Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Empty
PostSubject: My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons   My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Folks, this is the 4th golf course that I have played here in Mauritius. It is a bit of a mouthful, it’s called the Four Seasons Golf Club Mauritius at Anahita (locals just call it Anahita). It is an Ernie Els signature golf course. This is located along the east coast of the island. I was invited by a local to participate in the Afrasia (a local bank here) Golf series, amateurs vie for the opportunity to play in a pro-am later this year (or early next year?). There is no minimal credit card spending requirement or fine print, that’s how I got myself invited.
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-37

(1) Practice area is superb. You are hitting balls from grass, and you have unlimited Callaway range balls to use. There is a table in the middle and you can get ice peach tea, apples and chocolate chip cookies to snack on. The cookies are really good!
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-36
To the right of the range is a huge putting green, speed is very fast, same as what I get on the course. Stimpmeter for the day is 11ft. There is another chipping/pitching/bunker area next to the practice green and they stack the Callaway range ball for golfers to use
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-43

(2) Condition is awesome for all of the following. No complaints from me, really.
a. Tee box
b. Fairway
c. Bunker
d. Greens
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-40

(3) Course design. The other Ernie Else designed course I have played is the Els Club in Dubai and I must say I also enjoyed the design of this one. Fairways are relatively wide, but greens can be tricky and well protected. A real risk-reward type of course. If you plot your way from the tee box to the green, you will be rewarded. If you just tee up and whack your way through, then you may be in trouble. There is a GPS in each golf cart and you have no excuse not to chart your way on the golf course
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-39

There is unique design on hole number 14 where there is a stone wall in the middle of the fw, you can get a free drop according to local rules.
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-42
Another hole (I cannot recall which one) has a burn (like a water hazard in links style course) meandering from the fw to next to the putting green.
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-41

(4) Others
a. Each Golf Cart comes with an ice box with 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of Energade (like Gatorade), 2 bars of museli / energy bar. Towels and tees come as standard.
b. Clubhouse – superb! The circular bar area is really cool. Pro shop has an understated classy look to it. Oh btw, it displays a staff bag for Nicholas Colsaerts, he is sponsored by Anahita
c. Changing room is compactly laid out with about 40 lockers; the only downer is that it only has 3 showers, very typical of the golf clubs in Mauritius.
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-38

In my view, this is possibly one of the best golf courses here since my arrival here in Mauritius. The overall experience is really good. Four Seasons hospitality is second to none. The staffs are all very friendly and helpful. Course quality is as good as Heritage Golf Club in Bel Ombre in southern Mauritius. But Anahita being strategically situated next to picture postcard turquoise blue ocean edges it for me.
My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Photo-38

The only downside is the green fee… it is EUR165 (SGD260 ish). I was lucky to only pay SGD100 for this tournament. In the grand scheme of things, if you are paying SGD300-400 to play Sentosa or Laguna World Classic, then this one probably worth every cent!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons   My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Nice review! thanks for sharing bro
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons   My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Drool..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons   My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons Empty

Back to top Go down

My Review of Mauritius - Anahita Club by Four Seasons
Page 1 of 1