freedrop
Uncle Lau
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Allo everyone, someone last week mention i should post up this thread which i wrote last year. he enjoy reading it and ask me to post again here. Hope everyone enjoy my little story....it a true story, many many moons ago.....

Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!

I really cherished my days when i first took up golf, self taught with just one old Macgregor 8 iron. I would in the afternoon when than my 2 year old son, would sleeps and in the care of my maid, i would take a bus down to Mandai ECG range.

There i would whacked tons of balls after flipping many pages of golf books which i borrowed from AMK library. Of course 99% of the ball can't make it passed 5m mark....

There a certain old man, he would sit there looking and finally he cannot TAHAN me, he walked over toward me and said.. " Let me help you son ! " ...And thats starts a decade of friendship with my golf buddy ..Donald Lim aka Kukup King, Singapore Maid.

One incident till today i would laughed over a cup of kopi or to break the ice with a new golf kakis......

Those days in Seletar base Golf Club course (now is a aerospace Hub), myself, Uncle Donald and my drinking kakis David Poh would wait patiently at the starter hut. In those days, SBGC a public course would allow PC holders to played...provide a handicapper would then agreed to bring us in.

Imagine every time we would smile at any golfers walking towards the starter hut and if he said he doesn't wants us, we would just say Thanks and sit down again and wait for another golfers....

And if we will lucky we be tee off with a Handicapper Golfer, hours later in the hot afternoon sun....but one incident is our talk of the Decade......August 2002, temp. 32 deg........

3 of us waited in the starter hut for an hour, than came a stout man, he agreed to takes as in as he is alone. He said he some sport coach from some insitution. On the 1st fairway 150m left to green i took out a 3 wood, he screamed at me " HEY YOU ! Why take 3 woods, used a 4 iron ! " So i used my 4 irons, the ball shanks and went over Uncle Donald head !

2nd hole green. Uncle Donald putted like from katong to Geylang and to Woodlands, the HC man said " You play Hockey or Table tennis ah ! Even my worst boys played better than you ! "

3nd hole teebox, nickname Airport Hole as right side is the Seletar AirPort Runway and is protected high fenches and is OB. I took a WHACKED with my old Maruman driver, a 220cc driver...the ball went forward than turn sharply to the right and OB into the thick bushes....the HC man looked at me and said " WHY ! WHY ! SO BIG SPACE INFRONT....YOU GO AND HIT TO THE RIGHT !!! Your PC you buy ah !!!!! "

5th hole teebox, Poh habits before he tee off he would used his driver and hit the ground a few time....the HC man said to him in Hokkien " You hit the ground for what ? You pray on the ground, the ball will go futher than me mah !!!! "

And Ladies and Gentleman !, that is the last straw our temper can hold...we 3 whacked him like we whacked a Impact Bag.....with our fist.....

Now in present days, everytime i bring a PC or beginner to play their 1st or practise round or virgin 18 holes with them, i would guide them with great care and patient to the best knowledge i could offer...for i always remember what that HC man said to me.....many many moon ago......

Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! 451193
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Unlce Lau,

Now that you mention...I remember in 2002, I was whacked by 3 lousy players. After that I never went back to Seletar course.

It was a hot August day, 32 degree, I remember. My buddy played me out and he didn't turn up without telling me earlier. So there I was, alone and angry. One ball cannot go - starter said.

Then I turned and looked, and I saw 3 goodie goodie easy to bully, and I said to myself, may be I can make some money out of these PC guys.

Then the youngest guy ,looked like a dancing instructor, came to me and asked me if they can join me. Wah, I said to myself, no need to use bait also they bite!

So I said yes, of course, I can give you free advice on swing faults if you play with me. We just bet small small.

The young guy teed up first, he shanked his 4 iron. He looked at me and asked, what happened? I said, young man, it's because of your loft.

Loft? He looked a bit blur. Shanking has got nothing to do with loft, so why loft?

Second guy, older one, teed up. He hooked his driver. And he looked at me, what happened? I said, loft again. He also blur blur, why loft?

The 3rd guy topped his ball, straight, but only 10 m from tee box. So he also asked me, what happened? I said loft, my friend, loft.

The 3 buggers now got angry, and shouted at me : Eh, shanking also loft, hooking also loft, top the ball also loft, what do you mean by loft?

And I shouted back :Loft, loft, loft! L.O.F.T. stands for Lack Of Fxxking Talent!

That's when the 3 of them jumped on me and whacked the hell out of me.

Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 pm

That's a good one freedrop....

Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! 419885
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:51 am

Nice story UL Smile U must treat me with TLC when I play w u hor. Cos I'm only 3mths old in e game.
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:25 am

Wow lau..... AngMo too chim for me la....
Swee ar..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 am

Freedrop! Awesome stuff! I almost fell off my chair!

Hahahaha....
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:17 am

Thankfully I'm in e process of DE-lofting now Razz
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 am

Bro freedrop, that a gd one!!!

U joining us to Kukup in late Aug or early Sept?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:29 am

Cant confirm Kukup yet. Are there firm dates now?

I m looking for 2 more balls to play Palm resirt tmr Thursday morning.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 am

freedrop wrote:
Cant confirm Kukup yet. Are there firm dates now?

I m looking for 2 more balls to play Palm resirt tmr Thursday morning.

no firm dates yet. I will let u know once the date is confirm.

Unfortunately I can't play this thursday. maybe u can contact faiek. he is always free for weekday am game. I will pm u his contact.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:05 am

Yeah freedrop, last meet up was many sunny days back... when you care for a round of friendly game with us. I will love to try you sweet and sharp short game!! Smile
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 am

You guys have any firm dates for Kukup yet? Let me know and I will join you if I'm in town. I will be in UK 2 weeks driving around looking for link courses, and will be in St Andrew for 3 days. Back Aug 23, after that I will like to play Kukup to localise my taste again.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 am

Dear freedrop ! You Good ah....sneak behind me and tickle me.....you the one who ask me to post again this story....... Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! 974937

BTW i also remember that day another group was chasing one man over the stream...... scratch
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 am

UL, waiting for you to play Kukup again end aug, early Sep.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

freedrop wrote:
UL, waiting for you to play Kukup again end aug, early Sep.

Sure bro ! You are always welcome, do login more and check out Kukup thread or sms me. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!   Uncle Lau's PC Days !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!
Page 1 of 1