RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....

Go down 
+7
s-killer
rt
SteveS
Neutralgolfer
danielleecm
simoner
Uncle Lau
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... Empty
PostSubject: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:32 pm

2013 is my 10 year in golfing...didn't had a Pro to guide, follow golf books and tips from kakis here and there. Lately spend alot of time watching golf channel, learned alot from the channel and programme.

Watching PGA events live and watched them played their shots....than go to Snow lotus Mountain peak to practise and trained.

Today Handicap moved down to 23.5.

How many learn from watching and how many had a Pro to guide.

My best bet i am the only one WITHOUT a Pro...

pig

Back to top Go down
simoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:12 am

Dun bluff....

News has it that you seek guidance from sifu located in western side of Snow Lotus Mountain called the "Coughing Hills"
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:53 am

actually got a question on the golf channel intro on driver...saw that the pro will hang their hands straight down for hitting driver and most of us hand will be stretching out...which one is correct har?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:07 am

danielleecm wrote:
actually got a question on the golf channel intro on driver...saw that the pro will hang their hands straight down for hitting driver and most of us hand will be stretching out...which one is correct har?

Think it will promote different flight path... keeping shaft to your body will promote a more draw biased shot. Outstretch hands will have higher chance of fade or slice... then again it really depends on your swing path.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:56 pm

sometime getting a pro make no difference...

Too many "pro" in singapore just pian ziak one.. I went through two pro and I have phobia with "pro" now.. $ face only
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 pm

SteveS wrote:

Too many "pro" in singapore just pian ziak one.. I went through two pro and I have phobia with "pro" now.. $ face only
I am sorry for your bad experience. I am sure one day you will click well with a pro that you can learn and continue to enjoy golf for a long time...

Happy Golfing
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:50 pm

now i am watching youtube to learn those fundamental which are all not taught...
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
rt

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 am

hi ul, coincidentally, being playing since 2003 without any paid coaching.

during my beginning stage, on and off, was given tips by golfchow and many self taught practises.

now playing with a resonable handicap but still not happy with my consistency.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:43 am

rt wrote:

during my beginning stage, on and off, was given tips by golfchow and many self taught practises.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 am

SteveS wrote:

It depends on what you paid for. If you pay for beginner course, the pro will only teach fundamental and basics. If you go for intermediate, the pro will probably see your problem then help you rectify and teach you some new tricks. If you go for advance, the pro will probably tell you their secrets.

Golf is a life long learning process, even like the touring pros, they are getting couches to fine tune their swings. There is no such thing as pay one time and you get to learn everything.

Golf swing is not a natural action for human body. It is a combination of co-ordinated actions which requires precision and good timing to hit the ball sweet and far. You need a lot of practices to get these co-ordinated actions to work properly. Of course, with a good fundamental from a good PRO, you will probably get the good swing faster. Getting a pro to look at your swing periodically(3-6 months) will definitely help you improve faster.

As a lot of pros are saying "You need to find your own swing"... As each and everyone of us are genetically built differently, certain actions may give different results.

You may learn from websites, but you still need someone to tell you if you learnt correctly and that's where a coach would come in.

Happy golfing!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 am

rt wrote:

GC is a pro leh... his tips is as good as coaching.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:09 am

SteveS wrote:

Bro,

There are so many pro in Singapore. Unfortunately you found 2 Pro that are not suitable to you.

Don't give up, continue to look for one that is able to get his thought and methodology through to you, and you are able to execute what he is trying to teach you ... its about Chemistry.

i am lucky to find 1 coach, but unfortunately i am not talented enough. I know what he is taking about, what he wants me to do. But unfortunately not able to execute properly ...
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
rt

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
rt wrote:

GC is a pro leh... his tips is as good as coaching.... What a Face

i mentioned paid coaching, his is foc. anyway, that was long long time ago giving me tips for a short period over beers!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:39 am

Ahemm......i am so hopeless.....i bet my pro will refund me after 1 session.....i speak for myself only...Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Ahemm......i am so hopeless.....i bet my pro will refund me after 1 session.....i speak for myself only...Exclamation

You dont need to speak for yrself.  I confirm you are hopeless and you made me laugh through out my game.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Daffu wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

You dont need to speak for yrself.  I confirm you are hopeless and you made me laugh through out my game.
Dear bro SteveS ...please choose your golf kakis carefully...i learn my lesson....either you get a good sidekick or a laughing Hyena for 5 hours...cyclops
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Daffu wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Dear bro SteveS ...please choose your golf kakis carefully...i learn my lesson....either you get a good sidekick or a laughing Hyena for 5 hours...cyclops

But you have admitted that it asw a fun hyenas despite the pitiful torture.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:15 am

Daffu wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Daffu wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

But you have admitted that it asw a fun hyenas despite the pitiful torture.

Show me the prove and i cut my hairdo like yours...bald !Razz
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 pm

ya...i guess i shouldn't give up looking for a pro that "clicked"

I think I should do more homework too than rely too much on the pro feeding me information. So for these few months will just learn all those that's not taught online before getting a pro.

Anyone got experience with RCC golf lesson ? They teaching RSS (right sided swing) by Gary Edwin. Not sure is it advisable to take up such lesson as will have to change the entire swing...

Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am

I very lucky... Uncle Lau bring me to Par 3 at Changi. He show me some tips and from there I start to my golfing journey... From that day onward some RDG best golfers have taught me some basic skill. No need pro laaa... Wat u need is a lot of practice... Woohoo
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
rt

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm

y bro ul never treat so good like he treat u?
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I will never forget my first golf game at Par 3 Changi. Uncle Lau gave me 20 golf balls to start the game. Thank you UL for your help during my virgin golf game...
Back to top Go down
edmuhamad
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
edmuhamad

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Along the way, I was guided by our bro's from RDG... Thanks to their advices and tips, finally make me a better golfer... Thank u RDG bro's...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:43 pm

rt wrote:
y bro ul never treat so good like he treat u?

Because you are a Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... 68829 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:44 pm

edmuhamad wrote:
I very lucky... Uncle Lau bring me to Par 3 at Changi. He show me some tips and from there I start to my golfing journey... From that day onward some RDG best golfers have taught me some basic skill. No need pro laaa... Wat u need is a lot of practice... Woohoo

You are most welcome bro..you are just too modest:heart: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips....   Do you had a pro to teach you or you watch Golf Channel for tips.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next