Daddy, when are you going to win the tournament?' It was a few years there, or a couple years, I hadn't won anything," Woods said, smiling. "`Are you leading or not? That's a stock question. `Not leading.' `Well, are you going to start leading?' `Well, I'm trying.'"

After a second-round 61 in which he flirted with 59, Woods ended up at 15-under 265 to easily beat defending champ Keegan Bradley and Henrik Stenson.

Bradley, a huge fan of Tiger's when he was a youngster, was asked if he liked to see Woods dominate like he did a decade or so ago.

"When I was younger, I did," Bradley said. "You know, I hate to sit here and go on and on about how good he is, but he is. It's difficult because I really want to get up there and contend with him. But he's just ... this week he's playing really well."
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 am

This is his num 18 wgc
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 pm

He lead all the way. Scorches the pack... Brutal, no one comes near. Played like he was 10 yrs ago. Good for him and Golf needed a tiger boost.
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm

they say the golfing world is back in order when tiger and phil is no 1 and no 2
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 am

Lovin it when Tiger dominated. cat
Lovin it when Phi played his best golf n display his best tricks...cheers
I love golf! I love you 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win    Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Wins WGC-Bridgestone Invitational For 79th PGA Tour Win
Page 1 of 1